Meals to Build Muscle

Thort I'd start a topic designed for gaining mass as many of the recipies here are designed for loosing fat.

The other day I raided the cupboards and invented this great dish.

what you need for 3-6 servings (depending on how hungry you are)

2 chicken breasts - cooked on the Gorge Foreman Grill
1 large lettice
2 tins of tuna in sunflower oil
fist full of cheese, your choice, cut in to cubes
2 red peppers
1chilli pepper (leave to seeds in unless your a girl)
1 cucumber
2 fists of young leaf spinach
pack of cooked Cous Cous (short grain rice if you prefer)

How to prepare...

Put it in a bowl. Mix it up

the whole thing makes a great snack, instead of a dressing I used to oil from the tuna. with a jacket potato or some bread its the perfect dinner.

Homemade Bars

I didnt originally post this, but I felt that this was appropriate here. Credit is given to phaledex.

meal bars
1.5 cups milk (usually 2% or 1%, but whatever works for you)
1 cup raw rolled oats
3 tablespoons or so of peanut butter
1.5 scoops whey
honey to taste (or splenda w0uld work)
1 tablespoon or so of flax oil
---------
For Bulking: MRBs (Meal Replacement Bars):

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Natural Peanut butter
1 cup Skim Milk
4 Scoops Protein Powder
dash of cinnamon

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)

top with 4-8 packets splenda

put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:

11g fat (good monounsaturated fats)
26g carbs
21g protein

285 calories
-----------
For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
3 Cups Oats
1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
2 Cups Skim Milk

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)
3g fat
28g carbs
29g protein
257 calories
These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR postworkout.

1cup milk
2cups protein powder
package of fat free pudding
3cups of oats

mix powders and milk, stir in oats, pam muffin tin and put in fridge to set.

------------------
1cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup ff yogurt
4 scoops whey (I used ON's vanilla)
put these in the blender

stir in 3cups oats,
form
cut
FREEZE

Then ziplock and keep them in the freezer, add a pinch of oats to the bags, and when 2-4 hours later they are moist and great,

200cal
3g fat
23.75 c
20.75 protein

might wanna add some sweeter if you use plain yogurt, cause you can sure taste it, and it adds a sour tang to them, but i do like them alot

-------------------
STRAWBERRY & BANANA MEAL REPLACEMENT BARS
Makes 6 bars
1 cup raw oatmeal
5 scoops of strawberry protein powder ( 90g of protein)
1/4 cup fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup non fat dry milk powder
2 egg whites
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 bananas, mashed
2 tsp. canola oil (this is the secret to moist bars instead of the traditional dry bar)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x9 square pan with cooking spray & set aside. In a med.ium bowl combine oatmeal, Protein powder & dry milk. Set aside. In another bowl beat together with an electric hand mixer, cream cheese, egg whites, bananas, water & oil. Add the oat mixture & continue to beat until the two are combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan & bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Calories-203, Protein 22g, Carbs 22g, Fats 3g

-------------------------
Protein Bar Recipe

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups dry milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup lite syrup
2 scoops protein powder
2 egg whites
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup craisins (cranberry/raisins, or cranberries or raisins) or chopped apple and chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients as you add them to each other and then in a waxpaper lined cookie sheet spread the mixture out. After you do this and before you bake them, take a butter knife and cut them into 10 squares. Put them in a 325' oven until lightly browned (about 15 minutes) and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks without refrigeration.

Makes 10 Bars 1Bar = 200 calories 12.2 g protein 25 g carbs.

-------------------

Ingredients:
* 6 Egg Whites
* 1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)
* 200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)
* 3 servings of casein protein chocolate Powder (Any other flavour could be used.)
* 150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)
* 2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)
* 2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)
Preparation:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)
3. Find a baking tray approx. 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.
4. Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent to mixture sticking.
5. Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.
6. Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.
7. Leave to cool and then cut into 3 pieces with a sharp knife

These bars are supposed to be great:

calories:336
Proteins:37.6
Carbs:42g
Fat:4.6!!!!!

----------------------
3 cups oats
8 protein servings
12 tbsp of PB(I can only use commerical that means no natty PB sadly...)
1.5 cup of milk non fat
2 egg whites
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt

Preparation:
Combine the above ingredients and put in a oiled (use pam) 9x9 pan.
Bake @ 350 for 35 min.
Makes 11 bars. When they are cool, put them in the fridge or they will go mouldy in a few days.

Per bar:

Calories:275
Protein:27g
Carbs:21g
Fat:11g
-----------------------
INGREDIENTS

10 tbsp. natural peanut butter
5 egg whites
5 scoops whey protein (I find that chocolate mint tastes the best in this recipe, however chocolate tastes good as well)
2 cups oats (OPTIONAL: For flavor, I dry cook these on a frying pan until they are toasted)
1/2 cup soy milk

DIRECTIONS

Mix the peanut butter and egg whites in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and mix well (so that the mixture appears smooth). Repeat 4-5 times until all traces of egg whites have dissolved into the peanut butter, and your mixture is a smooth consistent one.

Gradually add the protein (one scoop at a time) and stir into the mixture. Next, add the soy milk and follow with the oats. Continue mixing until a thick 'sticky' mixture is present.

Smooth the thick mixture into a 13x9 tray and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 10 equal size bars. Individually wrap each bar (I use aluminum foil) and store in the fridge.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Bar

Calories: 220
Protein: 20.1g
Fat: 10.1g
Carbohydrates: 15.1g

--------------------------

low fat protein bar recipe ( The Majmun Bar)

ingredients:

8 oz fat free cream cheese
4 scoops protein powder ( i use chocolate)
3 cups whole oats
1/2 cup splenda
Dash of cinnamon ( to taste)

Combine splenda, cream cheese, protein, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high til its smooth.

add the oats and mix with the mixer until you have a fairly homogeneous mixture.

note if it is too thick add a 1/4 cup of milk or water

spray an 8x8 pan with PAM. spread the mixture in the pan. sprinkle some additional splenda on top and place in the fridge for an hour.

I cut mine into ten bars for a breakdown of

154 cals, 17.8g carb, 15g protein, 1.8 g fat

--------------------

Protein Bars:
In a mixing bowl combine...

1 cup blended oats (blend rolled oats until you have a powder)
1 cup rolled oats
2 tbl spoons flaxseed meal
3-4 tbl spoons of natty crunchy peanut butter
3 eggwhites and 1 whole egg
1 banana
4-5 scoops of (vanilla) whey protein powder
handful of almonds

Preheat the oven to 350, pour/scoop/push the mush into a glass pan (spray some no-stick spray first) and i like to sprinkle some steel cut oats on top just for aesthetics. Cook for 15-18 minutes....

Enjoy...

----------------------

Amazing 55 Cent Nutrition Bar

I kitchen tested this one a few different times and I think I got it right. Increasing the protein did not work well for me and I slightly increased the carb count with a bit of natural applesauce but it's softer now. It tastes fine without it too if you don't have applesauce around the house.
I thought this would be a good snack/post workout choice with a little natural peanut butter for some fat and supplement it with a protein drink or eat it with breakfast with some eggwhites. I just had one warm (hey, I know it's late for carbs but I had to taste test) and thought it would be good with reduced/non-fat butter too. In any case, it's 55 cents and less than 5 mins to prepare, and a pretty big size bar.
Recipe Yields 10
Per serving: Calories- 140 Carbs- 23g Protein- 15g Fat- .5 g
Cost Per Serving- $0.55 ( oatmeal and eggs were on sale, reduced calorie syrup is most costly component)
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
1 1/2 cups powdered non fat milk
1 cup sugar free or reduced calorie fructose sweetened pancake syrup
(nutrition stats based on reduced calorie..s/f syrup may reduce carbs a little more)
2 egg whites
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 c. natural applesauce
4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder (I used Max Whey for this)
Directions:
-Preheat overn to 325
-Mix all the dry stuff in bowl to blend it
-Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Consistency is sort of like cookie dough
-Spread on cooking sheet coated with non-stick spray. You can use a 9X12 baking dish if you want it thicker.
-Bake until edges are crisp and browned. Since the protein is choc. flavored you might not noticed the top brown that much.
-Cut into 10
--------------------------
PART 1

These recipies are for the money challenged teen. We all see the mrps and protien bars in the stores and (at least i do) wish we could afford them. but, usually, we dont have the cash flow for 2.50 a bar. lol anyway. point is these are fast and easy(most of them any away) recepies for all sorts of crap. they are also great to make if your mom is like mine and has something against either spending money or protien. mine is always complaining that im gonna kill myself with it. soi this way its hidden, and you are saving a whole assload of money by not buying them from GNC. in regards to protien, feel free to use generic 5 lb tub of it. it works just as well and is cheap so you dont have to use your more expensive ****!! Also, i did not get these recepies from bb.com or any of the forums so dont whine that you "just posted them" cuz i dont care. also, most are not my origional creations, just variations on stff, so props to those who made them!!! good luck, i hope these help(i know they helped me) and good eating!!!!

Fast, Cheap and Simple

1 cup Natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
1&1/4 cups whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together (get your hands in man!!) can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge!!

protein 20g, carbs 30g and fat 20g of which only 3g are saturated. Those figures are per bar, don't forget your 128g fat divides into 10 to 12 bars and most of the fat in pb is healthy fat which the body uses similar to carbs. The ammounts may vary slightly depending on recipe adjustments, they are well worth the 10 to 15 mins to make.

Link to Original Post

Last edited:
Meal Bars

More...

FOR VEGANS!!!!!

a 40-30-30 zone food

3 cups rolled oats
3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
1 cup soy protein
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons fructose (or however much sugar)
1/2 cup pecans or sunflower seeds chopped (optional..i guess)
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/3 cup chopped dried fruit or raisins
1/2 cup water or apple juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour, oat or rice flour; as needed to thicken
1 cup or more additional liquid (milk maybe? or if you are really serious....soy milk?) to achieve texture (varies, depending on additions)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a cookie sheet.

Mix everything but the flour, let it sit a few minutes, then beat with a fork until it begins to thicken. Add enough liquid or flour to make a stiff dough.

Roll or pat out on the cookie sheet, about 1/4 inch thick, cut 20 pieces. Cut with cookie cutter or roll out a rectangle on a greased cookie sheet and separate into 4x5 rectangles for 20 biscuits or bars.

Bake 12 minutes.

The apple juice adds additional carbs, but nice flavor, and some folks enjoy a little cinnamon. If you are NOT vegan, you can beat in some eggs and reduce the water or apple juice for a little better texture and protein.

HIGH PROTEIN SNACK BARS

1/2 c. butter
1 c. peanut butter
1 1/2 c. or 12 oz. carob chips
1 c. wheat germ
1 c. shredded coconut
1 c. chopped nuts
1/2 c. sesame seeds
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
May substitute granola for these ingredients.

Melt butter, peanut butter and chips. Mix all and press into 9x13 inch pan. Chill until firm. really easy....really really easy!!!)

(Note: Although these are sugar free they are not low calorie - high fat content.)

Cereal Protien Bars

(makes a decent breakfast)

1/2 c. white syrup
3/4 c. crunchy peanut butter
3 c. Rice Krispies, corn flakes, ect.
1 tsp. vanilla

Boil sugar and syrup until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir until melted. Add cereal. Put in buttered 9-inch pan. DON'T BAKE! Sprinkle 1 package butterscotch chips and 1/2 package chocolate chips over top. (or all chocolate if thats what your into) Place under broiler for just a few seconds. Spread, cool, and cut.

Oat ?n? Banana Slices

Ingredients:

6 Egg Whites
1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)
200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)
60g Banana Flavoured Whey Protein Powder (Any other flavor could be used.)
150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)
2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)
2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)
Preparation:

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)
Find a baking tray approx 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.
Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent to mixture sticking.
Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.
Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.
Leave to cool and then cut into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.

Nutrition: Each slice contains approximately: Protein: 12.4g from mixed sources (Whey, Egg & Oats) Carbohydrate: 21.6g Fat: 2.1g Fat Please Note that these nutritional values have been calculated using the figures from the ingredients, added together and divided by eight (the number of slices). These figures may vary depending on the manufacturer of your protein powder and also the size of the eggs that you use.
(each slice contains 155 kcals.) Comment: Oats are a complex carbohydrate which offer a slow and sustained flow of energy. Oats also have high fibre and great nutritional value. they make an excellent pre workout meal.

Brownies

Ingredients:

60 grams chocolate protein powder
3/4 cup oat flour (if you don't have any just put some oats in a blender and chop them until they are powder)
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
a dash salt
2 egg whites
3/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
3 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla extract ? optional
Preparation:
Mix the ingredients together and pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees farengheit for 18 min.
Makes 9 brownies. Each brownie is 30 40 40 balanced.

Chewy Protein Bars

These are not quite like the ones you buy in the store, but I like them. These bars are also balanced 30-40-40 or zone friendly.

Ingredients:

3 tbsp. oatmeal (you can either grind it up into a powder using a blender or just use rolled oats)
3 tbsp. milk
35 grams protein powder
2 tbsp. peanut butter (you could use almond butter or olive oil as well)
2 tbsp. + 3 tablespoons of sugar
2-tbsp. hot water mixes the oatmeal with the milk.

Preparation:
Add the protein powder and peanut butter. Mix until it looks crumbly. If you have big chunks, then make them smaller by mashing them with a fork or whatever.
Mix the sugar with the hot water. Stir until dissolved.
Add the water with sugar to the oatmeal mixture and use your hands to combine everything (dig into them) You really have to use your hands because a spoon or fork just doesn't mix everything properly.
Place the mixture in a wax paper lined container.
Cut into 6 bars and place in the fridge to cool.
Oatmeal Protein Bars:

Ingredients:

3 cups oatmeal
140 grams protein powder
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk
2 egg whites
1 cup apple sauce
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
You can also add fructose or sugar, I dont because my protein powder is sweetened enough.

Preparation:

Bake @ 350 for 35 min.
Makes 8 bars. When they are cool, put them in the fridge or they will go to shat in a few days.
These are great for breakfast. I use chocolate protein powder and I don't always put apple sauce in (I usually don't have any). I just put more milk in. Make sure that the mixture is not too dry, but it shouldn't be watery like soup either or it will take forever to cook. You can also add cinnamon. I do that when I use vanilla protein powder.

Bulking Bars!!!

Be warned, though. Kinda makes, um, defecation rather enthusiastic.

Ingredients:

300g Oats
25g The Ministry of Fitness Vanilla Whey
40g Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 (60g) Eggs
1 Banana (120g)
1 tablespoon Honey
100ml Regular Milk
Pinch salt
Generous pinch Cinnamon
Preparation:

Add Oats to mixing bowl.
Add whey, mix briefly.
Add pinch salt, and cinnamon.
Add Peanut Butter. Mix, trying to break peanut butter up into small lumps. Mix briefly.
Gradually add lightly beaten eggs, while mixing.
Add (mashed) banana, mix well.
Add honey, mix.
Gradually add milk, whilst mixing.
Place in lightly oiled or greaseproof paper lined square baking tin (I used a 7"x7"x1.5" tin)
Bake at moderate oven temp. (180 deg) for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown.
I have just made these for the first time. They smell nice, are slightly soft-centred due to the banana, and taste quite good, although very oat-ey. I got 8 slices out of the mixture. Each slice is :

135.5 kcals
7.5g Protein
14g Carbs
5.5g Fat
..based on the ingredients used. These bars were made with the intention of convenient food while bulking. I would have preferred more protein in the bars. Next time, I will add more whey, another banana and egg, and possibly less oats. They are great for bulking phase, and if you can change the recepie, prob cutting as well! Enjoy
note; another 50grams of whey would put the Protein to Carbohydrate ratio at 1:1 and this would be good and the bars would still retain their moist, rich texture.

----------------------------------
Protien Nutrtion Bar

A great protein nutrition bar at a mere fraction of the cost of packaged protein bars but none of their glycerin, preservatives, or sugar! These easy-to-make low-fat protein bars are high in fiber content and taste great with a spread of natural peanut butter across the top. with a protein drink, they make a well-balanced meal.
8 minutes to prepare
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl and blend well.
2. In separate bowl, combine eggwhites, orange juice, applesauce, and sugar-free syrup and stir until well blended.
3. Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients and mix well. The consistency will be thick and similar to cookie dough.
4. Spread batter onto a baking sheet coated with non-stick spray. Use a 9x12 baking dish if you prefer thicker bars. Bake until edges are crisp and browned (about 15 minutes depending on bar thickness)
5. Cut into 10 bars and refrigerate in airtight container.

TIPs

1.If you find you want a more moist consistency, add a little more applesauce to the recipe for softness.
2.Baking with applesauce: Did you know you can replace the oil in a recipe with an equal measure of applesauce? Applesauce will add the same moisture but not the added fat and it won’t alter the flavor.
3.Bars may also be frozen and thawed in microwave before eating.
4.Per Serving: Calories- 140 Carbs- 23g Protein- 15g Fat- .5 g Fiber- 4 g
What You Need:
•3 1/2 cups quick oats
•1 1/2 cups powdered non-fat milk
•1 cup sugar-free (diabetic) pancake syrup (Cozy Cottage, Cary's or Howard's bran
•2 egg whites, beaten
•1/4 cup orange juice
•1 tsp vanilla
•1/4 c. natural applesauce (no added sugar)
•4 scoops chocolate or vanilla protein powder

------------------
Low CARB BARS!

Ingredients
2 tbsp no-sugar peanut butter
2 tbsp butter, melted
½ tsp liquid artificial sweetener
1/4 cup Splenda
1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer
Whey protein powder, see * Note

Directions
* Note: It's best to use the "scoop" that comes with the package, but in case it's lost (or you use another brand), this is approximately 1/3 of a cup.*
Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler. Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and stir until it forms a ball. (You may need to use clean hands to aid in the thorough mixing.)
Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired. Refrigerate until firm.

This recipe yields 4 bars; approximately 2 carb grams per bar.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 51 Calories; 6g Fat (99.5% calories from fat); trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 16mg
Cholesterol; 59mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Fat.
---------------------

Energy Bars-Unbaked

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup oat bran
1/2 cup vanilla protein power
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup raisins or dried fruit of your choice/chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup light Karo syrup
Honey can be substituted for Karo. Carob chips for chocolare chips. All these things can be found at any health food store, and in most of the Super Size Super Markets that now have sections for the dried organic food stuff.

Mix all ingredients well. Pat out on wax paper into a large rectangle. Take a large knife and divide into bar shaped rectangles. Put these in Ziploc bags and freeze ‘til you need them. Simple. Easy.
-------------------------------

Energy Bars
Road Putty

Thoroughly combine equal parts of Non-fat dry milk powder Honey, and Peanut butter
Roll into logs and wrap in wax paper.

The honey and peanut butter are two of the best sources of energy, and not just the “sugar blitz” you get from some of the store bought stuff. This gives sustained energy, and is extremely easy to make.
------------------------

candy bar/breakfast bar
1 serving

1 pkg alba or ww chocolate drink
2 tbsp coffee
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp oatmeal

mix all together; place on plastic wrap. shape into a log. freeze. cut in slices.
ww exchanges:1 milk, 1 fruit, 1 bread, 1 protein, 1 fat
-----------------

CHEAP to make

2 Level scoops of chocolate or vanilla soy or whey-based protein powder
1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter
1/4 Cup oatmeal
4 Egg whites
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the egg whites and uncooked oatmeal. Add the remaining ingredients.
Spray a nonstick cooking spray in an 8"x8" baking dish. Spread the mixture in an even layer, over the bottom of the dish. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edge starts to pull away from the sides of the dish.

Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into bars.

Makes 9 bars.

Nutritional information-
Calories- 251
Protein- 34g
Fat- 7g
Carbohydrates- 13g

---------------------
Ingredients:

2 Level scoops of chocolate soy or whey-based protein powder
1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter
1/4 Cup steel cut oatmeal*
4 Egg whites
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix egg whites & uncooked oatmeal. Add remaining ingredients.
Spray nonstick cooking spray in a 8"x8" baking dish. Spread mixture in an even layer, over the bottom of the dish. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edge starts to pull away from the sides of the dish.
Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into bars.
Makes 9 bars

Nutritional information-
Calories- 251
Protein- 34g
Fat- 7g
Carbohydrates- 13g

* Steel cut oats refers to the basic chopping of oats from their original form.

1cup milk
2cups protein powder
package of fat free pudding
3cups of oats

mix powders and milk, stir in oats, pam muffin tin and put in fridge to set

I made these yesterday with chocolate protein powder and ff chocolate pudding. I swear I followed the directions,but it came out crumbly because lack of liquid, so we rolled them into little balls, which made 24 give or take, just depends on how big you roll them. Greene squirted some water on them which made them easier to roll.

This is what we came up calories wise:
Protein Powder - 1360
1 cup milk - 120
3 cups oat - 400
pudding - 160
Grand Total = 2040/24 =85ea

Great Exploration Guys!

These recipies look good! But does anyone know about making meals with a low sugar content as I'm Diabetic?

I found this reciepe. . You could try this one and see if it works. It does look pretty good. The other thing you could do is just tweek the reciepes to fit your needs.

Hey guys, glad my topic kicked off even tho I scrammed for a bit.

I tryed making tuna and sweetcorn burgers the otherday, but the endded up falling apart. anyone know why?

1tin drained tuna
large handfull of cooked sweetcorn
2 eggs
pepper
chilli seeds
2table spoons of flour
splash of milk

it went gooey and was able to shape into burgers but once cooked they fell apart.

Ended up putting them in a wrap and it was amazing. Advise anyone to try it. chillis were a nice finish to.

The corn was fresh off the cob, and the tuna was in spring water, so yeah I drained it all away, but then I added the milk. If it was any more runner to start with it would have sploged over the baking tray. Just spoke to my mum and she said to add more flour, so I'll get back to you.

Todays word is "Sploged"

Bavarian Beef

1 ¼ lbs lean beef stew meat, trimmed of fat, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 large onion thinly sliced
1 ½ cups water
¾ teaspoon caraway seeds
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 bay leaf
¼ cup white vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
½ small head of red cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
¼ cup gingersnaps, crushed

1. Brown meat in oil in heavy skillet. Remove meat and sauté onion in remaining oil until golden brown. Return meat to skillet. Add water, caraway seeds, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 ¼ hours.

2. Add vinegar and sugar and stir. Place cabbage on top of meat. Cover and simmer for an added 45 minutes.

3. Remove meat and cabbage, place on platter and keep warm.

4. Strain drippings from skillet and skim off fat. Add enough water to liquid to yield 1 cup of liquid.

5. Return to skillet with crushed gingersnaps. Cook and stir until thickens and mixture boils. Pour over meat and vegetables and serve.

Yield: 5 servings
Serving size- 5 oz.
Calories: 218
Total fat: 7g
Saturated fat: 2g
Cholesterol: 60mg
Sodium: 323mg
Total fiber: 2g
Protein: 24g
Carbs: 14g
Potassium: 509 mg

(from GuideToHealthyEating.com)

Here is one of favorite recipes, quick and easy.

1 16 oz. can of salmon
1 cup rolled oats
2 eggs
Dash of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown in pan coated with olive oil to prevent sticking.

One of my favourite ready to go, bulking foods is the tuna sweet corn wrap.
High in protein and carbs and low in fat (only 2g of saturated fat!!!). One wrap makes the perfect speedy snack, 2 makes a mighty meal.

For two wraps you need…

1small tin of tuna
handful of sweet corn
1spoon of light mayo
tomato sauce to taste
2 soft wraps
Fresh chilli

Simply drain your tuna and dump it in a bowl with the sweet corn and mayo. Add the tomato sauce or BBQ if you fancy it, just enough to make it so it doesn’t fall apart. Add any salad or raw veggies, such as peppers, chilli, onion etc… and wrap it up.

Totals (per wrap)
300 Calories,
Protein - 27g
Carbs – 40g
Fat – 11g
Of which are saturated – 2g

For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
3 Cups Oats
1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
2 Cups Skim Milk

3g fat
28g carbs
29g protein
257 calories
These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR postworkout.

8 scoops whey...would that be 2 cups worth?

--matt

check out this meal and tell me

Hello
i usually prepare this meal four days a week i d like to know whether its healthy or not .
i mix boiled rice with boiled potatoes,carrots,small tin of tuna, chocolate protein and three yogurts.
any feedback ? thank you

nut butter, for those of you who dont like or are allergic to peanuts

nut butter

ingredients

mixed nuts or any that you like
milk (to preferred consistency)

blend nuts, then slowly pour in milk until the consistency becomes similar to that of peanut butter.

i use Tesco Wholefoods mixed nuts, coz i live in England, but sometimes, i use Natco, or another bulk supplier and just make it with ~1kg nuts.

Keep it in the fridge and eat as fast as possible, but it will keep for a couple of weeks, coz of the high fat content. also, its about the same as peanut butter, meaning 1 heaped tsp is about 90-100 kcal and 2 level tbsp is ~190 kcal

----------------------
3 cups oats
8 protein servings
12 tbsp of PB(I can only use commerical that means no natty PB sadly...)
1.5 cup of milk non fat
2 egg whites
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt

Preparation:
Bake @ 350 for 35 min.
Makes 11 bars. When they are cool, put them in the fridge or they will go mouldy in a few days.

Per bar:

Calories:275
Protein:27g
Carbs:21g
Fat:11g
Tried this today. It's a dam hard one to mix together, I'm sure it's the peanut butter then was the problem... stuck to the hands kinda like mud :11doh: Has anyone else tried this recipe? It's from tonymcclellan's repost.

To eat: The texture is very dry, I tried a bit and had to drink water to help swallow it down. I'll eat it all as I've invested a fair bit of my protein powder into it but don't think I'll try it again.

Anyway, I'm posting today to ask if anyone has a recipe that they use regularly, it's got to be one that is sooo easy to make and taste good AND is good for you (I want my cake and eat it too!!). Mainly want it for a pre-workout snack, something to give me a little energy boost to go harder.

Oh here is a picture of it just out of the oven! The flash makes it look like it has a glaze over it.

3 eggs and some serials (7-8h) , next steak (200 gr) and vegetables (not fried) about 12 o'clock ,next brunch 3 o'clock some fruits..and for dinner fish (200 gr).

Back