Boymom’s diary

Boymom

I gave birth 8 months ago and I am constantly losing and gaining back same 2 kilos (4.5 lbs).
After giving birth I am heavier 5 kilos (11 lbs) than I was prepregnancy. I am not overweight but I cannot wear my old clothes anymore. I am small framed and I feel best when I am between 135 and 140 lbs ( 62-64 kilos)
Currently I have 69 kilos (152 lbs). I am 5'11 tall
My goal is to go back to prepregnancy weight and wear my old clothes. I am not overweight but I struggle right now with losing. I want another baby and I know if I don't lose weight now, I will add even more to this weight
I am starting with Martin Katahn Rotation diet.
3 days- 600 kcal
4 days -900 kcal
7 days - 1200 kcal
3 days- 600 kcal
4 days - 900 kcal

Today is my first day.

Starting with day 3 of 21. I lost 1.5 kilos, I know it is mostly water but it is nice to see scale goes under 68 kg.
I am planning to eat some sushi today. So far it is not hard as I thought it would be

End of day 4. It is getting easier since I am on 900 kcals now. So far I didn't even grab "safe" fruits or vegetables. Today I fast until afternoon, than I ate sushi again. In book it is not allowed to have only one meal but I find easier to eat one big meal than few smaller ones. I tried in past but I am miserable eating that way.
Only 17 days more to go until maintenance.
I will be happy if I go down to 65 kilos, but I am hoping to go to 64 kg. I am not sure is it possible to lose that much since I don't have much to lose. It is so hard to lose last few kg, for me it is even harder since I have pcos and thyroid issues.
In last 8 months I was more days on diet than I was not. I tried every possible diet except meat/keto ones, and I beat myself to lost 2 kilos and when I see scale won't go under I start eating and gain back.

End of day 5.
Today was hardest day so far. I was hungry since I woke up. I ate 450 kcal breakfast and I was ok, even thought I will end day under 900 kcal. Well, hunger sneak up on me, I ate two 200 kcal meals. I am in bed now ravenousy hungry again. I am afraid I never lost baby weight and add more to it. It is so hard being on diet but I must do it. 16 more days to go. It is hard but since it is short diet, I think I can stick to it.

Day- 6
I woke up feeling slightly hungry but I had cravings. It was more mental. So I ate all my calories around noon and now I don't think about food anymore. I am currently drinking cofee. I step on scale this morning- and scale show 66.8 kg ( 147.2 lbs). I lost 2.2 kg (5 lbs) so far.
Tomorrow is last day on 900 kcal before I do full week on 1200 kcal.
It is not going to be easy since it is Valentines day and day after is our marriage anniversary. I am gonna probably "save calories" for early dinner. We will see.

On day 7 I again ate all my calories by noon, I was slightly hungry at evening. Not too bad but I remember thinking how can I keep up with this since it is hard. Then something weird happened.

On day 8 I wasn't hungry at all until late afternoon. I ate something light, and for dinner for our anniversary I ate chicken burger cca 1000 kcal. We are not usually eating burgers but since it is Covid lockdown we didn't find anything fancy. Lol..
After that I was feeling sick like I ate too much.

Today is Day 9. I ate 200 kcal breakfast, drink coffee. And I am not hungry. But since my mother i law made us cake, I tried some.
I easily can survive now with eating less and I am sorry book says I should eat 1200 kcal for a week but I will do as it says I should do.

I could not do it. I gain back 0.7 kg.
And now I am on intermittent fasting. I started with 67.5 kg. After 2 weeks I have 65.5
I am so happy. Haven't see this weight for ages

congrats on your plan. over the years i have also discovered that it's more important when you eat than what you eat through IF .... although it helps if the "what" part is also reasonable and mostly sugarless. in a less extreme version of your challenge, i'll admit to screwing up once in a while. i like to be in the mid 160's, but i've managed to creep up to seeing 170 too often. two weeks of getting serious again is usually all it takes to start seeing an adjustment.

Well done on switching things around when it wasn't working. IF seems to work well for many people & I'm glad it's working for you :)

Thank you. I will keep writing diary although it is not rotation diet anymore.
It seems to me also it made difference "when" I ate something or maybe it is simple because I usually ate majority of my kcals at evening.
Now I am fasting for 16 to 18 hours a day. I eat everything. Even mayo and I lost weight.
I try to workout on home recumbent bike 30 minutes a day. Some days I do it, some days do not.
I am feeling good again. Weight really affects my self confidence

Check your inbox, Boymom :)
I'm glad you are feeling good again. I think that's the main thing.

Well, I never hit my goal weight and got pregnant 9/21 with starting weight of 68 kilos. Lose 2 kg first trimester but when I was full term I weighted 83 kg. Lost only 5 kg during childbirth. Then I was 45 days on LCHF and I got my pre pregnancy weight (68 kg) but 2 months of binge eating and I am 72.5 kg again. I will try Rotation diet again cuz I cannot stand LCHF all veggies and meat

Today is my second day. Not hard at all.
I started with 72.5 kg and today I am 70.8 kg so I lost 1.7 kg in day and half. Good start with flushing extra water from my body

Great start :)

Back