🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Sounds great! Sometimes the fancy stuff is worth seeking out - and if you can find it used all the better.

now I have a little more time to post, the trip down the coast to pick up the rower went smoothly despite driving through one of the super cells hitting the area. When we got home we had to get the chainsaw out before we could complete the drive up the driveway due to half a tree coming down.

This morning little miss did not want to leave the house to go to childcare because she was having soooo much fun rowing. once she got there she was straight into the fun as usual.

completed a 5k row in 8 intervals and my hip feels no worse and was not a problem rowing :hurray: and I have a light sweat which I don't get when lifting.

the rower has motivated me to start tracking again in cronometer but I am going to look into how to bluetooth the rower to my computer to make the most of the onboard rowing computer.

hit another 5k this afternoon, graph looks nice and steadyish depending on how I feel I might slow it right down for a 10 k tonight

Cronometer tells me I am currently at a 2180 calorie deficit for the day but I have not had an evening meal yet and I don't usually eat back the full amount of exercise calories if any at all.

Mayyybe build it up a little more slowly. I know you know your own body but going to 5+10 km on the second day of use soinds like trouble to me.

I feel ok, hip is no worse than usual, muscles feel ok, a bit tired because I woke up at 3:30 am not being able to sleep but managed to get back to sleep about an hour later (forgot to take some melatonin before bed) ended my calorie count 20 over normal target so did not eat back exercise calories.

I have made a decision to stop letting my health and hip pain get me down and I am recommitting to reducing my bf% which will show as an overall weight loss because at my level of training experience and calorie deficit I will maintain muscle but will not gain any. The goal is to get back to my competition weight.

went through the cupboard and got rid of some old out of date protein powder that had turned into a solid block, found one that is still ok and is free from allergens and is zero carb with the added bonus that it has been independently certified as free from banned substances. Hubby has just gone into town shopping with instructions to buy me skinless chicken thighs rather than drumsticks because my fat intake has drifted too high and I am not hitting my protein needs.

I also need to commit to taking the required supplements every day for my health (known deficiencies) like Vit D which I do not produce naturally and is always at basement level on my blood tests rather than taking them when I remember. I have a pill box divided into 7 days, I must dig it out and actually use it.

Glad to hear my you suffered no ill effects. I'm very curious to see you in weightloss mode: if you go about it as methodically as you tackle everything else it'll be an inspiration.

I don't think it is worth posting on the erg thread, I had a go at the 100m ranked row. completed it in 19.9 seconds ranked 39 in the world (Yay I am on the first page of results) peak stroke force was 105 kg. Goal for this distance is under 0:15.8 so I need to cut 4.1 seconds of my time to be the best. I think improvement can be achieved by improving my stroke rate.

finished up yesterday with a strength session in the gym and food calories on target, but not quite getting macros right yet.

Today

2 5k rows for a total of 500 calories

food has been minimal and I need to fix that as it is 3 in the afternoon and all I have eaten is a small can of tuna.

at the end of the week I will share a 7 day average nutritional breakdown of my week.

I like looking at the weekly averages, because I can see trends of what I am not getting enough of so changes can be made in a methodical way.

Edit: I am 500 calories short for the day, I am not hungry, I may do some more rowing to see If i can generate enough hunger to meet my protein target.

Last edited:
What is your calorie target for the day, Tru?

I have set my tracker for 1300 calories, more important for me is hitting my nutrition targets. In the past when I was at my peak lifting even a registered dietitian had trouble getting me to loose fat and had me at 1100 calories at the time with no loss but hitting nutrition targets. With keto macro targets set I do loose at least but very slowly.

I think nutrition targets are much better anyway. I struggle with getting my calories down to under 1500 :(

Oof, those are some tough restrictions! Not many people can handle that kind of regime but I've seen how disciplined you are.

finished up yesterday short on protein, I just was not hungry, also spent time outside, little miss picked out some marigolds from Bunnings when she went shopping with hubby. I helped her plant them in my veg garden, with the heat being 32 plus most days now most veg wont grow very well.

Today is the last day of uni lectures for Biomechanics, physiology finished with new content last week.

Food - so far this morning I have chugged water, taken my Vit D and chomped on a nice piece of greek fetta, I am about to go mix up a double scoop protein shake to ensure I get to my protein target today, I don't think the description of "Dutch Chocolate" is very accurate but it is what it is, I will have real food later in the day. after my lecture.

I also woke up a little stiff all over this morning but feel ok now, looking forward to my injection on Wednesday.

Back