Troubleshooting Precor 5.23

Hello. New to the forum, and hoping to find a little guidance as I try to figure out what exactly is wrong with my Precor 5.23 elliptical. My basement flooded this past winter and spring and although I thought I managed to get the machine up out of harms way, it seems to be having problems now that I've finally got the basement straightened out and the machine back in position to use.

I've been getting error codes 44 and 45 intermittently, and the lift motor doesn't really respond to the input from the control panel. It just kinda keeps oscillating back and forth. The motor seems to be capable of functioning properly from a mechanical standpoint, but it doesn't seem to know exactly what to do and when.

I've been reading around a bit....does this sound like the lower pca might be bad and need to be replaced? Is it possible that the motor needs to be replaced? are there control elements within the motor that could be bad and cause such erratic operation?

I'm pretty much gonna just try to figure out what needs to be replaced (with help from you more experienced folks) and get the part and do it. Turning the wrenches is not a problem....it's just knowing what exactly my goal here is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back