Trip around the World

Hey All,

Thought I would get some inspiration from my fellow gym junkies in regards to my upcoming trip. I have handed in my resignation at work and as of November I am off.

Currently I am going to Canada to work for a ski season as a liftie then to the USA for a month and a half before flying over to London and travelling as much of Europe as possible.

God it is so hard to finish off this last month at work with that waiting for me but I figured if anyone was keen to say hi to me on my travels or had some advise on where I should go etc then feel free to pipe up.

Look forward to hearing from you guys and gals.

What ski hill/resort are you working at in Canada?

Hey All,

Thought I would get some inspiration from my fellow gym junkies in regards to my upcoming trip. I have handed in my resignation at work and as of November I am off.

Currently I am going to Canada to work for a ski season as a liftie then to the USA for a month and a half before flying over to London and travelling as much of Europe as possible.

God it is so hard to finish off this last month at work with that waiting for me but I figured if anyone was keen to say hi to me on my travels or had some advise on where I should go etc then feel free to pipe up.

Look forward to hearing from you guys and gals.

Ayou looking for free lodgings lol:D

I am working at Silver Star resort in Canada from 10/11/08 till April 09.

Don't really need lodging in Canada as I get employee housing but always looking for a cheaper option whilst in the US ;)

Plus I thought with the wealth of experience out there that you guys might have some ideas of what i should see on my trip as I haven't really planned a lot just going by the seat of my pants.

I am working at Silver Star resort in Canada from 10/11/08 till April 09.

Don't really need lodging in Canada as I get employee housing but always looking for a cheaper option whilst in the US ;)

Plus I thought with the wealth of experience out there that you guys might have some ideas of what i should see on my trip as I haven't really planned a lot just going by the seat of my pants.

You will have a friggin blast at Silver Star!
And there's lots of stuff to do in the summer, too:

It's really beautiful around Vernon. If I make it out there this winter, I'll ask to speak to Snewsome!

No real plans for the US yet where ever I can get to in the month I have. And I really want to go to Disneyland.

I_love_muscle - just look for the blonde aussie working the ski lifts.

We sure get a lot of Aussies and Kiwis working at the ski hills!

Canadian girls are pretty hot for Aussie and Kiwi guys. It's the accent (amongst other things!). And if you wink at us and smile? OMG, we're done for -- melted like butter :D

That being said, I think you'll have a really good time here :)

Last edited:
We sure get a lot of Aussies and Kiwis working at the ski hills!

Canadian girls are pretty hot for Aussie and Kiwi guys. It's the accent (amongst other things!). And if you wink at us and smile? OMG, we're done for -- melted like butter :D

That being said, I think you'll have a really good time here :)

I have this odd feeling I may just do that ;)

God being at work these last 3 weeks is killing me with a 6 month ski trip hanging over my head.

Still haven't got many thoughts on the US or Europe, hasn't anyone here been travelling / have an opinion? Gotta pop your heads outside of the gyms every now and then hey.

Looking forward to this we may be taking a trip early next year with a 1 yr old, so Im curious to see how it goes with the baby.

Back