Llama

Oh, dear. Well done on not binging, hon but that's a bugger about the diet Pepsi. I'm glad we have lots of choices of diet soft drinks here. I know they're not good for me, but they satisfy my sweets/wine cravings at 5'ish. I couldn't get to sleep either last night. I was WIDE awake for hours, tossing & turning, with songs going around in my head :eek: At one stage I tried meditating & came up with a breathing exercise that felt really funny at the time but worked for a while. "Fit" on the in breath & "fat" on the out breath. It worked too 🤣I woke up lighter :)

I'm sorry, sleeplessness sucks. Try not to be too hard on yourself. You had a change in plans/routine and were feeling sick, anyone might turn to comforts/distractions under those circumstances!

Ugh, not being able to sleep is so awful, so sorry LaMa. Maybe it's time for a carbonation machine and all natural flavors? K wants one so she can try carbonating milk - yuck!

I was WIDE awake for hours, tossing & turning, with songs going around in my head :eek:
That's just so unpleasant. Love your new meditation though :rotflmao:
Try not to be too hard on yourself. You had a change in plans/routine and were feeling sick, anyone might turn to comforts/distractions under those circumstances!
Thanks, I won't be. It was definitely a better "solution" than eating my weight in chocolate!
Maybe it's time for a carbonation machine and all natural flavors?
Maybe it is. Though it wouldn't solve this problem, of course, cause the all natural flavors don't pack a caloriefree, perfectly balanced sweet punch like diet Pepsi does.
K wants one so she can try carbonating milk - yuck!
It'll taste like spoiled milk because the added gas makes the milk more acidic. I've seen the videos and Ann Reardon explained.

Ended up sleeping enough after all but of course I woke up later and that means it'll be harder to go to sleep in time tonight. Bloody circadian rhythm. But I'm feeling fit and healthy! Tempted to join in with the exercise after al...

PS: Not binging paid off. 80.7 kg this morning! Still too high and it´ll probably go back up a bit as soon as I start moving again but still a good sight better than the 83.3 I saw ten days ago...

Wow, that's wonderful you lost so quickly! And glad you did get to catch up on sleep a bit. I know here it's illegal to have people work shifts too close together so they don't get normal sleep. Have you considered finding a place with a normal work schedule? This seems very weird that they can't treat their workers well to retain people.

They're not technically shifts and this place treats its workers well compared to others around here. It's easy to talk and I agree that it sucks but the only alternative would be to become my own boss and I don't have the nerves for that, least of all in a pandemic.

Slept pretty well. Think I'll try running later this morning. Really need to do laundry as well but I already did three loads because mattress cover/duvet/pillow/bedding and I'm kind of done with it.
Ok, that won't do so I just got up, sorted laundry and started the bloody machine. The neighbors will just have to survive what little noise it makes for the first 15 minutes and by the time it gets louder it's past 8 am anyway.

I need to plan some food for today because I realize I'm procrastinating even food prep and that never ends well. So:
- Selchfleisch with airfries potatoes and broccoli
- Airfried tofu with eggplant, tomato, zucchini, and... rice, maybe?
- Chicken salad
- Protein pudding with fruit. I have vanilla, raspberry, and cherry pudding to choose from and for the fruit I have... oranges, apples, raspberries, grapes, and mango. If that's not enough to stop the cravings it's not their fault.

I hope you do get the nerve to be your own boss some day - I think you'd be great. The lady buying our house homeschools and has 3 occupational therapy offices she runs, and may open another here once she moves here. I think she can have sessions over Zoom though during the pandemic. It seems like if the therapy centers there are not treating their staff very well, you could have your pick of good employees if you did open your own place. I wish I could introduce you to her!

I had a wash day yesterday, too. I found out that the dryer vent got disconnected by the painter who had painted the baseboard in back of the dryer - it had fuzzy grey lint stuck to all the baseboards. Joy of joys.

Your food sounds great. The air fried eggplant and veggies sounds so good! And I hope the fruit and pudding do their magic!!

It seems like if the therapy centers there are not treating their staff very well, you could have your pick of good employees if you did open your own place.
:rotflmao: Managing employees rather than (or on top of) treating patients sounds like my worst nightmare. IF I ever decide to be my own boss (and that's a huge if) I'll be a one woman show. Dealing with insurance companies, scheduling and rescheduling appointments, dealing with relatives when you work with kids or the elderly... I've had to do all of it at some point and it stressed me out so much I became unable to function as an adult in my private life. Adding employee trouble and dealing with bills and missing payments on top of that? No thanks! My stomach knotted up horribly just typing all that.

Your painter really did you dirty there! Hope it wasn't too hard to clean.

Didn't run this morning but I made up for that in the afternoon. Ate well so far but am having trouble getting excited to cook the tofu/veggie thing. That said: I don't want it to go bad and it's been marinating all day so I'd best get cracking anyway.

Ok, that was quite nice. Once I use up this block of tofu (there´s two portions left) I´m not going to try again though. I used a pretty intense marinade and LOTS of tasty veggies (added some leftover airfried bell pepper and a handful of arugula as well as the zucchini and eggplant) and I still tasted too much tofu. So I´m going to go stick with tempeh in the future. More expensive but also way more delicious.

PS: Not binging paid off. 80.7 kg this morning! Still too high and it´ll probably go back up a bit as soon as I start moving again but still a good sight better than the 83.3 I saw ten days ago...
That's so great LaMa!

I think no work place ever feels perfect (well i've never had one that was anyhow) so we just have to prioritize what's most important I think. You're present workpplace sounds overall really good and you sound happy for the most part (not like that last place you worked) so that's all really positive.

Getting proper sleeps can just be hard no matter.

That tofu dish sounds delicious to me. I like tofu and haven't used tempeh much but now you have me wanting to try that and see if I like it even better because I generally do love fermented things.

I really like both tempeh and tofu, but I know the feeling of "hngh I could really go for something else", especially when I feel emotionally off balance. I think it's because in my mind, meat is associated with (the rare) safe childhood experiences. Maybe a bit off topic, but as we both struggle with binging, and are exploring the emotional roots of it, this just sprung to my mind.

Haha, I can relate to being horrified about the idea of having to manage employees. I can barely manage myself while being outside the workforce, running a business sounds worse than participating in a cage fight to the death. At least that would be over quickly :jump:

I think no work place ever feels perfect (well i've never had one that was anyhow) so we just have to prioritize what's most important I think. You're present workpplace sounds overall really good and you sound happy for the most part (not like that last place you worked) so that's all really positive.
Very true. And there will always be some tension between employer and employee.
That tofu dish sounds delicious to me. I like tofu and haven't used tempeh much but now you have me wanting to try that and see if I like it even better because I generally do love fermented things.
I remember having it as a teen and HATING it but the brand I get here even smells delicious right out of the packaging. Really it just needs salt. Works crumbled as a replacement for ground meat, cubed/marinated and fried crispy, or even just grated into a dish for an unobtrusive protein boost. It may just be this brand though: two of my three vegetarian sisters like tofu and dislike tempeh (I haven't asked the third).
I think it's because in my mind, meat is associated with (the rare) safe childhood experiences. Maybe a bit off topic, but as we both struggle with binging, and are exploring the emotional roots of it, this just sprung to my mind.
I was thankfully never physically unsafe as a child but I was super anxious and food was one of the focuses of my anxiety. Meat and potatoes were safe. I had some trouble chewing meat sometimes but those were the two things I knew I could get down even if I felt bad so they never made me puke (which happened a lot if I got too anxious about having to eat something).

I offer, for your viewing pleasure, a review of the coldest, most wasteful, soulless house on the planet. They literally don't show a single thing I'd want to have. Even what I can see of the "garden" doesn't appeal to me. And the guy who designed it (color me sceptical: those types will say they designed something when really they just wrote a list of demands for their architect) dares to talk about sustainability! It upset me so I must share.

I hope the "girl" Niles is having over will marry him, he'll have an accident, and the grieving widow will donate the house to Planned Parenthood. Yuck!!

Meat and potatoes were also my safe food in childhood.

I hope that you are feeling recovered from your shot. I compliment you on avoiding binging while bored. Good job!

Hi LaMa - so sorry I stressed you out about work. Glad you mostly like it there! I only dislike old tofu that starts tasting soy bean-y. I find tempeh a bit strong tasting. It could just be the different brands. I didn't listen to the video with audio on on the obscenely huge and sterile house, but a sustainable golf course on the roof is so laughable. The whole thing looks like some corporate headquarters for some highly uncreative company flaunting their wealth. I agree with Cate about how well you are doing!

I hope the "girl" Niles is having over will marry him, he'll have an accident, and the grieving widow will donate the house to Planned Parenthood. Yuck!!
The way he talked about his ex-wife (met her during the pandemic and divorced already?!) and this "girl" (like she was interviewing for the position or something) he´s probably a real catch as a partner. Yuck indeed.
I hope that you are feeling recovered from your shot. I compliment you on avoiding binging while bored. Good job!
Thank you! I did allow myself some extra on Saturday but thankfully it didn´t get out of hand.
You are doing really well, LaMa. It's great that a few of us have got back on track( & others staying on it). I must seek out Rob again today & see how he's going, xo
Thanks Cate. I hope Rob is doing well and his hands just need a bit of rest still but I´m afraid the forced inactivity may have led him astray.
so sorry I stressed you out about work
No worries: you can´t know what stresses me out.
I only dislike old tofu that starts tasting soy bean-y. I find tempeh a bit strong tasting.
For me all tofu tastes beany. And not in a good way. So I´m just going to stop trying to force it. Had the second portion for lunch today, will finish the rest tomorrow, and then we´re done.

Exercise was strenuous today and I´m quite sore right now but otherwise it was a good day.

Exercise was strenuous today and I´m quite sore right now but otherwise it was a good day.
Good for you, hon xo

Back