My leg bones hurt after 3 months of exercising!

MaritaPM

So here's my story..

I'm 1.61 meters tall and 81kg. I'm pretty fat, but I gain weight proportionally. Only portion of my body that accumulates fat more easily are my thighs and butt. My legs on the other hand have always been thin and fit.

I started working out 3 months ago (I've been working out my whole life, on and off to be honest). I want to lose weight, so I exercise 3 times a week with a trainer, and we do aerobic training with small weights, lots of jumping, jogging and cardio.

I noticed that after two months my legs started to hurt. My bones, in particular the bone Tibia hurts like hell when I'm trying to jump, jog, or pressure my legs in any way. I started being careful with working out on steps and doing jumping jacks, or other exercises that push my weight on legs. And when I'm sitting at home, if I put my hand on my legs, they hurt as if they are bruised, but I can't see any blue skin on my legs.

And this only happens on my legs, particularly on this bone called "Tibia" (picture below)

Tibia-fracture-diagram.jpg

I'm afraid I'm gonna cause some trouble for myself.

Doctors in my country are no use, they are not familiar with fitness injuries, and give out medication that doesn't work.

So can anyone from fitness industry help me get an idea about what this could be?

I want to lose weight, but how can I do it if I don't exercise?

Thank you in advance

Do you have physiotherapists in your area? They would be knowledgeable for these types of injuries.

Did you have this pain when you first started your exercise program? Or did the pain start after a while? Maybe it was too much impact, too soon (jumping, running, etc.). Are there other types of exercise that you could do that are lower impact? Like using a spin bike, stationary bike, elliptical, or maybe even pool exercise? There should be ways you can exercise while putting less strain on your lower legs, but since the pain is there, it may be that you need some recovery time.

Have you talked with your fitness trainer about switching up your routine to do some lower impact exercise? Then reintroducing things like running and jumping gradually? There is also a lot of benefit of resistance/weight training on body composition. So if weight loss and losing fat are your goals, then I would suggest talking to your fitness trainer about using heavier weights but with lower repetitions (based on what it sounds like you're doing).

Can you give an example of a typical workout?

Back