Training at home. help? :P

hi peepz,

I've been trying to stay fit at home since i have no time to go to the gym. i have some equipments for a long time which i barely use (dumbbells, Perfect Pushup and Thread Mill). My problem is that i never pay attention to my trainer when i was still going to the gym (all i do is jump on to whatever he throws at me), And the last time i went to the gym was way back in High School. I still remember about the rest of muscles and the diet program, but with my home equipments i don't have any idea where to start. lol

Hi Nitto,
If you're wanting to train at home, there is a lot you can do. You need to stay motivated though and be tough on yourself and ensure you stick to a routine.
For a list of exercises you can do, I would point you to
Hope it helps a bit.

Hi Nitto,
If you're wanting to train at home, there is a lot you can do. You need to stay motivated though and be tough on yourself and ensure you stick to a routine.
For a list of exercises you can do, I would point you to Resistance Exercises!
Hope it helps a bit.

Thank you for the link. I would appreciate some instructions on how to do those exercises. do you know any other site or perhaps direct me to those with images/video instruction to start with?

home workouts

Hi Nitto!
It's agree that it is really hard to stay focused at the gym because there are so many people doing so many things. You can get a good workout in at home with a stability ball, a rope, a mat, and some dumbells. I would suggest doing your exercises on a stability ball first with no weights and make sure your posture is correct. Then gradually add weight. I would suggest doing 3 sets of 12-20 repetitions with each exercise. Use lighter weight to start out with and then do fewer reps using heavier weights. This will help you gain muscle and lose body fat. I have a fitness blog that focuses on exercises you can do at home with limited time and money.
Here are some suggestions;
Chest-pushups, dumbell press
triceps-dips, kickbacks, pushups
shoulders-overhead press, side raises
back-core exercises, rows
biceps-curl (also can use a rope or step band)
legs-squats, lunges, dead lifts, side kicks
abs-crunches, leg lifts

All of these exercises can be done without weight.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful day!
Brianna
witnessforfitness

Hi Nitto!
Here are some suggestions;
Chest-pushups, dumbell press
triceps-dips, kickbacks, pushups
shoulders-overhead press, side raises
back-core exercises, rows
biceps-curl (also can use a rope or step band)
legs-squats, lunges, dead lifts, side kicks
abs-crunches, leg lifts

All of these exercises can be done without weight.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful day!
Brianna
witnessforfitness

Yikes.

Squat, deadlift, bench, Row. Lather rinse repeat. Drop the curls and do chinups, Do pull ups. One legged squats, pistols. single leg RDL's. King dead lifts.....There is a ton you can do with little wieght without having to resort to trainer mirror muscle routines.

Google "Death by Bodyweight".

Google "Death by Bodyweight".

See, that is something I need. A LISt of exactly what to do. How/where do I find something that can tell me what to do to achieve what I want?

I have to do whatever routine at home. I use 5lb weights, resistance bands.

I can't find any exercise videos that give me what I want.

I tried yoga and nearly threw my back out because of the pretzels they put you in

Billy Blanks is slightly dangerous in some of his moves. Twisting your hands behind your back with resistance bands attached to your feet and kicking? Heck NO!

I used to do Karate when I was younger so I'm not totally dumb in terms of exercise, and Billy Blanks is honestly borderline injury in some stuff.

And all of the rest of the videos are super super cardio so we can all lose weight.... Thanks, but that's not my goal..

How do I redistribute my fat, because anything I eat goes to my stomach, which despite not working it out has very strong muscles.

I don't even think this is the right section for that question :argh:
Back to search

But in the meantime where can I find a routine that I can do at home with what I have?

Lady S

with resistance bands:

without equipment:

You can create a routine from all the exercises that are listed on these sites.

just thought id say the bodyweight exercise post that "nolove lost" posted in my opinion was really helpful! thank you good work

Reststance Bands Exercise Instructional DVDs

Thank you for the link. I would appreciate some instructions on how to do those exercises. do you know any other site or perhaps direct me to those with images/video instruction to start with?

I have 3 great Resistance Band Exercise Instructional DVDs I no longer use:

1. Resistance Bands Unleashed- 2 DVD set
DVD 1: Band Set-up & Beginner Training
DVD 2: Functional Metabolic & Power Training

2. Total Flexibility with Resistance Bands
-A step by step proven dynamic flexibility program
-Why bands stretching is the fastest way to get faster
-How to create resistance free locomation
-Who to stretch -Why to move & when to do it

3. Accelerating to the Ball
-First step explosiveness drills
-Multi directional explosive drills for any athlete

I really believe the above mentioned DVDs are an excellent instructional tool for novices to pros on exercises that can be done anywhere with resistance bands. If you are interested please shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to respond.

-Mike

Last edited:
Here's a little something that I do and Im sure that it would help improve your health and fitness tone and body.
Here it is: little(dot)im/FitnessXpert

Dont slow down, just set your mind to it, move forward and in time you'll see yourself in a better shape. Personally, from my own experience, seeing myself toner only gives me more encouragement to keep moving forward.

With Best of Hope,
Rusty

Hello Nitto, I can understand your problem, the first thing you need to do is keep yourself motivated to workout at least 5 days a week. You don't have to particularly use the weights, you can do the free weight exercises. I read a blog on a website featskills.com about starting a home gym with no money. I liked a few points, so I am listing here -
1.) Make a separate room for your workout, you will be less distracted and you can focus more on your workout.
2.) Place a mirror, images, poster on the wall, speaker to harmonize with your workout room or area.
3. Follow an instructor, you can follow any trainer on youtube or use a mobile app. Make sure to follow only one so it doesn't get confusing.
I think it will be enough to get you started for your workout.

Back