Your opinions on the FIA...?

After advice and encouragement from people, I have decided I would like to do Certificate III and IV in Fitness. I am interested in the content, I don't know what I would do with it afterwards though, like I said, it is an interest.

My PT has done it through the FIA. I want to do it online so I can take my time doing it and so it can sink in. What do you think?

Here is the information...

FIA website:

FIA information package:

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
I did my Certificate III and Certificate IV with these guys, (just handed in my Cert IV prac book) and they were good. Expensive, but the lecturers are the ones who write the textbooks, so I think that really helps. I did campus based though, not distance/online learning.

Hi, i am about to enroll with FIA to do my cert 3 and 4, i was just wondering how you are finding the online course?

Hey, I just realised I replied to your other message lol

Well I have just finished Certificate III and it was fun :) I am a morning gym person and I only had to go to the gym 'in my own time' (so meaning instead of just my morning sessions which is normal for me) once or twice for the fitness appraisal. My PT who I used as my mentor was really good, as he has done the course through them too, he knows their standards and gave me pointers.

Fitting it in with full time work - I found it pretty easy. For some reason, I am really focused with this course and was sitting down most nights for an hour plus to get the work done. The online resources are helpful, especially the forums. You do need to look for your own information as well for some of the stuff.

The textbooks are online but I recommend buying them, as it is easier to read than off the computer, it sinks in and you can mark important parts. I found my Cert III book on eBay and will be buying the Cert IV ones through FIA. Straight to the point, teaches you what you need to know and very good.

I can't want to start on Cert IV! I've got the stuff, however I am buying the books from them instead of reading it online so I am waiting for that.:violent2:

Back