post knee surgery fitness

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to excercise at home post knee surgery? (kneecap moved, bones scraped, tissue removed) I need to majorly build up the muscle mass that I have lost since my surgery 4 months ago, and wanted to try to avoid a gym membership.:(
I basically just want to know the best way not to kill my knee. I also got a knee job which I basically sit at a desk all day, therefore my knee ends up hurting by the night. Any advice on that?:confused:

--Have done physical therapy, wondering if anything has worked for other people

Last edited:
Has your doctor given you any advice? If the pain is really bothering you, your doctor could sign you up for some physical therapy. I had something similar and It only took 2 appointments for the therapists to teach me all the excercises I needed to do to relieve my pain (and build up strength in the slightly hurt muscles.)

Ice and elevation as much as possible. I found that sitting on the exercise ball and scooting around to exercise the knee at work helped. Also working with elastic bands to keep the muscles from locking down on the sciatic nerve was essential.

Back