Llama

Is there any chance of your shifts being changed LaMa so that you don't do a late & then an early next day? They must know that you are willing to be a bit flexible & are reliable. I hope your sore throat disappears overnight, hon xo

Nope, the only way to get late shifts that aren't as late is to do early shifts that aren't as early and that just messes up my eating times. We don't have a lunch break, just a couple of short buffers for delays that aren't at set times and can mostly disappear if people come in late, wait in the wrong place, or when planning messes things up. The best thing for me to do after late shifts would probably to run a bath right after, prep breakfast while it's running, and not look at my phone at all before bed.
Edit: 81.5 kg this morning. Slowly getting back to life.

It really stinks that you have such weird work hours. The bath idea sounds great for getting you relaxed and sleepy. Hope it works great! Hope you feel all better in the morning!!

I take this herbal tea some evenings when I need a little help unwinding. It is gentle relaxing tea, takes about a half hour to start kicking in, it might help you. It is called Relax by Triple Leaf Teas, which you can get online or at Vit Shoppe. I am really picky about my teas and I like this brand.

I hope you are feeling better this morning.

Thanks guys :) Feeling pretty decent right now. Arm is a little sore from the shot but I can really only feel it when I lift it all the way up. We'll see how it feels tomorrow. Right now I'm glad I ran this morning because I'm already annoyed about not being allowed to exercise for three days.
Fiera, thanks for the recommendation: I don't think I can get that brand here but there's an excellent tea store not too far from me which might have something similar.

Hi, LaMa. I drink sleepytime by Celestial Seasonings in the evening(I don't like straight chamomile.) I get it from iherb & I see they also stock the Relax by Triple Leaf. I might try it next order. The tea place near you will have something similar I think.
I really feel for you having to live with lockdown restrictions when you have done all of the right things. Unfortunately, people suffer because of those that don't do the smart thing. My fingers are crossed that the numbers will go back down quickly. You do well, hon to keep trying to be active & positive & to take good care of yourself :grouphug:

Thanks Cate (and Floater 🖖). I quite like chamomile, even on its own, but it doesn't make me sleepy at all :)
I had kind of hoped to have enough of a reaction to the shot to justify staying in bed today but so far it's still just the slightly sore arm. Oh well, better go to work then.

The lockdown must be so hard while living in a city. I really hope you can do nice soothing things the 3 days you can't exercise.

I love Sleeptime tea. I forgot about that. I think I'll get some, too.

Thanks all :grouphug: As long as I'm not allowed to do strenuous stuff the lockdown isn't too bad...

I basically just lay on the couch all day. (Ok, not during work.) Something went wrong with my Turkish course as well: waited thirty minutes for the teacher to start and she just didn't show up so I gave up and had a nap instead. Turns out she started 40 minutes late... Oh well: life is too short to spend it wsiting for people. Beside which I have a slight fever so rest is better anyway. Will see how I feel tomorrow morning and if it's not completely gone I'll stay home. Called Planner already to forewarn her I may not show up. But I think it'll be ok.

It does sound like you have had a reaction to your 3rd shot, hon. Please stay home from work if you're feeling off-colour still in the morning :grouphug:

Working such different shifts from day to day would really wear on me. I hope you can find your sleep fix. My sleep sucks and I have terrible habits I just keep doing even though I know it's interfering with sleep.

Thanks all. Taking the advice and staying in bed. Feel bad because I'm probably well enough to work if I took public transport rather than walking but then I'd also feel bad sitting up/standing for 6 hours trying to concentrate so why not pick the option where I won't be destroyed afterwards.

Thanks Cate. I still feel guilty! Just a bit light-headed rn but otherwise I'm feeling pretty ok. Extra sleep is the best.

Just past 3 pm and I´m feeling fine again. Was too tired to cook real food by the end of the morning so I just had cheese and crackers and I was VERY tempted to keep eating after. So I put 4 small hotwings into the airfryer. Which helped, but then I really wanted chocolate. Thankfully I still had frozen mango cubes and a protein pudding so I had those rather than going to the store while crave-y, which would have been a recipe for a full-on binge. Probably overate by 500 kcal or so but that´s way better than a binge. Not sure what I´ll have for dinner yet.

I agree, it sounds like it was really good you rested and stayed home. And so good you didn't binge. Do you think you eat more when feeling tired? I definitely do.

Do you think you eat more when feeling tired? I definitely do.
Definitely. Tired, sad, anxious, bored, frustrated... All the unpleasant emotions, really. And sometimes the positive ones 🙈

I´m booooooooooored! Which is a good sign, I guess. I also cooked a quick dinner and my legs are no longer wobbly so that´s all the conformation I need. Will skip family exercise tomorrow (well, not really: I´ll still play gym instructor) just to be on the safe side but I will go for a short walk in the afternoon.

I drank too much diet Pepsi today to distract myself from the possibility of binging. Now I can't sleep even though my body is exhausted. Great job.

Back