Sport Please Read - Posting Diet Questions

Sport Fitness
PLEASE READ - Posting Diet Questions

This question has become all to familiar here on this site:

"Hi, I weigh xxx lbs and im looking to lose 30 lbs. Can anyone help me out?"

I would like to take some time out to help all the new members out on what to include when posting diet questions. This will help insure that you get a detailed response instead of 5 posts of questions from people trying to get what I have included below, out of you.

When posting diet questions, please try to include the following:

1. Goals: Eveyone should have a fitness goal when starting to workout. If you don't, I suggest you make a long term one and a few short term ones to help keep you motivated. Be sure to include both in your post.

2. Make sure you include the time of day you eat your meals, what they consist of, and the macro breakdown of the foods.

3. Your current level of fitness, experiance, etc....

4. Your current stats. Age, sex, height, weight, bodyfat, etc...

Here is an example of a detailed post that will get great detailed answers on:

"Hello,

I have been training for about 5 years now with not much progress. Here are my stats:

27 years old
male
5'10
205 lbs
Bodyfat - unknown

I am looking to loose 25 lbs while keeping the lean muscle that I have. Here is my current diet. Please critique it and let me know if I should make any changes.

Meal 1 - 8:00 AM
10 egg whites
1.5 oz real cheese

Meal 2 - 10:30 AM
2 scoops whey/ 1 tbsp flax oil

Meal 3 - 12:30 PM
6oz chicken breast
1 cup broccoli
2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal 4 - 3:00 PM
2 scoops whey/ 1 tbsp flax oil

Meal 5 - 5:00 PM - Pre-workout Meal
6oz chicken breast
1 cup oats

Meal 6 - 7:30 PM - Post-Workout meal
2 scoops whey
1/2 cup dextrose

Meal 7 - 8:30 PM - Post-Post-Workout meal
6oz chicken breast
1 cup broccoli
1 cup brown rice

You can also include the macro breakdown of each meal which will give you an even faster response time.

I hope this helps everyone out.

Last edited:
And also take a few minutes to search the boards. Many people ask the same exact question, and all the kind people on the boards always provide the same exact reply :)

You can probably find your answers within a few minutes of searching. If not, then certainly post your questions, comments or concerns. Just use some of the above post so we can help you on your way :)

Good luck with it all!!

Stuck....

I hope this continues to help all of the members get the detailed answers they are looking for on their diet approach.

:)

Good advice, any question you need to know has already been answered on these forums, and also reading through some of the problems and questions other people have will help your overall knowledge about fitness. I recommend just reading through any thread that is interesting to you, there are also a lot of great links in these forums that should be utilized. A good reference I found quickly is thefitips.com

carbs before and after workouts and eat alot more in the morning oatmeal only before exercises. cut out the peanut butter and do almond butter or raw nuts during breakfast and after workouts with juice during wokrouts and lots of veggies afterwards so you get ina an alkaline state trust me.

Great tips and tricks where I found good information about health.

Back