Llama

Not sure the bus/cart HAS wheels at this point. It may be a sedan with me as the only runner. But hey: that's got to burn some calories, right?

Well the sedan chair carrying did not take me to the gym this morning but it did take me to get a haircut and it did get me to cook. Chicken salad with airfried potatoes for breakfast, lentil stew for lunch, bean mash wraps for dinner. And protein pudding with added fruit for in-between. Had a 90 kcal ice lolly for my morning snack. Really looking forward to my lunch!

did not take me to the gym this morning but it did take me to get a haircut and it did get me to cook

Good for you, LaMa! I think these activities go a long way toward improving our health and a lot more than we sometimes realize. It's action more than anything IMO and getting into a bigger life. I hope the haircut has helped you feel that much better about yourself. :)

Having a haircut can make me feel like a superwoman! I am really in need of a haircut. Good for you getting so organised with your food, LaMa xoxo

The haircut definitely helped with my mood. Meals were good today as well, sadly I also had way too much chocolate again. Walked 12 km or so and got myself a library card for the first time in probably 12 years. Will go to the main library tomorrow morning and see if they have Turkish language kids´ books. I need something to practice with that isn´t just memorizing my notes.

I love being able to order books from the library online & then have them delivered to our local library. I almost always have some on the way. Your system might be similar.

got myself a library card for the first time in probably 12 years.
Oh that just gives me such an excited feeling. It's funny I can't read lately at all but libraries have always been such a big part of my life and I associate them with such joy. Makes me want to go visit mine and find a book! I don't think I've ever been without a library card!

Glad your haircut lifted your spirits and nice work on getting such a good amount of walking in!

I love being able to order books from the library online & then have them delivered to our local library. I almost always have some on the way. Your system might be similar.
It is, but the main library is only about 3 km further away than the one I visited yesterday so I might as well go there myself.
Have fun exploring the library. I haven’t been in one since Covid hit but need to go back.
Thanks! Libraries are the best. It´s just such a joy to not have to worry about if books are "worth it" in money, ink, or paper.
Oh that just gives me such an excited feeling. It's funny I can't read lately at all but libraries have always been such a big part of my life and I associate them with such joy.
I´ve been struggling to read as well but being in the library yesterday made me feel so happy so maybe I´ll finally be able to get back to it.

I did not end up going to the library today, because... I had no pants. I currently have three pairs or jeans that´ll fit my expanded backside and belly and they were all in the wash. So I did laundry instead. And my homework for Turkish class. Oh, and I ran. Also started prepping an eggplant to add to tomorrow´s breakfast wraps but forgot about it while the pieces were sitting in the colander, salted and dripping, and only remembered when I was on my way out the door to go to work. So I transferred the whole thing to the fridge and dried and airfried them after getting home. I may be a bit scatter-brained today... Did a bit of strength stuff before work, too so I´m good for exercise today.

Well done on the run. I have so many clothes that don’t fit since Covid hit. I’m sure we are not alone. Buy some cheap new ones if needed!

Nice job on the run and strengthening.
I may be a bit scatter-brained today.
Well I'm impressd at how well you can multi-task! I'm terrible for needing to do only one thing at a time so to fit in food prep, homework, exercise, laundry.... all while getting ready for work sounds pretty good to me!

Hi LaMaria! Funny you are talking about the library; I got my first card since childhood during the pandemic...I love that you can order things online from other locations and have them brought to a nearby branch....it gives me another reason to get out walking- to go pick them up!

Glad your day ended up ok, LaMa :grouphug:
:grouphug: Thanks Cate.
Well done on the run. I have so many clothes that don’t fit since Covid hit. I’m sure we are not alone. Buy some cheap new ones if needed!
We're definitely not alone! I did buy some new pants a while ago because the situation was getting dangerous for people sitting opposite me: I could've shot them with a button at any time. I'm good for tops as long as there aren't any fancy occasions and since we seem to be heading back into full lockdown...
Well I'm impressd at how well you can multi-task! I'm terrible for needing to do only one thing at a time so to fit in food prep, homework, exercise, laundry.... all while getting ready for work sounds pretty good to me!
:) Thanks! I'll try to give myself some more credit.
Hi LaMaria! Funny you are talking about the library; I got my first card since childhood during the pandemic...I love that you can order things online from other locations and have them brought to a nearby branch....it gives me another reason to get out walking- to go pick them up!
Hey Fiera, nice to see you drop by in my diary! My nearest libraries are 10 minutes away on foot (in opposite directions) and the third is 15 minutes, I think, so plenty of walk options :D

I was going to go to the library today but a friend called for psychohygiene and time just ran away from me. I did eat proper food and had a brown lentil/eggplant/leek/mushroom stew bubbling while we chatted so I have something filling and quick to grab for the next couple of days. Didn't do great in Turkish class but it was entertaining nonetheless. Prepped salami/mustard/veg wraps for tomorrow's breakfast and some pomegranate for my mid-morning protein pudding. Lunch will be Sichuan chicken/rice/veg and dinner should be lentil stew from the oven, topped with puff pastry.

Thanks! I'll try to give myself some more credit.
& so you should :)
Your food sounds absolutely delicious & nutritious as usual. Anything planned for the weekend, LaMa? It does sound like you will be in lockdown again soon. It has been hitting our news :( An outing to the zoo might be a good idea. Does it get shut down during lockdowns?

Thanks guys! Got given a big box of Belgian chocolates and almost opened it unthinkingly buuut I know myself and if I had I would've had horrible cravings. So I put them in the kitchen instead. And I went home and ate my chicken&rice.
Really enjoyed this. She compares different natural sweeteners that were hype products at some points.

Back