Skinny 14-Year Old Looking for Guidance on Gaining Muscle

Hello, I am a 14-year old male, and I am in the process of puberty. I am 5 feet 5 inches tall but only 95 pounds. Obviously, I am very skinny and I am often made fun of for it. I would like some guidance on how to gain muscle. I have tried working out before, but I realize the mistake I made was that I did not have a plan in mind and I did not eat the right foods, meaning that the workouts had no effect.

I obviously need to gain weight, and I would like that weight to be mostly muscle mass. I have access to a gym and my only dietary restriction is that I cannot eat beef. I want to build muscle mostly in the forearms, biceps, and abdominals.

What exercises should I be doing, how many reps of each exercise, should I be doing free weight exercises, and in which order and which days should I do each exercise? Additionally, how can I eat a better diet to help my muscles grow? Thank you so much!

If you are looking to gain mass and are already working out, you need to make sure you are consuming more calories than you burn when you work out. When I was 12 I was 90 pounds, when I was 14 I got to 140 pounds. My diet was mainly what made me gain so much mass. My diet consisted of 3 peanut butter sandwiches a day (high in proteins and fats) and to make sure I was eating 3 square meals a day that filled me up so I wouldn't feel the need to snack. You need to make sure you keep working out with this diet because if you are consuming WAY more calories than you burn, you will get fat. For exercises, to get larger, you need to do lifting with heavy weights and less reps instead of lighter weights with more reps. DON'T EVER UNDERESTIMATE LEG DAY. To gain more mass, your legs have the most muscle potential because they are the biggest muscles in your body, therefore will weigh more if you work them out. Hope this helps! keep training.

Back