Llama

Well done, you :)

Thank you! I binged today. BUT I also killed it in Turkish class (thanks to a large glass of gin...) and I learned that döner (as in döner kebab) means "it spins". I like learning things that have no real practical use but which make me go "oh, that´s why!" Plus I will now never forget that dönmek is Turkish for "to spin".

So a good kebab is the ballerina of meat products? :p

Well done for slaying that Turkish class, and stay gentle about the binge, you have a lot going on so focus on the positives :grouphug:

Exactly! If ever someone tells us big people can't do ballet we'll remind them of the graceful döner kebab :p
I'm kind of tipsy rn so not blaming myself for anything - just revelling in my newfound conjugating superpowers :rotflmao: I bend? Bükerim. They extend? Uzatırlar. You (plural) lift? Kaldırırsınız. You (plural) lowered? Düşürüdünüz! I may be choosing verbs I hope my patients wil understand...

I'm kind of tipsy rn so not blaming myself for anything
Sober and sorry now 🙈 Only about the chocolate though. So to avoid blind repetition, especially since I didn't sleep well, I promise to have lunch and either a nap or a bath after work before considering sweets.

Thanks! It's online, which is a good thing given the spiking covid numbers. So far it's really fun, if a little chaotic.

I did have a bar of chocolate today but at least it was only one. And I ate lots of veggies.

I just had a look & the figures are awful, LaMa.
I'm glad you're enjoying Turkish classes. Well done on eating lots of veggies & stopping at one chocolate bar.

Thanks, Cate. Today's not going my way so far. Woke up at 5 am and couldn't get back to sleep so I went to the gym at 6. Dude looks at my proof of vaccination and notices it only shows one shot. Luckily I had pictures of my original yellow booklet in my phone (which shows both shots) but of course it made me super nervous so I went home after 15 minutes to check what went wrong. Spent over 40 minutes on two different help lines only to end up with the wrong email address to use for making changes. Ok, in that case I'll try their option B: go to one of the vaccination locations to show them my paperwork in person. I walk half an hour, get in line because there's no way to just ask an official, and after 15 minutes they tell us they're not even open yet and won't open for another 30 minutes 🤦‍♀️ Why no signs with the official opening times when you have the doors open already??? At this point I want to strangle the dude waiting in line behind me, who's loudly and incessantly complaining about the fascistic government forcing him to get vaccinated (they're not; they're just making it inconvenient for him not to be vaccinated) so... I gave up. I'll just carry my yellow booklet everywhere for 10 days and get it changed when I get my third shot. I'm tired, I'm annoyed, and I don't want to binge to make it better.
Edited to add: couldn't even get booked un for a haircut to make things better.

Last edited:
Thanks, Floater. I was sooo frustrated and tired and grouchy this morning! So I ranted at a friend who said she was on her way to the zoo and if I´d like to come, too. Really I wanted to say no because I wanted to dig myself in and - admittedly - binge. But I said yes and it was nice. We had mulled wine (it was cold today), vented about the frustration of having vaccine opponents at work, and looked at the polar bears being silly. Ended up walking 10-12 km (between the walk to the vaccination place and back and walking home from the zoo) even though it´s a miserable, awfully dark day. Did eat a bar of chocolate after getting home though. I think I should´ve worn an extra layer. Didn´t feel cold but I was sluggish and my muscles felt stiff. Stopping after one bar was a big struggle but I think I´m out of the woods for today. Will have an early night for sure.

Thanks all! I done effed up today. Wiped out and unmotivated so... I just stayed on the couch. And ate chocolate. Did eat proper meals with plenty of veg (currently having a giant chicken salad which contains only 90 g of actual chicken) so I guess that´s something. Definitely still gaining weight this way though.

The wheels have not come off the cart yet! Start again tomorrow.

Back