Llama

Yes I think the plant ID apps are a good tool but need to be used alongside some other tools...they have helped me narrow some things down, but yeah it's not just a point and shoot and it will tell you what it is...
Meeting with the boss and all therapists after work tomorrow (meetings are always overtime, because reasons) and it promises to be volatile so I'm super stressed. Probably one of the reasons I couldn't sleep over the weekend and part of why my binge urges are currently so high.
I hope once you get the meeting over with that will help bring the stress and binge urges down. Hard to deal with stress in healthy ways sometimes.

I hope once you get the meeting over with that will help bring the stress and binge urges down. Hard to deal with stress in healthy ways sometimes.
I hope so as well, because right now I'm kind of a mess. We'll see how it goes... Fingers crossed I'll get some decent sleep tonight.

Hope you got a good night's sleep and the meeting goes well.

Thanks for the info on the plant identifier, I'll see if I can find one. Should be useful when and if the snow melts...

Thanks Cate, I hope so. Rob, if the snow doesn't melt we'll all have bigger fish to fry than the reliability of plant ID apps!

Planner kept bugging me to do "just one!" extra patient in between the end of my normal work day and the start of our bloody meeting (instead of, y'know, having lunch or something) and I was feeling like crap already so I ended up going home instead of staying at all. Will probably get shit for it tomorrow but I. don't. care. anymore.

Planner kept bugging me to do "just one!" extra patient in between the end of my normal work day and the start of our bloody meeting (instead of, y'know, having lunch or something) and I was feeling like crap already so I ended up going home instead of staying at all.
Well good for you going home. That is so frustrating to be asked to give more and more...good plan to create burnout in employees!

Thanks Liza and Vic. Was very tempted to binge today but had a nap and an extra 0.33 l Pepsi Max instead. I will get back into my healthy groove and I will get my energy back.

Planner kept bugging me to do "just one!" extra patient in between the end of my normal work day and the start of our bloody meeting (instead of, y'know, having lunch or something) and I was feeling like crap already so I ended up going home instead of staying at all. Will probably get shit for it tomorrow but I. don't. care. anymore.
I don't blame you.
Was very tempted to binge today but had a nap and an extra 0.33 l Pepsi Max instead. I will get back into my healthy groove and I will get my energy back.
Well done, Llama xo

Thanks Cate, Rob, and Jojo. I just slept another 9 hours so I guess I may have been a little tired... Having frozen grapes instead of breakfast right now because I couldn't be bothered to eat real food yet and not eating never leads to anything good for me. Plus the cold and the high water content are starting to wake me up so with a bit of luck I'll soon find the motivation to get up off this couch and start food prep for lunch and dinner.

Thanks Cate, Rob, and Jojo. I just slept another 9 hours so I guess I may have been a little tired... Having frozen grapes instead of breakfast right now because I couldn't be bothered to eat real food yet and not eating never leads to anything good for me. Plus the cold and the high water content are starting to wake me up so with a bit of luck I'll soon find the motivation to get up off this couch and start food prep for lunch and dinner.

Your welcome ! omg 9 hours idk when i slept that long ....it must feel amazing

frozen grapes are delicious (going to go put that on my grocery list to buy tomorrow ) - not frozen just grapes lol

Hope you have a great day

Jojo

I'm always kind of scared I won't sleep at night if I nap but yesterday I just crashed.

I did well today and I prepped breakfast for tomorrow even though I didn't feel like it. Will have sushi for lunch and cook a batch of something for dinner. Probably lentil stew, then I can have another portion for lunch on Friday and "make" (ie just heat up the store-bought sous-vided roast, then shred) pulled pork for Friday's dinner. Gotta make good use of the cold time of year: I'm sure it'll be too hot to turn on the oven again before I know it.

Edited to add: I had to flat-out sprint for a green light today and not a prep from my Achilles' tendon. Yay me! So now all that's keeping me from getting running again is inertia.

Last edited:
Thankfully the flak dispenser wasn't on duty when I was and our theoretical (nolens volens) head therapist saw me on my way out on Tuesday so she knows how I was doing. I think I'll be alright!
The one big disadvantage of not binging: I get so hungry during the change back! I'll try honoring that hunger in a healthyish way to reduce the risk of relapsing. Get All The Protein in.

Sounds like you're really getting back on track. Excellent about your achilles tendon being ok with the sprint--I googled achilles tendonitis and sounds really similar to plantar fasciitis--we're injury buddies :) May we be fully recovered buddies soon enough!

They are very similar but my issue is on the proximal end of the tendon. Either way: stupid tendon issues taking forever to go away completely!

Put some music on while I was cooking and for the duration of one song I was fully back in my groove. Definitely worth working for.

My bit of folklore for the people who haven't had dinner yet: if you have (spring) green soup today and it includes stinging nettles you'll have good luck for the upcoming year. The only nettles I can get here are from parks, where they mostly indicate where humans or dogs like to pee so I'm taking my chances on a year without extra luck.

Back