Magnesium - supplements to make up for lost minerals in sweat from training

Hi all

Wondered what peoples thoughts were on Magnesium ?
I have been having issues lately with fatigue/burnout. Probably a combination of over training/ stress from other parts of life.
I never realised that exercise/workouts actually contributed to stress in your body. Physical stress on top of my existing mental stress.
Looking on net, it seemed that Magnesium could be a good place to start.
I have been taking Magnesium supplements (Chelate) in relatively small doses for a week now and I can feel a big difference in my general mental health/anxiety. Also less muscular pain the next day after workouts.

Does anyone else take magnesium as a supplement, especially in regards to replacing lost minerals from exercise ?
Am I barking up the wrong tree though ? Are there other more important minerals I am lacking from intense workouts?
I have also started taking Himalayan pink salt with my water. (I do get dehydrated a lot).
BTW - my diet is good. I avoid too much sugar and eat no junk food. I do try and follow a low cholesterol diet most of the time as I have high cholesterol.

Thanks In advance
Mackabee

just as an aside.
I have now stopped taking the magnesium as it was causing issues with my sleep patterns and inducing insomnia!
cant win.

just as an aside.
I have now stopped taking the magnesium as it was causing issues with my sleep patterns and inducing insomnia!
cant win.

Back