Cate's Diary

Thanks, Liza, Marsia & Llama. I was thrilled for T. She's been wanting to get her handicap in & she did. She was more consistent this week. She really is a joy to be with.
Pushing myself out the door when I'm tired is a good idea. I hate feeling like a sloth. I'm tired again this morning after another rotten sleep. There's nothing really pressing on today. I want to go check my golf buggy as the battery got really low the other day. D borrowed it Sat, Sun & Tue & he may not have recharged it each time. We'll take Arch to the offlead dog park for a treat. I have 4 books to pick up from the library. Yay!
I only had a 120 deficit yesterday, with very little exercise. I'm trying to walk faster to get my heart rate up.

I quite like being slothful sometimes but then by bed time or the next morning I'll feel like I'm wasting my finite lifetime away and that's a horrible feeling. Plus once I start it gets harder and harder to stop.

🦥 It's ok every now & then but only every now & then 🦥
Today was a better day. I checked my buggy & it was fully charged. I think they must have forgotten to press the timer button on the charger on Tuesday. I'm not sure who put it away- A or his son, D. They have a lot on their minds with A going to Vic next week for a cancer op.
We took Arch to the offlead dog park & he got filthy. I bathed him this afternoon & he's back to his handsome self. I did some gardening this afternoon & read another book (Angela Savage's "Mother of Pearl"). I like her books. I read too fast.

Glad your golf cart is all good to go again. Archie must have had a fun time if he came back filthy :)
So nice you can enjoy a good read.
Your day really sounds like the perfect balance.

Thanks, Marsia, Liza, Llama & Em :grouphug:
G & I are off to see our AFL team play in Launceston today. I have packed a small picnic lunch I hope they'll let us take in. It's just some crackers, cheese & fruit.
I slept well last night but am so tired this morning still. I wish I could get a good sleeping pattern. I seem to be always trying to play catch up.
I had a 233 deficit yesterday.

Thanks, Llama. I think our team played well & lost by less than a goal. Negative supporters surrounded me & I don't understand them. I'm grateful that we can drive to the game, park for free within walking distance, see our team play and get in for free (as an Interstate member, which is quite affordable). What do we have to complain about?
We had a lovely day.

How good was the Aurora Australis down your way tonight, it was visible this far north which is highly unusual.

That does sound like a lovely day out. Especially with the nice picnic brought along!
I know what you mean about trying to get a good sleep pattern-it's something I seem to really struggle with as well.

Fun is much more important than who wins. Fanaticism in sports is fine if it's on the part of the athletes but fanaticism on the part of fans is as bad as religious fanaticism.

How good was the Aurora Australis down your way tonight, it was visible this far north which is highly unusual.
It was spectacular apparently, but we had lots of cloud cover & were knackered & went to bed at 10 pm. I'm loving the photos though! Check out the Aurora Australis Tasmania Facebook group photos. It's a public page. Also https://www.facebook.com/joykachinaimages. Joy is a brilliant photographer.
That does sound like a lovely day out. Especially with the nice picnic brought along!
I know what you mean about trying to get a good sleep pattern-it's something I seem to really struggle with as well.
I needed my sleep more last night than I needed to watch the Southern Lights. I feel like I have caught up again thank goodness.
Fun is much more important than who wins. Fanaticism in sports is fine if it's on the part of the athletes but fanaticism on the part of fans is as bad as religious fanaticism.
Fun is way more important, Llama. It was hard not to say anything to the ones directly behind me. They can't get much joy from the experience. I really felt like I was soaking it in. I felt grateful just being there.

Today is Mother's Day & I just got a message from D, our older son, wishing me HMD & telling me he loved me lots & he will call in today after work. I haven't seen him for ages. We were considering visiting them today as we haven't seen their house yet, but he's working so that wouldn't have worked anyway. It will be lovely seeing him.
I had a 210 deficit yesterday.

Last edited:
Enjoy your visit! I messaged my mom 15 minutes ago but she's always hated Mother's Day so that's all that's happening.

Glad you caught up on sleep! Those photos are other worldly. I don't think I've ever seen such vibrant effects like that before! Love the rest of her site, too. I hope you have a great visit with your son. That'll be fun to see his new place and to catch up.

Today is Mother's Day & I just got a message from D, our older son, wishing me HMD & telling me he loved me lots & he will call in today after work
Lovely! I hope you have/had a great visit.
You sound like a great mom so it's nice to have that celebrated!

Thanks, Vic, Llama, Marsia, Liza & Em :grouphug:
It was a lovely visit.
G & I saw some glimmers of the Aurora last night but my phone is too old to have a nighttime setting & nothing showed up. It was just a glimmer & very little colour. It has been spectacular though & I love seeing all of the photos. Both of our sons got to see a great display on Saturday night.
I ate to about maintenance yesterday. G made us a delicious GF pizza, which we had with salad & a nice red wine.

Pizza would be the height of glutenfree difficulties :eek: Do you know whether he uses a storebought flour mix or if he makes his own?

Yay for aurora sightings!

That's funny I am making a gluten free pizza tomorrow. I want to see if the millet I ground into flour works well. It's way less expensive that way. So glad you had a nice visit and that your sons got to see the southern lights.

Back