Llama

The walk sounds lovely. So nice to be coming into spring to include some of those nice long walks with nice sit-down snack breaks too. I find timing walks kind of impossible. I find it interesting the variety of time spent depending on my company, (if I am walking with speedy walkers or slow meandering ones) or even my own mood if I'm alone...I tend to meander slowly through beautiful areas and go a bit speedier through not so beautiful ones...Nice to hear the scale is continuing to drop as well!

That’s great that you went for a long walk. I think I might do one later today.
Very happy with myself. I hope that'll make it easier to get out again next time.
So nice to be coming into spring to include some of those nice long walks with nice sit-down snack breaks too.
One of the nice things about this area is that there are benches everywhere. And you generally don't have to walk for more than an hour (often less) to get to the next forest café either. There was also an abundance of spring flowers in bloom today, so it really felt like things were coming alive again.

I am envious of the benches everywhere. Even in town on the river walk, there are very few benches. Enjoy your spring, Llama & share it with is. We have the fire going this morning.

I am envious of the benches everywhere. Even in town on the river walk, there are very few benches. Enjoy your spring, Llama & share it with is. We have the fire going this morning.
In city centers I feel like benches are almost unwelcome because they allow people to sit down and rest somewhere without spending money.
I wore my winter coat again for yesterday's evening walk even though I had to take off my summer jacket on my way up the mountain in the morning. But then that's how spring ought to be. None of this 30 degrees by April nonsense for me please.
I like the sound of that a lot too. Are the trails busy with people?
On Sunday, around lunchtime, when the weather is nice, in places you can get close to by car... very. But earlier in the day or more than an hour away from the nearest parking spot you're generally fine.

Had a pretty good shift today, although I'm knackered now. One kind of expected-but-forgotten side effect of drinking less of the artificially sweetened black gold is that things don't seem to move through me as quickly as they normally do. Which is a good thing in general, because they tend to move very quickly indeed and that probably isn't great for nutrient absorption, but it's also a little uncomfortable. I drink all the water, eat around one and half times the minimum recommended daily amount of fiber, and move a lot, so I guess part of it is just my gut getting used to the changes, but to make that process a little easier I think I'll add some extra fat into my diet as well. Soaking some chia seeds for tomorrow afternoon and I'll probably add some cashews and/or fruit. Will that slow down my weightloss? Maybe, or maybe it'll replace other snacks. Either way I've been missing my seeds and nuts lately, so I think it makes sense.

I only wish I wasn't limited to the expensive ones! It would be so convenient to have peanuts, almonds, or hazelnuts. Oh well 🤷‍♀️ That does remind me someone told me pumpkin seeds are easier to digest when you soak them for 48 hours. Might as well try that. I prefer most nuts and seeds soaked anyway. Although now that I think about it I'm not sure if any of the one I can have are technically nuts rather than seeds 🤔 Oh: brazil nuts! Pretty sure those are actual nuts.

I was very hungry today. Or cravy, probably. Had a substantial lunch but still had chips afterward. And chocolate. All in all I went over plan by 100g of lentil chips and 5 chocolate toffees. Not a disaster, but something to keep an eye on. It was also my first Tuesday without Pepsi Max, which I didn't realize until 10 minutes ago is probably related. I tend to be exhausted after a late shift on Monday and an early one on Tuesday so next week I need to plan some other kind of comfort. Or just a nap right after lunch. Oh, and I have my dermatology check-up tomorrow, which isn't physically painful but does involve standing under bright lights butt-naked while someone studies every square centimeter of my skin and it's... uncomfortable. So that probably played a role as well. I can't wait for Star Trek's medical scanners...

Oh, I would find a stark naked dermatology check-up very uncomfortable, Lama :eek: Good for you doing it though. It's time I went for another. The woman I saw last time is booked out months ahead but I felt comfortable with her. I must ring & make an ap't.

The dude I've been seeing for the past couple of years looks dead inside and it somehow helps :D
My stomach is NOT impressed with my overeating and somehow the inside of my bones is itching. Like I don't even want to scratch because it isn't the skin but much deeper down. Maddening! And probably a good thing: it means my body is no longer used to larger amounts of unhealthy food and it's protesting. I'll try to remember the feeling for the next temptation.

Rescheduled my appointment after I waited for over an hour and, upon asking, was informed I'd be waiting for around another half-hour. Which would put me right at the edge of mayyybe still making it to work on time if I took public transport rather than walking but I also didn't have a great deal of confidence in their estimate given that they were still telling new arrivals the total waiting time would be 40-45 minutes. I don't need that kind of stress so I'm trying again in three weeks, when I should be the first patient of the day. Was plenty stressed even before that because I'm trying to get some government paperwork stuff done which requires PHONECALLS 🤮 so I'd already spent an hour waiting for two nice ladies to tell me they couldn't help me but they might know who could. Honestly: sometimes work is the least stressful part of my day. I maxed out my allowance of 100g of sweets today but I did not proceed to binge so I'm still happy with myself. Didn't even get an extra bottle of Pepsi to ease the pain, although I did resort to picking up two stuffed half-baguettes for lunch and dinner rather than prepping wraps. Honestly I'm kind of proud I had lentil casserole for breakfast instead of cheese, crackers, and salami, which is what I wanted to have. Dear lord my stress hormones were out of control this morning! Should be good now though.

Oh dear. Hope your back is better quick. Yes stress sure can spread through the body quickly! I hope you find your calm again...sucks about that appt being so late that you had to re-schedule. It's always good to get that stuff over with rather than postponed.

Thanks Liza, much better now. Stomach not too impressed with the amount of simple carbs I had today but it's not too bad either and I'll be back to eating normally come breakfast time. Thankfully I found time this morning, in between my episodes of freaking out, to make bean mash and go grocery shopping. So breakfast prep should be done before the bath tub fills up. Almost home!

Thanks Cate ❤️
I got the call-back from the thing I couldn't get done yesterday because nobody had the authorization needed and when I answered the phone I was put into wait again! For 30 minutes. When I was already feeling murderous. So that was fun. But I stayed polite and explained my position to yet another callcenter employee without the correct authorization. They genuinely tried to solve the issue but ended up asking me to send an email for it. Which I did. And I the confirmation notice I got said it might take a couple of weeks for them to get to my message because they're very busy. Oh well: at this point I don't care if the issue doesn't get resolved and I lose a bit of money over it. Money isn't worth having a stroke over. And either way I won't have to think about it for a while, so all in all I'm feeling a lot calmer than I have in the past week or so.

It was, but the good part of the week is coming up and the pollen count should come down from its sky high current state over the weekend. Mostly because the temperature is about to drop by 10-15 degrees but that's just nornal March madness.

That does sound like a frustrating series of phone calls and emails! But good you got it done and can just leave it be now.
Do you have any esp fun plans for the weekend?

Back