Stress Management

Hi everyone,
This week on A Better Day I will be talking about different techniques to help you manage stress in your life. I also have some great new music by Amy Fox and Adama to work-out to or just relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
What helps me

"I can only do what I can only do". Just repeating the mantra I can feel my shoulders/neck relax:)

Stress management

I have learned to manage my stress by doing yoga and establishing a deep relaxastion response with the Heart Tracker called a respiratory sinus arrthymia pattern. It is easy to learn and works all the time. This reduces my cortisol and stress levels to help me lose weight.

Good read. Personally I like to smoke hookah and close my eyes and relax, it relieves a lot of stress. Smoking is bad though. Yoga is a better alternative.

Hi everyone,
This week on I will be talking about different techniques to help you manage stress in your life. I also have some great new music by Amy Fox and Adama to work-out to or just relax.

Check it out at:

The link you have shared with us doest not found.

plan your day properly. make a priority list of all the tasks and depending upon the most important ones start doing them. Early to bed early to rise should be followed and a proper balanced diet. Walking or strolling out early morning will be beneficial. And take some time off for the things you love doing the most. Follow this and you will feel on the top of the world

This helped me. I have had some really bad problems with stress, lately... School, work, the usual things. However, I am now looking for a new job which just added to my load. I don't feel like I have time to go to yoga classes in between my homework sessions (these go on for hours). Any suggestions for at-home yoga?

Go to your "happy place".

:)

The happiest place I know is always in my head. If you can create a happy atmosphere wherever you are, even for just some periods during working hours or when you feel not that well - you can get relieved.

"My home is in my head" Bob Marley

There is a lot of great advice here for stress management.

I would add a simple one: don't create expectations for the day's productivity that are unattainable. Often if you schedule your day and allot specific times to accomplish specific tasks, you can see exactly how much you are physically able to get done. Our to-do lists will never end, so don't let yours rule you!

Also, making time for YOU is important, whether that's exercise, time alone, time to decompress with a friend. Whatever usually relaxes you and helps you get your mind off the things that can hog your attention, do that! Work it into your day at all costs!

I know many find yoga etc. great for relaxation, personally I find it infuriatingly slow so it stresses me out more. Liked ballet, contemporary dance and pilates but not yoga.
My stress management is iron suppliments, as many as I can put on the end of a bar and lift. Every shred of stress, aggression etc. is used to fuel the workout until in the end it's all gone.

Pace of activity is personal and something being too slow is as infuriating as too fast. However I expect that yoga being too slow for me shows a lack of mental balance in me that is present in others.
There is some scientific background to this as well. There have been a number of studies watching peoples reaction to metronomes at different speeds. Too fast made people simply lose focus and it became a background annoyance, a little slower and it was exciting, moderate produced calm, slower boredom and too slow meant people were impatiently waiting for each tick of the device. Most people were clustered together regarding ideal speed ranges, there were outlyers but not many. So if you are like me and use high intensity to calm and calming intensity winds you up, you're weird. Nothing wrong with that, though I may be biased.

Managing stress is all about taking charge: of your thoughts, emotions, schedule, and the way you deal with problems.:action4:

Back