Physical benefits of yoga..

Pain Reduction
Yoga can provide therapeutic relief from many ailments, such as back pain, arthritis, migraine headaches and menstrual cramps. Many yoga poses can also release tension and soreness in your muscles. Practicing yoga can even help you prevent illness and injury by improving your immune system and teaching you to treat your body well. As a result,yoga can serve as preventative therapy to help you not only improve, but also maintain your health.

Improved Breathing
The practice of yoga improves your breathing by heightening your awareness of your breath and increasing your lung capacity. By focusing on deep breathing in your yoga practice, you can help to release tension from your body and make your body more alkaline and less acidic. Too much acidity in your body can be harmful for your bones and tissues,and can also cause arthritis, fatigue, headaches and depression.

Improved Circulation
Many yoga poses help to improve the circulation of blood throughout your body. Improved blood circulation helps flush out toxins and impurities from your body. Regular practice of yoga can also help lower your blood pressure and pulse rate.

Improved Strength and Flexibility
One of the most noticeable effects of yoga is that it can make your body strong and flexible, while improving the range of motion in your joints. The practice of yoga can also improve your balance, tone your muscles and increase your stamina. Some yoga poses can also help you build strong bones, which helps to prevent osteoporosis.

...just to name a few :)

Peace

You're so right about those benefits!:)

you can really be benifitted from yoga if you do it properly on a regular basis. And it is equally important to learn the correct form of exercises before starting yourselves.

I have been practicing yoga and it has helped me in keeping myself fit, peaceful mind, lesser ailments.

Both are transformational, focused methods of movement that facilitate positive change in the body, mind and spirit. According to Jennifer Kries' blog, their differences complement one another in the best of ways. Pilates is known as a "workout," and yoga as a "practice"; however, the irony here is that, in order to improve at anything, we have to practice, and when we practice well both Pilates and yoga are can be exceptional workouts. And as you will see, both are worthy of your time and attention for innumerable reasons.

Yoga is an excellent weight-bearing exercise that can improve your bone density. This is particularly beneficial for women approaching menopause, since yoga can help ward off osteoporosis, or thinning of the bone.

Yoga is good for physical health but only the time when you do, if we left for sometimes become useless and we have to start it again. Am I right????

That's the same with virtually every type of training. It's only really effective while you keep doing it regularly. If you take a long while out you are bascially a beginner with knowledge, but you do get the ability back quicker.

Yoga makes a beautifully shaped, versatile, and strong body. Improves breathing, energy, and energy. Helps to maintain a balanced metabolic rate. Encourages cardio and blood circulation health. Reduces pain.

Yoga provides lots of benefits stress relief, weight loss, increased energy, better flexibility and posture, improved immunity, better intuition, inner peace and all around body fitness.

I have done yoga and find it to be rather relaxing. I know that it is not for everyone but everyone should try it at least once.

Thanks for sharing this article yogarelaxation! I'm doing yoga at home in the morning. I'm planning to attend yoga class this coming month because I only watch youtube videos while doing yoga. Yoga is a good exercise because it improves my flexibiltiy and help to have tone muscles. Yoga is part of my relaxation; it relaxes my mind and body. I love treating myself too by doing some shopping and pampering myself at home. Putting a facial mask every weekend is a must for me because it helps my skin to become smoother and brighter. I am using a natural facial mask by Essenzza. It is the Essenzza natural japanese silk facial treatment mask.

With all due respect, I would just like to remind those new to the system of Yoga that by no means is it simply an exercise modality. While the "western" world has developed an abhorrently incorrect understanding of Yoga, the physical practice of asana only comprises a small element of the entire system. When true Yoga is practiced, alchemical transmutation of the lower Self is the intention, from which a holistic state of well-being for the physical body (as well as the mind and spirit) can be obtained. Therefore, the system of Yoga (along with many other systems) allows for a transcension of the physical body in which blood circulation, tissue remodeling, myofascial flexibility, etc. become irrelevant. Thank you for composing this beneficial thread :)

Back