Llama

That´s so funny but also kind of scary. Did your allergic reactions get worse after that? I hardly reacted at all, thankfully, but I guess that´s normal for a first sting.
They told me I would need to rush to the hospital to get a shot every time I am stung now, and I did the first time, saw how much it cost, and now just put mud on it immediately and have not had any more problems. I don't think the other stings I've had are wasps though, and that was the only one I ever remember having to pull a stinger out of me. I think there was still some abdomen attached, too, so lots of lovely venom.

Are you liking your 2 minutes of breathing? I did some breathing in my meditation this morning and it really helps me relax and concentrate at the same time, a kind of alert peacefulness. Funny how one little thing can help bring calm.

Omi houriya/airfried pinto bean/baby spinach wraps sound divine!

My husband is allergic to wasps and blows up like a beach ball, thankfully it is not one of my allergies. No compassion for them in this house.
We're just as programmed to put ourselves and our loved ones first as wasps are so that's completely normal.

They told me I would need to rush to the hospital to get a shot every time I am stung now, and I did the first time, saw how much it cost, and now just put mud on it immediately and have not had any more problems. I don't think the other stings I've had are wasps though, and that was the only one I ever remember having to pull a stinger out of me. I think there was still some abdomen attached, too, so lots of lovely venom.
Sounds like that was a bee, not a wasp. If it ever happens again don't grab the guts and pull the venom out but try to kind of scratch it away. Part of the stuff hanging from that stinger (with bees) is the venom gland and it'll keep pumping more venom into you for a good while. If you squeeze it too much it'll just empty out completely. At least that's the wisdom I received from my beekeeping parents back in the 80s. If you had an anaphylactic reaction to that sting carrying an epipen and/or rushing to the hospital is a matter of life or death so please do be careful and don't rely on mud unless you're sure what stung you wasn't a bee or wasp. As much as I like bugs I like you better.

Yay for smiles! The other expressions are necessary as well but smiles are the most fun. And Tru: always nice to see you drop by.
https://veganmiddleeast.com/recipes/celery-stew/
This was my dinner today, brought about by the simple fact that I had a bunch of going-on-sad celery. I wasn´t confident in the result but it turned out nice! I changed some stuff to fit what I had on hand (including adding some button mushrooms that also needed eating) but I´d say I stuck pretty close to the recipe for a change. Lots of leftovers. Not sure how well it´ll reheat but it can´t get any uglier than it already is, so that´s something.
Was just adding up my points for the day and it reminded me that I´d only had one portion of fruit so far :eek: Terrible oversight that I corrected right away. The grapes are so good this time of year. That puts me at 7 points for today if I remember to do my two minutes of breathing before bed. Hell, I can lie down and do them right now. There, done. Now if I put on my coat and walk to the bank and back I´ll have another two points. But actually... I´m not that motivated. I will go ahead and do some cleaning now that I´ve got the energy, and then sit down and write down those exercises I keep forgetting about. That´s still 8 points, aka a gold star day. Yay me!

Gih 7.5, msh 7, airways 6.5, mood 7.5. I´ve been experimenting with putting the greasiest skin cream I have on my eyelids at night to avoid them sticking to my eyeballs during the night due to how dry my eyes are and not only does it seem to help in the moment but my eyes have also been less irritated during the day.The official solution would be to put ointment into my eyes before going to bed (which would be more effective) but then I can´t really see for a minute or two after waking up and that makes my anxiety go batshit so I try to avoid it. So when I remembered eyelids are so thin you have to be careful what products you use on them because they might be absorbed into the eye through the skin I thought this might be an experiment worth doing. Fingers crossed it wasn´t just a lucky run of three good nights and it´ll actually work.

She left her stinger, which is unusual for wasps. Took her over two hours to die, too.

That last sentence worries me, LaMa.

Is there a reason for your dry eyes? You don't wear glasses, do you? Anyway, well done on your gold star day.

And just to make it official:

⭐

You've earned it!

Nice work finding a good way to use up the celery! Always so satisfying to use up food instead of ending up tossing it.
Interesting solution to the dry eye problem--I hope it keeps working for you

I never think to put anything on my eyelids, LaMa. I might try it tonight!
No guarantee it'll work though! I'm still experimenting.
That last sentence worries me, LaMa.
I know. She was crawling around on top of a painting and I had patients or I would've put her out of her misery.
Is there a reason for your dry eyes? You don't wear glasses, do you?
I do wear glasses but I've always had super dry eyes. I wore contacts for ten years starting at eleven and lost several pairs because my eyes were so dry blinking could kick'em out of the eye. Thank you for the gold star! I like the idea of actually adding the color to the day.
Always so satisfying to use up food instead of ending up tossing it.
Isn't it? Strangely accomplished:)

I do wear glasses but I've always had super dry eyes.
Forgot to mention: wearing an N95 mask for 6 hours a day makes them even drier. The only place I can't get a perfect seal is up by my nose so there's airflow into my eyes each time I breathe out.

As much as I like bugs I like you better.
Thanks LaMa! I like you better than bugs, too! 🦋:)🐛😊🐞 And thanks for the tips. I think you are right, that was the venom sack. And I remember now it was a yellow jacket, not a wasp.

Part of why I hate masks so much is that thing you are describing where the air all escapes into your eyeballs and dries them out. The other part is feeling claustrophobic so I breathe heavier, and extra dries out my eyeballs, too. I really empathize about having to wear a mask 6 hours straight!

Your celery stew looks wonderful. I love celery in soup, but my daughter doesn't. I'm thinking of making it on the side and just putting it in my soups because it's so easy to grow and I love it so much for flavor. I usually just steam it and blend it up with carmelized onions to make a creamy soup base.

💫✨🌠☄️ - some extra stars (and a comet because I like them)!

Wearing a mask for so long would be horrible. I struggle to breathe in one for even 20 minutes. I tried finding a silver star& fell down a rabbit hole, so will look for something suitable for you in our forum ones-
💫✨🎆☮️☯️😘

Thanks guys :D

80.1 kg this morning, 35% fat. Very stable right now! I´d prefer to see a bit of a drop but not binging is much more important to me right now. I forgot my protein pudding yesterday morning so I was too hungry on my way home and sorely tempted to binge. Went into the grocery store but came out bearing mostly sensible things. Only sweet I got was 75g of chocolate with cookies&cream filling. Which I did eat after lunch but 75g is not a binge. Also wore my new top yesterday and felt pretty good in it except for the fact that I don´t like how my leggings fit right now so I´m going out to look for new leggings and tights right now. I don´t wear a lot of dresses and long shirts but when I do I want to be comfortable. Haven´t had breakfast yet and it´s 9:40 am, so... not the cleverest. After-exercise-chat took a bit longer and I don´t want to take the time to make/eat breakfast right now, so... I´m risking it. Will probably get a herring roll. Lunch will be a feta/herb/tomato/pepper/rocket/olive/quinoa salad since I have mint and parsley left over from my celery stew.

6 points but I did binge :(
gih 4, msh 6, airways 5.5, mood 6.5. I actually suddenly felt so hungry after posting that I did have breakfast before going out but I stayed hungry/crave-y all day and I closed off with 300 g of chocolate. Should not have got that small bar yesterday (once I start it's easy to pretend I'm in control - until I'm not) and should not have let myself get so hungry. Other than that it was a reasonably good day.

I hope you are able to keep the good pattern of eating well despite the one little slip. I'm the same with chocolate. If I eat pre-made chocolate things, it makes the craving worse next time. I have unsweetened cocoa powder I use in home made granola when I am feeling chocolate cravings. I just use a little bit of zero calorie sugar in it and I don't get the cravings after I eat it. I do this with hot cocoa also. I also need a good breakfast or I have a much harder day. I think I need a plan to work toward so I can picture that when I am craving stuff I shouldn't eat. Then I can replace the mental picture of how nice I will feel after eating crap (that isn't true) with something I know is true - like feeling a lot better physically and a lot more proud of myself for taking care of myself. I have to experiment, but I am going to try this.

Hugs, and glad your day was good despite the chocolate!

I have been seriously slack visiting diaries, It hurts to sit at the computer for any longer than I have to for study, but I am making a bit more of an effort when I can.
Don´t worry about it. I´m sure you have to spend more time sitting down than your hip wants you to anyway. There will be other days!
If I eat pre-made chocolate things
🤔 You mean... chocolate? I´m not a fan of plain cacao but I quite like cacao nibs mixed into my protein puddings for a bit of extra bite and richness. I don´t mind artificial sweeteners at all but for anything chocolate-y it just makes it feel fake and wrong so I´ll just have to get used to the cacao nibs being my sole reminder of chocolate. Not today though: not yet. I went for a walk around the city center and caved when I walked past the Lindt store... So I binged on high-quality, guaranteed nut-free Lindt chocolate. Makes me feel just as sick, of course. Too much is too much. Still craved more by the time the worst of the nausea had past. So I had some fruit. And a light lunch. And a light dinner, followed by more fruit. No longer crave chocolate and still feel a bit sick. I hope I won´t get nightmares/lie awake/get an angry stomach again in the middle of the night like yesterday. Chances are better simply because the binge happened a lot earlier so that´s something.
5 points. gih 4, msh 5, airways 6, mood 7. Will take antihistamine tonight but not tomorrow. Should be safe to go lower now that the pollen season is over.

Edit: I have two goals for tomorrow. No, make that three.
1) Go to the gym, however little I do. It´s nice that I´m able to sneak some strength stuff in at work but it´s not the same as my normal gym.
2) Make red lentil stew.
3) Eat three decent meals and one sensible snack. Don´t know what breakfast will be yet (maybe just cheese and crackers if I´m not too hungry) but lunch should be red lentil stew and dinner should be pea mash and feta wraps. With roasted bell pepper. Protein pudding with fresh fruit and either cacao nibs or candied ginger for a snack.

Last edited:
Back