Supplement Regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished reading a great article by Eric Trexler on some of the history as well as the current state of regulation in the supplement industry. I would highly suggest reading through it and looking at the third party sites listed to do some research on any supplements that you take or are thinking of taking.

Keep in mind that this information applies to the US - you may have to do some digging to find information pertaining to your country.

Supplement Regulation: Are Dietary Supplements Unregulated?

If anyone has anything to add, or if you find quality information relating to supplement regulation in another country. Please feel free to post below.

That's a good read! There really is a lot of grayness out there.

Few months back I had one of our registered dieticians at Top10Supps research and write up a piece about the FDA's new efforts to strengthen regulation of the industry. Currently having her write another similar piece on FDA's take on the new CBD craze that's going on, following the recent passing of the Farm Bill.

Don't want to link spam but it's in our FDA updates section.

Yes, I think it's an important topic as it's a huge industry and people are duped all the time. There could be valuable supplements out there to help people, but until the industry is "fixed," the general public could be harmed which is really not OK.

If you send me your link, I can review it.

Agreed, and all the forecasts are showing exponential growth for it in the coming years. If it's this saturated now, I can't imagine the next 5 years.

I'll send the mentioned post over to you for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back