Llama

Llama

Let's start over. Having a multiple-hundred page diary was starting to feel like a weight on my shoulders and that's not what I'm here for. What I am here for is a balanced, happy life. So let's plan for tomorrow:

- mackerel/feta/pea/basil wraps
- airfried tempeh, potatoes, peppers, eggplant
- watermelon and plain froyo
- sushi with a side salad

Hi, hon. Food sounds good as usual. Sushi! Yum!

oh a whole new diary! Nice one. How did you do that? Not sure I'm ready to scrap my old one yet, but good to know we can!
A balanced happy life sounds good! (y)

I don't seem to be able to quote yet but let's pretend I did:
Cate, the scales said 80.8 kg this morning and I never wanted to go over 80 kg again so it's time for damage control. Without undereating because that's a big part of what has kept me binging these past few weeks.
Liza, I just started a fresh thread. Back to weightloss rather than maintenance! Less complicated mentally...

I freaked when I saw your diary this morning until I actually read your first post & saw you had just started a new diary thread. I thought all of our diary posts were lost. If that had happened I would be quitting this forum. I was so relieved.

Ooh, ooh, a new diary! I gotta jump in here.

BTW, a balance happy life is absolutely what I am striving for too. I think ultimately, the best journey to shoot for.

Liza, I just started a fresh thread. Back to weightloss rather than maintenance! Less complicated mentally...
were you able to delete your old diary thread?--i don't see it anywhere...I always like the idea of being able to delete stuff when I'm done with it.
The reply option isn't as good now--seems you have to either quote the whole post and then delete the parts you don't want to reply to, or copy and paste the part you want to reply to, but it doesn't show up as a quote...

Sorry to scare you, Cate! Your diary would have been a real loss after so many years :eek:
Welcome to my new diary, TDT! Balance is hard but it's a good goal. And the physical therapist in me says it´s normal to lose your balance while practicing sometimes. Not practicing and just being really careful (using a stroller just to be sure) feels safe but it makes you more uncertain and vulnerable in the long run. Some people can´t be expected to rebuild their sense of balance but for most people is a matter of practice!
were you able to delete your old diary thread?--i don't see it anywhere...I always like the idea of being able to delete stuff when I'm done with it.
I see what you mean with the reply option... I hope the quote option comes back! Or maybe someone knows how to turn a piece of text into a quote? Anyway, mods can delete whatever you want; just ask.

Changed my food plan around a little bit today. Had sushi for lunch because I really can´t be bothered to do ANY prep when I come home hungry. Should really remember that for the future. Plus I´m having a second bowl of icecream for dessert after dinner. That´s ok though: It´s only 250 kcal extra and I´m coming back down from a massive calorie surplus so it´s normal for my body to still want some extras.

Plan for tomorrow:
- Spicy-kidney-bean-mash and veggie wrap
- Sichuan chicken and rice (brought home today and split and stored in two portions right away)
- Watermelon
- Finally having that tempeh for dinner. Today I realized I had one portion of pulled pork left that needed eating

PS: I ran out of frozen yogurt so I just spent 20 minutes comparing calorie counts for different icecream brands. On my phone. In the bathtub. Suddenly found that kind of hilarious for someone who wants to lose weight 🙈

Sticking to the plan so far. Having a hearty lunch ready to go after work is definitely a necessity. Didn´t go to the grocery store until after lunch so I bought only what I needed. Tempted to "try" the icecream I bought right away but I´m pretty sure I´ll do better at portion control if I put it off until after dinner. No frozen yogurt this time because the sheep´s milk icecream has only 3/4 the calories and costs the same so I´m trying that instead. Kind of scary that I just want time to pass so I can eat again. Even though I´m not hungry. I don´t want to be wishing my life away!

Distracted myself playing a game, had dinner, had one portion (50g) of the aforementioned icecream on top of one portion (165g) of frozen mango. Nom. Went for walk, prepped breakfast for tomorrow. Breakfast and lunch will be exactly the same as today, and for dinner I hope to have the energy to cook red lentil stew. Will be going for a short hike with U on Saturday and need something I can easily pack up and take along.
Edit: Ok, we've got the easy quote option back and if I'm on my 📱 it looks like the emojis it suggests while I type work in my post. Can anyone confirm or deny if that is the case?

PS: I ran out of frozen yogurt so I just spent 20 minutes comparing calorie counts for different icecream brands. On my phone. In the bathtub. Suddenly found that kind of hilarious for someone who wants to lose weight 🙈
I literally laughed out loud when I read this! But no, no, none of us has a problem right? LOL.

Distracted myself playing a game, had dinner, had one portion (50g) of the aforementioned icecream

Distraction is good, if you can be distracted away from food then your body probably did not need that food. Eating from boredom is a big diet killer.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this! But no, no, none of us has a problem right? LOL.
Nope, nothing to see here folks! We´re all balanced, well-adjusted adults with no unhealthy fixations whatsoever...
Distraction is good, if you can be distracted away from food then your body probably did not need that food. Eating from boredom is a big diet killer.
I have skinny friends who can completely forget about food all day and then be too tired to eat by the time they remember. But it´s definitely true for me unless I´m freshly in love. Boredom eating is even more dangerous to me when I´m just getting back to a normal amount of calories and my stomach is already wondering why all that lovely fat isn´t coming in anymore. Maybe I should get myself another big LEGO set! Or, you know: make good use of the cooling weather and cook myself some proper meals again...

Had a pretty good day. Lunch ended up being dürüm kebab rather than chicken and rice but that´s ok. Made that lentil stew and ate one portion for dinner. I´m happily surprised how good it is every time I make it. Will go for an evening walk as soon as I get done here and then it´s off to bed for me. Plan for tomorrow:
- Lentil stew for breakfast
- Pitas with pea mash and tempeh for packed lunch
- Sichuan chicken and rice for dinner
- Probably frozen mango and icecream again

There will be more fruit, by the way. There always is, unless I´m binging.

How do you make your lentil stew, LaMa? Does it vary all the time? Are you catching up with any of your friends over there this weekend?

Hi LaMa, fellow lentil soup eater! I am so happy seeing that you are doing well, despite the weight creeping up a little, and ice cream research in the tub. That would be such a great cartoon! I still love reading your food logs, and it seems like you have a bunch of good strategies you are using now to distract from food or to plan for the worst. I'm almost through moving and need to implement more of these things so I don't stress eat. We're doing really well - the house has been transformed, and it's going to be gorgeous when it's on the market, so all this sacrificing almost a year of remodeling and packing has been worth it. It's going to be wonderful having free time to get in shape and do things I love again. Anyway, I like how you're starting a new diary!!

How glorious to wake up to so many lovely messages :grouphug: But before I answer a single one of them: I just got on the scale and with the bloat gone I'm now at 78.8 kg. Which sounds a lot more manageable. I'd live to be below 75 again by October but realistically it'll be closer to Christmas. My percect goal would still be to get and stay below 70kg but 72 would realistically be fine. So that's within reasonable reach.

Food sounds great as always LaMa--nice to hear you more back on track with the meal planning.
Just a couple of days on track and my energy is already returning. It's glorious!
How do you make your lentil stew, LaMa? Does it vary all the time? Are you catching up with any of your friends over there this weekend?
I have two recipes I use but the red lentil version is based on this one https://www.budgetbytes.com/vegan-red-lentil-stew/ I add a laurel leaf and tweak the spices a little bit but it's very close.

I'm almost through moving and need to implement more of these things so I don't stress eat. We're doing really well - the house has been transformed, and it's going to be gorgeous when it's on the market, so all this sacrificing almost a year of remodeling and packing has been worth it. It's going to be wonderful having free time to get in shape and do things I love again.
That's great to hear - how wonderful to have you on the forum again! I'm sure I'll be stealing ideas from you again soon :)

What do you want for the year ahead, my friend?
Oof, that's a scary question... But a good one! What I want most of all is to find more of my people. Most of my life I've felt broken and like I don't belong anywhere but in past couple of years I've realized that people exist who are either very like me and/or who love me with and even for my quirks. I want more of those people in my life and I know I'll have to go out and actively try to find them irl. It would be awfully helpful if the pandemic eased up a bit for that but I'm fully aware that once ot does I'm a big risk of settling back into convenience and clinging to what I have instead of branching out. So... the start of a(n epic?) quest :hurray:/:willy_nilly: Working on keeping up with the lovely people I met on vacation and I booked a Turkish language course for October to help fend off the grind for now. And this afternoon I'm going for a walk with U, who I'm tentatively planning a hiking vacation with for next summer. I'm not sure her health will allow it but if we start practicing now w've got a decent chance, I think. Oh, and I'm trying out yoga with H next week.

Back