🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

:grouphug: How has G been with you so sick? She seems like such a little livewire. Glad you're a little bit better but hopefully you get a lot better soon!

:grouphug: How has G been with you so sick? She seems like such a little livewire. Glad you're a little bit better but hopefully you get a lot better soon!
It is good D is on holidays at the moment, this morning she has been out catching chickens and watching D do more work on his retaining wall. Over the last few days she has learned to be a little more cautions of the young peacock, teasing him with items (waving a piece of grass in front of him) that he thought was food resulted in a solid nip on the fingers. Respect learned the hard way lol

Learning to respect animals' personal space is a valuable lesson. It really sucks you've been sick for such a long time now!

At least today I am mostly back to my normal self except for the lungs and joint pain, the infection has been cleared up but the lung problems remain.

Doc has prescribed a steroid for my lungs, with luck it will finish the job the antibiotics and other meds started. If it works It will be a long road to rebuilding my cardio fitness, to something near normal. I just want to be able to get through the day without coughing fits and be able to breathe properly.

Doc was astounded by my x-ray results, while there was the known arthritis and calcification in my bad right knee, the basic joint structures of both knees and hips are in a remarkably good condition and that of a much younger person. The condition of my spine left him speechless, it has a little bit of arthritis but is otherwise in perfect condition, I have never had back problems but Doc wanted to rule it out for referring pain further down the body. Bone density was great. What this all means is I am booked in for an ultrasound of my hip to check for bursitis which has been the problem for every other time I have had a flare up and has needed to be injected, but the x-rays at least ruled out other major issues and if it is the bursa as I expect it is that will explain the referred pain to my left knee especially with the hip pain changing my gait.

Sounds like the best possible news given the circumstances! Steroids are poison but they´re also kind of miraculous so I hope they do the trick for both lungs and bursa.

I am feeling the effects of the steroids, definite improvement, I will be on them for 5 days.

Attended my Graduation tonight, I may post pics tomorrow when hubby uploads them to the internet from his phone.

I am feeling very drained, but I also cannot sleep, possibly because of the steroids

That sucks. Sleep is amazing. At least you won't have to take the meds for very long.

Congratulations, Tru! Do you have any Melatonin? I gave some to G for 2 nights & he slept much better.

Congratulations, Tru! Do you have any Melatonin? I gave some to G for 2 nights & he slept much better.

I buy pure melatonin in bulk lol, side effect of the prednisone is Insomnia, however I slept in until 8am this morning after getting back to bed in the wee hours of the morning.

I am looking pudgy in this photo taken on Ds phone, but as far a photos go for somebody who prefers to take the photos it could have been worse. the extra pudgyness could also be from the steroid use for being sick.
graduation-edit.jpg

Who cares about a bit of pudginess when you and Little Miss are clearly proud and happy!

I have spent the mid semester break relaxing and trying to get better, last couple of days have been an improvement, but it will be a long slog to recover any level of fitness as I am still not completely better.

Today it was 33 c (91.4 f) in the shade, first stinking hot day of the season.

I have spent the week building model terrain in 6 mm scale (Z scale for rail enthusiasts) with the help of little miss, who likes to make maps and move the models around after painting them. The models are like tiny dolls for her lol.

I don't wear jewelry, but have spent the day wearing beaded jewelry made by little miss, when your almost 4 year old makes you stuff you wear it. I am still amazed by her level of fine motor control.

back to study tomorrow.

I don't wear jewelry, but have spent the day wearing beaded jewelry made by little miss, when your almost 4 year old makes you stuff you wear it.
:beating: Yes, you do. I can´t believe she´s almost 4 already! Glad to hear the rest did you good and I really hope things keep going upward for a while now.

Making jewellery before she's four? Very impressive. She's a little gem. It's good to hear that you are mending, Tru & making the most of your break. Your graduation photo is lovely!

Making jewellery before she's four? Very impressive. She's a little gem. It's good to hear that you are mending, Tru & making the most of your break. Your graduation photo is lovely!

During our last trip to Lincraft she picked out more stuff than I did lol, I will be in all sorts of strife if the new shop being build in town is a Spotlight, I will be forever broke.

The only help she needed for her jewelry was tying the knot at the end.

1633385409629.png

The beads are from a bulk bag of cheap mixed beads.

Last edited:
Back