Llama

So instead I'm going to have some decent food and do better. I know my energy will be back if I can stick it out for five days. So... this work week.
Good for you!
And I still feel like a lazy slob when I have a rest day
That is really too bad. You totally deserve to have days spent on the couch at home. You are such an active person normally so it's nice if you can take a break without feeling bad about it.

Cheering you on here for the week, and the aim of eating well. Binge foods zap energy, for sure.
Thank you: they really do! And I know. Yet I still choose the short term over the long term...
That is really too bad. You totally deserve to have days spent on the couch at home. You are such an active person normally so it's nice if you can take a break without feeling bad about it.
Maybe that is something to work on. But it feels so wrong. I'll try to sit with that feeling for a bit. Not right now though because right now I'm furious. Remember I said I hadn't seen our (wild, strictly protected) hamsters for so long? Some absolute piece of shit killed them this winter. I could explode and I wish there was something I could do.

Oh, Llama. There is so much that is wrong in the world today (probably always has been, but now we hear all about it). I try to concentrate on my little part of the world & what I can do otherwise it's too depressing. I don't bury my head in the sand I just try to make a small difference in someone's world by offering kindness & by trying to be grateful for the life I have.
I have been a couch potato since I got home from Victoria but am trying not to give myself such a hard time about it. Be kinder to yourself, hon xoxo

Remember I said I hadn't seen our (wild, strictly protected) hamsters for so long? Some absolute piece of shit killed them this winter. I could explode and I wish there was something I could do.
I don't remember you mentioning them but after this post, I googled them.
Do you mean you had some near to you that someone killed? I can well imagine the anger you would be feeling! It feels so frustrating when something so innocent that humans have actually gone out of their way to protect, still gets killed. I know how upset I get when I see cats kill our birds!

I don't bury my head in the sand I just try to make a small difference in someone's world by offering kindness & by trying to be grateful for the life I have.
I know that's the only sensible thing to do but it's hard sometimes :grouphug:
I don't remember you mentioning them but after this post, I googled them.
Do you mean you had some near to you that someone killed?
Exactly. Apparently they'd decided they were "rats without tails" and had to go. They complained to the janitor first so it's not like they didn't know they're a protected species either (which I could otherwise see happening given how international the area is). It's just so cruel and unnecessary. And they're so cute! I honestly can't see why anyone would want to harm them.

Aw. Sorry about the hamsters. :(

Yeah, what is it with the choosing the short term thing (regarding food choices)? I do the same. I wondered whether it's just a question of practicing delayed gratification. But it's a complicated subject and intertwined with a whole host of other issues. Stress relief, past experiences and control issues, fatigue, body and brain chemistry, etc. Aargh.

So many issues. I sometimes wonder if it's even worth trying to understand them all. It just seems to turn into overthinking and then it stresses me out so much I want to binge. Probably need moderation there as well. The simple truth is that I need to learn to value myself enough to care about my health. I can still eat good food! It just takes a bit more effort and it won't lead to binge highs. But I'll be improving my chances of feeling good both now and in the future. No more heartburn (I never used to get heartburn but ever since the bumpy start to my allergy treatment it's been a regular guest). Comfortable pants. Easier movement. Happy knees. Happy gut. More self-respect. I'm already liking this person. Just need to remember they're in here somewhere.

Love your last post so much!! Ditto for me with my diet. I do think the combination of understanding one's patterns and having an emotional investment in one's well being are the most helpful for me. Balancing the head and the heart, I guess. I hope you really do see how valuable (and good) you are - we definitely all see it clearly!!

I like that person too. I have to remind myself to be that person when I get down. We are both harder on ourselves than anyone else would ever be. :grouphug:

Thanks Marsia and Cate. Feeling positive this morning. Slept well and had enough time to prep proper food. The weather will body temp today and I'm not looking forward to that but at least I'll be on the dark side of the building.

Comfortable pants. Easier movement. Happy knees. Happy gut. More self-respect. I'm already liking this person. Just need to remember they're in here somewhere.
Those are great reasons to keep up with the healthy plan. I hope you do like you in the present as well. I know I have certain ideals I strive for that I often fall short of, but I think we are all a little more lovable with that falling short of things as well...it makes us human!

Feeling positive this morning. Slept well and had enough time to prep proper food.
Sounds like a great beginning--hope the day went well!

Glad you are feeling positive, and I hope you stay cool!
Thanks Marsia. It was alright. Went to the Naschmarkt straight from work because I've been craving stick celery for days and the grocery store only has the healthy, green, bitter, soapy, fibrous version this time of year and I want my celery crunchy, juicy, self-blanched, and savory but not particularly outspoken. Also got some good ripe tomatoes.
Dinner is half a portion of egg fried rice&veggies (suck it, uncle Roger) with extra veggies and a bit of tofu making up the other half of the container. Will have the same for breakfast.
Those are great reasons to keep up with the healthy plan. I hope you do like you in the present as well. I know I have certain ideals I strive for that I often fall short of, but I think we are all a little more lovable with that falling short of things as well...it makes us human!
:p In that case I am very, very human. But I am feeling a bit better about things today and therefore less critical of myself. Which is nice!

Have to remember to go see my allergy doctor after work tomorrow because they're going on vacation and my prescription will run out before they return. And I really need to eat something before I go in or I'll be ravenous by the time I come back out and I'll stuff my face. So that's my resolution for tomorrow.

I wondered why some celery is so weird - I thought it was the soil it's grown in. I vastly prefer the kind you are wanting for snacks. I like the thing about being more lovable - I hope that's the case! Glad you could stay relatively cool and I hope it's not too bad going out to the allergy doctor. Are you through with that battery of allergy tests yet?

A craving for celery sticks--that sounds like some healthy cravings! I wonder if I've never had good celery as I've never craved it.
Nice one on getting some good tomatoes too!

I wondered why some celery is so weird - I thought it was the soil it's grown in. I vastly prefer the kind you are wanting for snacks.
A craving for celery sticks--that sounds like some healthy cravings! I wonder if I've never had good celery as I've never craved it.
I used to loathe celery but a couple of years ago when my skin was acting up my sister really wanted me to try the whole celery juice thing. (Influenced by Gwyneth Paltrow's Medical Medium or whatever the scammer calls himself.) I really didn't expect anything but I also didn't want to get into a whole discussion about it so I said I'd try it for two weeks. Which I did. Didn't fix my skin, of course, but it did rid me of my celery hate.
The watery, crunchy, pale sticks are so much better for raw eating!
I hope it's not too bad going out to the allergy doctor. Are you through with that battery of allergy tests yet?
I think I'm getting retested in fall. These visits are just to check in about the desensitization treatment and get me a new prescription for the mite poop tablets.

I love that crisp, juicy non-fibrous celery too, Llama. Unfortunately, I can never tell how it will be before I buy it. I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself today xoxo

Have to admit I am not crazy about celery, but never tried the juice. Towards the end of my year+ starvation diet I binged on celery a few times...
I don't have a juicer so I'd blend the bunch with a bit of water. A celery smoothy, if you will. Very foamy. Very gross, at least at first.
I love that crisp, juicy non-fibrous celery too, Llama. Unfortunately, I can never tell how it will be before I buy it. I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself today xoxo
Here the thick pale stalks are pretty much always good. The thinner darker ones are ALWAYS awful, although they may be fine in cooking.

Bladder woke me up 4 times tonight, even though I did most of my drinking in the morning and early afternoon and sweated a ton. That must mean I'm losing the bloat, which is funny because my period should start any minute now.

I'm glad you have a break between allergy testing times. I can't eat raw celery. The fiberous strands are too awful to eat, but I love it in soups.

Back