Lucy's journey

This is more about where I need to be than where I am at.

Therefore I am logging my journey rather than my journal.

I strive to become a confident, healthy, worthy person.

A person I can feel proud of.

To be better than who I was yesterday each and every day.

And today is better because here I am.

These are my current goals:
787a211b47b476b14991e5bdc83699bc.jpg

I have very weak upper body strength and fail at most of the exercises that require those muscle groups.

These are some of the goals I have already accomplished:
9cb7037db3108cbbafde41e395d9c0f4.jpg

Running in the ultra marathon was the most amazing experience. Not sure how I can top that!

I'm currently in transition with my workout routine as the summer/running months end. I do not wish to have another winter on the treadmill.

I'm continuing with my boot camp workouts in the mornings and am focusing on developing my upper body now rather than running.

I'm also getting some supports and doing some research on developing my self-confidence. The reason I started this journey was to improve on that but it just doesn't seem to be working with all the focus just being on physical goals.

So I have made myself a new goal in getting supports in place to strengthen myself emotionally.

In the end I hope to be strong both physically and mentally.

Not able to pull myself all the way up yet and I have some problems with swinging. But it's coming...

Last edited:
Feeling frustrated this week. My new routine has not had the same benefits as my last routine. My weight hasn't changed but my clothes fit better.

I'm marking my progress more on weight loss now than before tho so this does little to impress me.

Hoping that there is just some adjustment time needed to get into this routine as it's only been a couple of weeks. Not sure how long to plug away at it before making changes tho.

My sister and I have a healthy competition to lose weight. We started at the same weight and she had gained while I have lost. She now weighs 10lbs more than I do.

This competition was supposed to motivate her as she has been struggling to find her motivation. Unfortunately I don't think it's working. In fact, I think it's only worsening things for her as she sees my successes.

I'm not sure what to say to her. She doesn't take my advice and is really defensive about lots of things.

I've kinda given up on her tbh. Until she finds her own motivation I don't think I can really help her all that much.

My sister came at me last night with another challenge. She wants to run a marathon with me in the summer of next year. I agreed but only under the condition that she remain committed as I will be f**cking pissed if I put in the effort of training for this only to have to go at it alone. A marathon is not one of my goals. I'm doing this for her and she needs to know that. Perhaps this will keep her consistent knowing that she'll be pissing me off if she fails.

If I do this. I'll add in some cardio training (5-10k runs) twice a week until Christmas. Then more will be added after that.

I'm a cereal girl. I love my morning cereal and that has been my staple since childhood.

I've been told to kibosh my morning carbs in exchange for proteins.

I have tried in the past to make the switch but I just find myself craving those carbs shortly after I eat.

Thinking about trying again. Hopefully I will have more will power this time to make the change sustainable.

Finally making some progress with my new routine and decided to post-pone my marathon training til after the New Years which still leaves me plenty of time to prepare as the race isn't until August anyways.

I want to see what benefits come from this strength routine first.

Have had an injury in my upper arm for a couple weeks now. Feels like a pinched nerve. It only hurts when I raise my arm. Been working through the pain hoping it'll go away.

My goodness I feel all the effects now. I never felt this sore when I also ran. I'm also noticing an increase in my appetite.

Stopped tracking my food about a month ago. The last three attempts I did this I gained weight within a month. This time however, I am doing really well. I think I have finally mastered my meals!

Chatting with my sister can be exhausting. I'm glad she comes to me for support but it's not always a role I enjoy.
f8884af8ead822637bf9daafd0f110fc.jpg

What keeps me invested in her is that she was actually what motivated me to get in shape. At one time she was marathon runner, a mom and a wife. She inspired me and I wanted to be like her.

Now, it's my turn to help her out. I'm just not very good at it.

Pull-ups are coming along better than chin-ups

Last edited:
Back