Sweet and buttery that softens the bite of the Brussels sprouts!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 cups halved and thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in Brussels sprouts; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth and sugar; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently. Stir in salt. Sprinkle with pecans.