Llama

That tree of life is magnificent, Llama. Lucky sis!
It sounds like a full-on visit but lovely. I hope you're asleep by now back in your own bed xoxo

Wow, the tree of life is amazing! I bet your sister was thrilled to have it as a present. Your visits home always sound like something from a novel - maybe a modern "Cheaper by the Dozen". The baking sounds delectible, too!

Thanks guys. It was a lot of fun but I'm glad to be home alone for a couple of hours. Slept like a log and remembered to weigh in. Last time I weighed was 12 days ago and I was up 1.4 kg after a week of too many binges. Today I'm down 2.0 kg from that high weight so though I am probably a bit dehydrated I definitely lost some weight during my vacation :party: Let's see if I can at least stay the same this week with the stress of work and visitors. Got a load of laundry running, my suitcase is mostly unpacked, and I really need to do some cleaning this morning but I think my main goal for the week is to conserve mental energy as much as possible so I can actually enjoy the visit as a gift instead of seeing it as a bit of a chore. So sweeping, changing my sheets, and a bit of tidying will be all for today and I will not put energy into cooking beyond salads and stuff.

Well it's nice that at least you aren't too far from home that you can fit in some good quality visits regularly.

Good for you losing some weight during your vacation. That always seems like an extra accomplishment to do it while away but considering how much you all seem to move on your visits, not a huge surprise!
I hope you can enjoy the upcoming visit without it tiring you out too much.

Well done losing weight on vacation, LLama 👏
Will your sis & her family stay in a hotel nearby? Conserving mental energy sounds like a good plan. I hope you enjoy their visit, LLama & your week is not too stressful xo

I agree, so wonderful you can lose weight on vacation and get so much fresh air and exercise and fun outings, too! I like your plan to be mellow about the upcoming visit so you have the energy to enjoy it!

Thanks all! Just had dinner with Sis&Co and now I'm on my way home. Normal shift tomorrow and then it's a long weekend. I ate entirely too much chocolate between getting home from work and leaving for dinner so that little bit of weight lost is probably on its way back already 🤷‍♂️

Glad you had a nice visit! I keep gaining what I just lost, too, and really want to concentrate on not doing that this month!!!

It's a coincidence but I am glad about it. If my sister hadn't come to visit this week I probably would've taken Monday off as well. They're leaving Saturday night though, so I'll have Sunday to go for a hike and empty out my head.

I ate so much chocolate yesterday I wasn't expecting to get much sleep but it was ok-ish. Need to go out and buy a pocket knife for my nephew this morning though: he'll be 12 next month and he hasn't got one yet! Does he need a knife? Of course not. And he'll probably never use it. But it's the kind of thing kids like to own and he's now old enough that even my sister thinks it's ok.

That sounds like a wonderful gift. I really treasured my pocket knife growing up. I hope you have a nice calm day.

That sounds like a wonderful gift. I really treasured my pocket knife growing up. I hope you have a nice calm day.
Thanks! I like the knife I found and it wasn't super expensive. I hope he'll be hsppy with it as well.
Oh nice that the timing of the visit will work out to have Sunday to sort of recover from all the visiting.
Super happy about that. I feel like I'm about to keel over so knowing I'll have a veg-out day before starting the new work week is helpful.

Work was kind of stressful and took forever. One supposed 6-y/o who I'd've guessed to be 3, or 4 at most :eek: Maybe I'm just too used to our giant alien baby family. Also had a couple of realy nice folks though. My last patient told me what I did was body psychotherapy. They'd come in for their first appointment very tired so I'd planned to only do the most important active exercises and relaxation/massage for the second half. Apparently they'd been through some traumatic stuff (which of course tends to exacerbate any physical issues people have) and they felt like we were healing that as well. Which was such a nice thing to say!

That's a wonderful compliment on your skills, Llama! I hope tomorrow isn't as exhausting though xo

We're going to the high-rope course for whatever Catholic holiday today is (Ascension, I think) and I expect it to be fun. A shame my nephew and BIL don't enjoy hiking because it's in such a nice area.

My last patient told me what I did was body psychotherapy. They'd come in for their first appointment very tired so I'd planned to only do the most important active exercises and relaxation/massage for the second half. Apparently they'd been through some traumatic stuff (which of course tends to exacerbate any physical issues people have) and they felt like we were healing that as well. Which was such a nice thing to say!
Oh lovely! A very high compliment for sure!
We're going to the high-rope course for whatever Catholic holiday today is (Ascension, I think) and I expect it to be fun. A shame my nephew and BIL don't enjoy hiking because it's in such a nice area.
Very fitting to go to a high-rope course for Ascension day! I actually had to google high-rope course--I've never seen one. I don't think I would be able to handle that at all, my palms get sweaty just thinking about it!

I assume that your sister does like hiking, Llama. Can the two of you go, without the others?
She does but I like the high-rope course as well! It turned out to be less intense than the one we've been to "back home" so we all managed the full 4 hours, which was fun. And then I convinced them to walk back down to town :p Went to a nice Italian restaurant for dinner and made it home at a very reasonable time because thankfully they're early birds and like to be in bed early as well.

She does but I like the high-rope course as well! It turned out to be less intense than the one we've been to "back home" so we all managed the full 4 hours, which was fun. And then I convinced them to walk back down to town :p
Oh, well done!
Went to a nice Italian restaurant for dinner and made it home at a very reasonable time because thankfully they're early birds and like to be in bed early as well.
Lovely xo

Oh, also: Nephew decided he wanted to open his packages right away (I'd said it was his choice whether to open them right away or wait until his actual birthday) was thrilled about his gifts. He also got a tiny electrical engine for homemade boats.

Back