Shoes for training

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place! I currently do 3 weights sessions a week, and run and/or cardio on 3 other days. I've got problems with underpronation/supination so I get sore feet but have found a pair of good shoes for running BUT what I want to know is, are there any particularly good neutral, cushioning shoes that are a bit better suited to weights/plyometrics/etc? I'd really appreciate any advice/tips anyone has :)

Depends what you want out of them. There are lifting shoes that have a heel-lift to assist in stability while doing barbell training. Otherwise, a neutral shoe is good because they require your stabilizers to fire more. With that being said, the less support the better. I sometimes wear a pair of toe-shoes to the gym, but a lot of the time I'll just do exercises in socks or actual bare feet.

And no, brands do not matter.

Hello :smile: ! I think Nike Pegasus is a very good choice suitable for all surfaces plus they are water repellent so they re perfect for outdoors running. They are on discount at Nike currently check them out: Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Shield Water-Repellent Men's Running Shoe.

Another pair I recommend is Asics Gel Exalt 4. Very good support and extremely comfortable sole. Plus their price is amazing, I would definitely recommend: Asics Gel Exalt 4

A friend of mine who also runs a lot has recently bought Adidas Swift Run and she is very pleased. She says they are very light and comfy, I am a little bit in doubt about the heel though it seems too flat to me, they are beautiful though

Hope this helped a little bit let me know if you made any purchases
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back