🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Awesome job, as always!

My Biomechanics exam result has been posted, I passed with 61% which I am very happy and relieved considering the internet problems during the exam.

Now I need to sit down with little miss, and use my Hobbytex to help her paint her new fairy themed height chart for her room.

Congratulations! Given the circumstances any pass is a distinction. Pics of the finished fairy chart?

Congratulations! Given the circumstances any pass is a distinction. Pics of the finished fairy chart?
I just finished it, will post a photo when hubby hangs it on her wall. I did post a progress pic on facebook.

The height chart came as an outline, Hobbytex paint is an oil based paint in a ballpoint tube, colours are blended together while still wet to get a smoothed finish, Little miss liked using the blending tool and helped with the painting. She is now fast sleep and will see it in position on one end of the bookshelf when she wakes up.

Also while I was working on this, she was painting an old white piece of sheet with half size tubes of paint more suited to her little hands.

I will also add. that if I wanted to I can also unscrew the tubes to paint in a more traditional way with a brush, but that tends to get messy with oil paint.

Yesterday I completed the haematology and immunology e-module for physiology and last night I slogged through the Digestive system e-module, each module and associates assessment quiz is worth 1% of my final mark, and the content forms the basis of the lecture and tutorial for the week. My lecture for Physiology is tonight. At lunch time I have my Biomechanics lecture looking at the mechanics of walking. It is not just exercise science students in this class, some students are doing a degree to build prosthetic limbs and have disabilities themselves.

Prosthetics is a super interesting topic: it's amazing what can be done these days if people have the money (and the creativity of the low-cost solutions can be impressive as well).

Had my second dose of vaccine today, arm is a bit sore but I hope I will feel ok tomorrow for uni tutorials. Will be in the biomechanics lab analysing our own gait which should prove interesting with my hip arthritis and my dodgy knees, the medial aspect of my left knee has been giving me sharp pain over the last few days and that is my good knee lol.

Learning more about my own body and how it compares to others functionally was one of the most interesting and fun parts of my physio education. Enjoy!

Learning more about my own body and how it compares to others functionally was one of the most interesting and fun parts of my physio education. Enjoy!

The lecturers at the uni put a fair amount of effort making certain that students know what is ahead if they choose the physiotherapy path, and that it may not be the best option for many with the reality of working in a clinical setting rather than working as the physio for high profile athletes, in the same way that a lot of students come into the degree I am doing thinking they will come out of it and work for some high profile sports team when the reality is that very few ever get that chance and then only with many years of experience to back them up.

It has been noted however that the uni is always keen on graduates joining the research team working with the athletes that are trained at the Uni, a lot of which won Paralympic medals. I do find it interesting learning how to train athletes to perform at an elite level and overcome disabilities to do it.

Somehow no matter what educational path people choose they all think they'll end up doing the rarest, most high-profile job options later :) I guess most of us suffer from specialitis a bit.

Posting now because I probably won't have time tomorrow with face to face classes at Uni.

This afternoon I have been in a lot of pain with my arthritis and my knee, so much so I had to resort to taking a strong pain killer which I try to avoid when at all possible, so my gait data tomorrow will be very interesting and info that may be useful later because I definitely need to see my doc again and possibly time to see a physio again to see what is going on that I may not picked up on myself and Id whether the knee pain is getting referred from my hip or if my knee has an injury and referring pain back up to my bad hip. It may also be time for a new hip injection.

Nobody has ever been able to give me a clear answer as to why my connective tissues calcifies sooooo much, I was hoping physiology would further my understanding but not yet. Keeping my muscles in balance is good and prevents a lot of common injuries but when my ligaments are little more than patched of calcified material it is very frustrating. The closest somebody has come to explaining it suggested it may be related to my allergies.

Back