Workout Plan for 14 Year Old

I'm 14 years old... I've never worked out before and am looking to start to stay in shape all year and get bigger for soccer and other sports.

Right now I'm 5'9" and 120 - 125 lbs. I'm slim and look cut but I'm not too strong. I could use help finding a workout plan. I have an elliptical and some workout machine in the basement (excuse my ignorance) :). I might be able to get to a gym but not til the summer.

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Welcome to the forum, never too early to start

Take a look at the weight training stickies, and come back with more specific questions.

Do you have access to a barbell and some weights?

My 14 years old friend I just want your attention about weight training. Do not do training with weights because until the age of 17-18 this can have negative effects to your height normal development. You may become too short if you do this kind of exercise in the development age that you are and this of course will have negative effects to your appearence self-esteem.

My 14 years old friend I just want your attention about weight training. Do not do training with weights because until the age of 17-18 this can have negative effects to your height normal development. You may become too short if you do this kind of exercise in the development age that you are and this of course will have negative effects to your appearence self-esteem.

OMG!!! I can not stand people that have, and go hunt for, reasons not to 'take action.' bleck!!! gross.... eeeeew

"actually iot would be better for you to paky video games and stimulate you developing brain" what a LOSER!!!! yes I called you a loser! you topped in and DIS-couraged a person. your one and only post!!!!

Gimme an L
Gimme an O

you get the drift.

bye

Only certain weight exercises make you shorter like lunge's but doing bicep curls is fine.

You are both idiots and mis informed. please leave the website and continue playing your video games and eating chips.

You are the weakest link. Good bye.

yeah, don't be afraid of weight training. there is no data to prove it will stunt your growth.
Do big lifts, squats, deadlifts, pullups, rows, pushups, bench press, etc. Don't worry too much about isolation like curls. You're young and you should focus on building a good base.

Okay... Thanks for the responses. Is there a certain schedule I should use? How much is too much and what limits should I set so I don't hurt myself???

Thanks,
Luke

Don't be afraid to incorporate some bodyweight exercise circuits, etc to get some general conditioning, as I said before, it is important to build a good base at your age, a base that will work as a starting point for a lot of activities you might want to try when you get older.

I am 14 too. I would Highly recommend Cycling if you can. Jogging, Running or Walking too will also work for you. I do a lot of Cycling and I try to set new goals while biking around my town. With a heavy heart and all the luck, Andrew.

YOU LITERALLY JUST DISCOURAGED A 14 YEAR OLD! I really wonder how you can sleep at night if you can actually put down kids man. Give me an L. Give me an O. Give me an S. Giver me an E. Give me an R. Whats it spell? LOSER!!!!

Back