🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

1641598679409.png

Still raining solidly, the first of the major bridges in town is under (9.8 meters above normal river level) 2 to go, the highway north is as shown in picture, backroads north are all cut. Hubby just left to go into town to see if he can get to the stock food store before that section of highway is cut.

At least it will mean more social distancing for the Covid situation :) as the tourists fight to get out of the area before they can no longer get out.

What next, Tru? What next?
At least, like us you would be fairly well stocked up.

I don't know what it is with people, the general advice during a flood is do not drive in flood water and don't go out sight seeing. Lots of both happening today. There has been at least one death

Apparently traffic in town is at a standstill and stretches 20 km south down the highway. locals cannot get out of their homes as people try to go bypass all the road closures, it is bumper to bumper on our road with people making the futile attempt to use backroads to go north. The highway is blocked to the north, the backroad past my place will only lead to a submerged bridge in Maryborough preventing any access back to the highway or anywhere else of they can even get that far as there are a lot of low points and floodways.

It is still raining on and off and the flood has peaked in town but yet to peak down river to the north.

It always gets bad on the roads during floods but this is the worst I have ever seen even though the water only reached moderate levels. I think it is hard for people to comprehend the sheer amount of water needed to generate 20m plus flood heights. we were just luck the massive amounts of rain did not also fall in the upper catchment.

food ok today, exercise : rower
we won't leave our property until the madness dies down, hopefully by Wednesday when we all have our boosters booked.

People are insane. I sometimes wonder how we ever came to be so plentiful. I hope things ease up in time for y'all to get your boosters.

looks like SBS managed to get a news journalist into town, the view of the traffic and road chaos from above does not reflect the true extent of the road chaos.

I saw your area on the news last night, Tru. It looked devastating. I assume the death you mentioned was the 14-year-old girl That's very sad.

I saw your area on the news last night, Tru. It looked devastating. I assume the death you mentioned was the 14-year-old girl That's very sad.

No, there was a man die, at the time the girl was/is still listed as missing, I have not seen any news yet this morning.

I think she's still listed as missing. I didn't hear the news about a man dying. Floods would be awful. They do so much damage.

One local farmer is amazed at the moment, he had a herd of cattle washed away in the flooding, his bull has been found after a 100 km swim, he just posted online looking to borrow a barge to get his bull back from Fraser Island.

The highway is open but it is currently taking 6 hours to get between Gympie and Maryborough, a trip that would normally take me 45 minutes even with the ever present road works. Local farmers are taking food out to stranded motorists stuck in the parking lot that is the Bruce Highway.

our booster shots have been postponed till next Monday, there are no doctors available to give injections on Wednesday.

That´s one strong bull! Shame your shots got postponed but if things mostly clear up in a week I´d say you´re all doing pretty well.

One local farmer is amazed at the moment, he had a herd of cattle washed away in the flooding, his bull has been found after a 100 km swim, he just posted online looking to borrow a barge to get his bull back from Fraser Island.
That's amazing. I hope that reaches the news around the world.
our booster shots have been postponed till next Monday, there are no doctors available to give injections on Wednesday.
We're getting ours on Saturday (7 months after our 2nd AZ shot) I'm so looking forward to it.

Just got home from little misses first martial arts class, she fitted in to the class beautifully, tried very hard with reciting the student creed but her push-ups were hilarious to watch, they were more like bum ups as her bottom bounced up und down but her arms and legs stayed straight in a sort of pike position. J thought it was an amazing effort for a first timer. she brought home a certificate for excellence in wrist grabs which is basically learning how to break free if grabbed by the wrist.

The class for the little kids is less about kicking and punching, more about always trying your best and learning techniques to get free from an attacker so they can run away to get help.

This was little miss riding a bull that was brought in for show and tell at childcare last year.

Guen bull riding.jpg

I only just got around to scanning the photo into the computer. The center also has koalas in their trees at times. You don't get this sort of fun in the city lol

She is clearly a delight! And I love that your friend's kiddy martial arts class keeps the priorities straight.

It has been a hot humid morning, spent the morning chasing down a stray peacock. A member of Ds fire brigade called us to come and get it from his place. while we were there they were both called in to head to Maryborough to do flood cleanup in full PPE. Dropped D at the station got home to release the peacock but had to chase a goanna out of the pen first.

I am hot, sweaty and just sitting to relax for a bit before I have to get some washing done.

Hard to tell with whites but at a guess I think the new bird is a hen, snowball was very intent on showing of his juvenile display. Bob is beginning to loose his train so breeding season is almost over. Our white hen was very vocal at the arrival of the new bird.

Flood clean-up in full PPE in hot, humid weather sounds awful. Much respect! I hope the new bird is indeed a girl and settles in well.

Back