Team sport query...I WANT CONSISTENT BODY PERFORMANCE RESULTS!

Dear all,

I am looking for advice from people that may have been in the same situation. This is a strange finding but I was just wondering if it may have occurred to anyone else?

I'm 31 years old and play a decent level of soccer/football in the UK and a couple of weeks ago we had our first match for a while as matches have been pretty rained off lately, anyway I play centre mid so my fitness and preparation is pretty key to my performance, stamina, explosiveness, speed and sharpness. The night before this match I got dragged out by an attractive female...and we were out until late and we drank a couple of bottles of white wine between us and obviously I got little sleep :)...around 4-5 hours.....so I woke up the next morning pretty annoyed at myself, not looking forward to the match ahead.....I drank 2 litres of water, ate some pasta and went through my usual routine of stretching etc and still felt a little jaded from the night before.......and the strangest thing was I felt pretty awesome on the pitch, sharp, quick, and second half I was still going until the very end when others had tired. I was very surprised

my point is that yesterday I prepared well, 8 hours sleep, relaxed the night before with other footy mates, no alcohol and went through the same preparation and it turned out yesterday I actually didn't feel as fit and explosive as the week before , I wasn't bad as I do have good energy levels, my game is based on that like a Gattuso/Parker/Fernandinho type player, but I felt more lethargic than the previous week?!

so my question is: does anyone have any idea why this would happen?
how do I get the best preparation? as no matter how I prepare my physical state is always random??I want consistent results!
could it be something to do with over sleeping??

any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks
Joey Delucchi

The app quietly launched on the App Store a couple of days ago without much fan fare.

Back