Llama

I'm looking forward to hearing about the dynamics of the Turkish lesson class. I hope you meet some interesting people & enjoy the classes, LaMa.

I agree with everyone - great to not look back and get pulled into negativity. And also looking forward to hearing about your Turkish class!

I rebuilt myself with a big binge (~4000 kcal in one sitting), which I'll probably pay for by 3 am but I'm not even sorry
That is good to at least see the benefit in a binge. I know that sometimes I really feel a need for a bunch of ice cream or something to soothe my brain before I can move forward. Since you mostly make healthy choices I think that can't really hurt.

Thanks all. Of course today it was hard to be sensible (because once you pop you can't stop) but it wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday. And I got off the couch and went to the bookstore to get Turkish for Dummies since our teacher recommended it.
6 points today if I do my breathing exercises as soon as I log off here. Gih 5, msh 6, awh 6, mood 6.5.

Well done on getting off that couch, LaMa & getting out. Did you enjoy your first class?
I can't remember what Gih etc are short for :blush5:

Thanks Tru and Cate :grouphug:
I actually woke up earlier than I'd expected and decided to go to the gym. Hadn't planned to because I was feeling crappy yeasterday and today's family exercise day anyway, so... excuses abound. But I felt pretty good this morning and decided that getting active would probably leave me feeling better sooner than staying on the couch. Did 15 slow minutes on the rower, 10 slow minutes on the elliptical, assisted pull-ups, and some shoulder stability. Feeling a lot better. Stomach's still a bit off but not too much.

Cate, gih is gastro-intestinal health, msh is musculoskeletal health, and awh is airway health. I could absolutely have left off the h at the end but then one of them would be ms and I don't want to jinx myself. I may add in a skin rating at some point because my skin is not AS unproblematic as it has been. Probably just the weather.

Thanks Tru and Emily! I sat on my ass the rest of the day and ate. Which was quite enjoyable but not necessarily healthy. Didn't even do my homework! Will do a short hike tomorrow morning. I've had trouble coming up with meal ideas for the past couple of days, which doesn't help because it means I have no satisfying food to look forward to and I'm more inclined to stuff my face with junky-but-highly-palatable things. So... I should plan for tomorrow. And I don't want to. Because if I plan I don't have an excuse. But my stomach is killing me so I shouldn't WANT an excuse. So let's plan anyway. One meal can be a small mushroom pizza I have in the freezer, with a salad. One meal can be some of the Selchfleisch I bought today (salted smoked meat), with broccoli and airfried potatoes. And one... could be garlicky tofu. With... Oh, maybe I could try making a tofu/veggie scramble out of it? I have some mushrooms that need eating, as well as spinach and bell pepper. That actually feels like something I might WANT to eat once my stomach recovers.

Maybe you should get points under GIH for planning meals, and points for following the plan. I really like your points system. J and I were just talking about how we often feel we wasted our day, but then when we look back, we did a ton of stuff, and should not be discouraged. Your points system is so great because you really see how well you are taking care of yourself! Oh, and :grouphug:!

Thanks for the explanation, LaMa. I hope you have a healthy day & your stomach recovers :grouphug:
Took me a stern talking-to to get me started on food prep but I did and it's making me feel more in-control.
Maybe you should get points under GIH for planning meals, and points for following the plan. I really like your points system.
I do get a point for cooking, and one for eating three meals regardless of snackage. But a point for planning might be a good addition! I agree that the points help me to be aware of and appreciate the stuff I do get done. And sometimes it motivates me to add one more thing to get my points up :p

The meat thing was delicious, the tofu scramble nice but a bit too plain, and for dinner I just made cheese pockets (puff pastry, cheese, fold and seal...) and had them with a salad. Not very inspired but it was something I could be bothered to eat. Also had chips and some cured meat. Definitely still trying to get around eating real food but at least I didn't go crazy on sweets.
Plan for tomorrow...
- That pizza I didn't have today
- The rest of that tofu, scrambled, more spices this time
- The meat and potatoes thing. I love my airfryer so much.

I like hearing about you adding in healthy things at the end of the day to get the points up. It sounds happy and fun! I also like how you are eating better-for-you meals. That's great and nothing to sneeze at!!

Thanks Cate and Marsia. The time change is kind of messing with me. I forgot I was going to go to the gym this morning and by the time I thought about it I thought it might be too busy (because holiday and end of daylight saving time so everyone´s awake earlier) BUT apparently I´m starting to get back into the rhythm because 5 minutes later I suddenly felt a jolt of motivation so I put my phone down, grabbed my bag, and left the house before I had time to reconsider. Still no real method to the madness but I quite enjoyed it.

Small pizza for breakfast (with salad), for lunch I stuffed the tofu/veggie scramble mix into puff pastry packages and had them with another salad. Much better. Much higher in calories as well, of course. Oh, and I had protein pudding with frozen mango and fresh raspberries. I am stuffed right now but I already kind of want to eat more... So I´d best get off my backside and get prepping breakfast fro tomorrow. Didn´t have enough carrots left for a full batch of omi houriya so I slow-baked what I did have with some onion instead, hoping the sweetness of the onion will make it work regardless.

BUT apparently I´m starting to get back into the rhythm because 5 minutes later I suddenly felt a jolt of motivation so I put my phone down, grabbed my bag, and left the house before I had time to reconsider.
Always good to take advantage of those moments of motivation! Good for you!

BUT apparently I´m starting to get back into the rhythm because 5 minutes later I suddenly felt a jolt of motivation so I put my phone down, grabbed my bag, and left the house before I had time to reconsider.
Good for you, LaMa :)

Thanks folks. Had to keep alternating masks today because one model was hurting my nose and irritating my eyes while the other was ripping into the back of my ears. Kept getting short of breath even though I wasn't doing much. Couldn't get my food down so I got too hungry. Planning was chaos (actually the plan was fine but people kept showing up at the wrong time and expecting to get treatment when they happened to arrive). Computer kept throwing me out. No fun. I feel better now but only because I binged, which just isn't a sustainable strategy. Right now I'm not at all motivated to stop binging if I'm honest. But I also don't want to gain more weight. I hate being fat. So I just checked my calendar and I should indeed be getting my period in a couple of days. Which at least explains why I feel so useless. Off to bed: fingers crossed I'll wake up motivated to do better. Gotta remember: being fat sucks and decent food gives me energy.

Back