Total beginner

Hey all, happy new year.

Basically I'm 35-40lbs over weight and I have done Hiit before but that was a while ago and my question is if I do my 5 mins warm up 20 mins exercise and 5 mins cool down, as a novice do I need to do more that day? I only plan on doing it 3 times a week but I would feel guilty if I went home after 30 mins in the gym. Any advice? Also any tips for what I should be doing for the other 4 days?

Thanks

HI Cheekychopa
Welcome!! Happy New Year! So glad that you are being pro active to a healthier lifestyle.

HIIT is great!! If you feel like you can do more than 20minutes go for it! however do not feel like you NEED to do more than you do not have to. You must be giving 100% on your high intervals. HIIT does not work if you are only going through the motions. Do not feel guilty leaving the gym after 30 minutes IF you feel like those 30 minutes were well used.

Advice for the other 4 days... I would suggest 2 of those days for rest days (non consecutive), steady cardio (30-40 minutes of steady running, cycle etc) or weight training.

Also be sure your diet is on point. You cannot out train a bad diet. and drink lots of water, I drink at least a gallon a day.

I hope this helps, please keep us posted, I'm totally rooting for you!

Hey Fat Loss Boss, thanks for getting back to me.
Thanks for the advice I will attack this full on and let you know.

Take care.

you can have the greatest training program in the world, if your diet sucks you get nothing for your effort. What do you have planned in regards to diet?

you can have the greatest training program in the world, if your diet sucks you get nothing for your effort. What do you have planned in regards to diet?

Just to cut down on high sugar foods, eat more fruit and vegetables and drink more water. Nothing drastic like fad diets.

Well so far so good. I have kept my promise to my self and I am going to the gym. I am doing my intervals on a elliptical trainer as i can really get the speed up quickly but I am putting on the resistance. Weights tomorrow and I'm a little intimidated by that as I know more about HIIT than I do free weights. No rest for the wicked.

keep us updated

Back