Liza

Hi Liza-the biggest thing that help with my PF really was stretching my feet. I found some rather short (10-15) minute yoga videos on YouTube that were specific to people with PF. I also have found a brand of shoes that works very well for me, it is called Vionic. They make all kinds of shoes, not just athletic shoes.

My feet don't hurt when I do what can best be described as a slow jog, but unfortunately my cardio stamina is not where it was, so now that is more the problem. I also use an elliptical machine, which I think is a good way to get my cardio in without too much stress on my body, so I think getting a bike is a great idea! And it does sound like you are on the path to healing with your feet as well! 😊

"My days have stayed active and nicely busy (rather than stressful busy)"
That all sounds so good, Liza. Look out for bears!
:) No bears last walk--i can see that everyone on the trails is being more cautious which is a good thing. When the mamas are coming out with their cubs you want to be sure to give them their space!
Hi Liza-the biggest thing that help with my PF really was stretching my feet. I found some rather short (10-15) minute yoga videos on YouTube that were specific to people with PF. I also have found a brand of shoes that works very well for me, it is called Vionic. They make all kinds of shoes, not just athletic shoes.

My feet don't hurt when I do what can best be described as a slow jog, but unfortunately my cardio stamina is not where it was, so now that is more the problem. I also use an elliptical machine, which I think is a good way to get my cardio in without too much stress on my body, so I think getting a bike is a great idea! And it does sound like you are on the path to healing with your feet as well! 😊
Thanks Jenefer! Yes the stretching does seem to help so I've been way more mindful of that. they say there's often a link between calf tightness and PF too so I'm really staying on top of that. It's heartening to hear your feet are better now. My 'runs' are always slow jogs :)

I was so happy for my last walk-run on Saturday. It was definitely my best session yet. It started out bad with my whole body feeling like it couldn't run at all, but found my rhythm and it went really well. Went longer than I planned which always puts me on edge in fear that I will pay for it later, but no pain again...so I'm feeling very hopeful! And even that being a walk-run session i definitely felt some of the old joy at a pretty good run :)
Normally I would try for another walk-run today but i have a big walk with a friend planned for tomorrow so I'm not sure...2 days of too much foot work may not be a good idea...we'll see.

The bikes I was going to look at sold before I got to see them...so no bike yet...

Gardening continues. Worked on another section yesterday, defining the pathways more by lining them with old wood we have around. It's really looking beautiful.

Food choices are remaining to be not too bad but yesterday I did have both pizza and ice cream...but that's not an everyday thing and i did have a healthy supper.

Your Saturday walk/run sounds good, Liza as does your gardening/landscaping. It's a pity about the bikes being sold, but I'm sure there will be more. Have a lovely walk with your friend xo

I was so happy for my last walk-run on Saturday. It was definitely my best session yet. It started out bad with my whole body feeling like it couldn't run at all, but found my rhythm and it went really well. Went longer than I planned which always puts me on edge in fear that I will pay for it later, but no pain again...so I'm feeling very hopeful! And even that being a walk-run session i definitely felt some of the old joy at a pretty good run :)
This is fantastic Liza, there really is nothing like getting in that running zone for a good workout! Yay for a pain free run! :hurray:

Thanks @Cate , @Emilyrose and @Jenefer

Had maybe an over-active day yesterday...by the end of the day, my feet were absolutely aching and my whole body just felt so tired. Just too much time on my feet. That long walk in the morning followed by my usual routine had me on my feet all day. I was wishing I had a bathtub for a good soak, but the evening spent lying around on the couch and then a good night's sleep was pretty good for recovery. Did my yoga this morning and could still feel so much tension in my muscles though. Today promises to be more restful over all though.

It was a nice walk with my friend though--haven't seen her in a while so it was really nice to catch up and the trails were lovely. We were a little concerned about bears as we did see a few signs of them around...but no sightings--i'm sure all our laughing and chatting warned them off...

Yes Cate i really hope the right bike shows up soon...I'm a little tempted on one that doesn't look great but I'm kind of wondering of I could make it work...not a lot of used ones listed around here that would fit me...
As Emily says MANIFEST! :)
Yes jenefer--looking forward to getting back to those lovely good long runs again one day!

Try not to settle for a bike that you won't feel really good about, Liza. I find those "that will do" situations very unsatisfactory. Something that catches your eye will come along. MANIFEST :D

Did my yoga this morning and could still feel so much tension in my muscles though. Today promises to be more restful over all though.

It was a nice walk with my friend though--haven't seen her in a while so it was really nice to catch up and the trails were lovely. We were a little concerned about bears as we did see a few signs of them around...but no sightings--i'm sure all our laughing and chatting warned them off...

As Emily says MANIFEST! :)
I really need to add some yoga back in to my routine, I think it can do wonders. Admittedly sometimes my mind is a bit to 'on' for yoga, but I think it would also be good to practice that! Glad you enjoyed catching up with your friend, it is really nice to click with someone like that! I really do love how Em says that! Em you have given us all a catch phrase!! :)

Try not to settle for a bike that you won't feel really good about, Liza. I find those "that will do" situations very unsatisfactory. Something that catches your eye will come along. MANIFEST :D
I hope so Cate...i am looking at yet another one that seems to be more what I am looking for. It is pricier but would be worth it if it's a better fit for the long-term.
I really need to add some yoga back in to my routine, I think it can do wonders. Admittedly sometimes my mind is a bit to 'on' for yoga, but I think it would also be good to practice that! Glad you enjoyed catching up with your friend, it is really nice to click with someone like that! I really do love how Em says that! Em you have given us all a catch phrase!! :)
Yeah I find yoga really good. i sort of do it in combo with qi gong as well which I also find really good. I find putting on some gentle music with it helps my mind settle into it.

I was due for a walk-run yesterday but didn't get to it. The day was too full as it was. So it goes. I am often priortizing the garden now when it comes down to a choice between the two. I've got a bad pain in my shoulder/neck area. Not sure what I did. I actually had to take a pain killer to sleep.
I am really sliding with my food choices...too much junk...i need to get back on track...so that will be the goal....maybe a good grocery shop is in order!

Haha, I am loving all the manifesting going on. Hold out for the right bike is what I would say.

Sorry to hear you're in pain with your shoulder and neck, that's so annoying. I hope it eases soon. x

Have you been lifting anything heavy in the garden, Liza? I hope that the pain goes away quickly xo

Oh Liza, that is no fun at all! I have had that issue many times. For me it usually means too much time on the computer working. I actually bought what looks like a pull-up bar station. I found hanging from it helps, I don't even really have to hang just kind of grab the bar and bend my knees until I feel the stretch. I started off doing that at the playground, but it worked so well I bought the bar. Feel better soon!!

Thanks Emily--i will try and hold out for the right bike. I'm terrible with decisions. I think I found the right one and was determined to just get it if it looks as good as the pictures do, but now I'm back to hesitating. The bike looks almost too nice so then I would be worried about it getting stolen, whereas if i went for a junkier one, I wouldn't have that concern...we'll see...I'm going to see if i can rearrange my place that I could easily fit it inside so that at least it wouldn't get stolen from my yard...i just hate cramping my place up more...I'm also looking at what I could do to make a secure outdoor locking system.

Have you been lifting anything heavy in the garden, Liza? I hope that the pain goes away quickly xo
No heavy lifting, but I am wondering if maybe there was some movements while working that stressed it...I just feel like every day it's a new ache and pain lately. For those 3 years or whatever while running, my body felt so strong and good. Now it just feels like it's one thing after another. I'm wondering if it's because running was such a good stress relief, or was it just the movement allowing my alignment to naturally fix itself...anyways hopefully things start realigning once I get back to running again.

Oh Liza, that is no fun at all! I have had that issue many times. For me it usually means too much time on the computer working. I actually bought what looks like a pull-up bar station. I found hanging from it helps, I don't even really have to hang just kind of grab the bar and bend my knees until I feel the stretch. I started off doing that at the playground, but it worked so well I bought the bar. Feel better soon!!
Yeah I think neck/shoulder issues seem very common especially for people at a computer all day. I had been actually looking at a pull up bar station a while back but decided against it...but I suppose i could go hang at the playground sometimes :) I had been intending to do that regularly to build up to chinups but I dropped that idea as I just can't be bothered going down there to do it.

OK guys, I feel like I really have to start getting back on track. Get back to losing. 146 again on the scale. And I feel like I will continue to gain if I don't watch it...I did do a good grocery shop yesterday and got all sorts of lovely fruits and veggies. I know the best idea is for me to track calories again in cronometer at least a few days each week. So that'll be my goal this week--track at least 3 days.

I have never been able to do a chinup in my entire life! Liza it does sound like your physical fitness level and goals are both really good. Even if you can't be bothered with the playground. When I go there it is very early in the morning when no one else is around :) Like you I think I need to get a bit more down to business with things, just a bit afraid I will freak myself out!

I need to get down to business again too, but (sook, whinge) "It's so hard" :svengo:
Ooh, get the nice bike, Liza. How good would it be to have a bike you love?

A lady at work just put up one of those bars and she said they are meant to be very good for your spine.

I would get the nice bike. You deserve it. x

I have never been able to do a chinup in my entire life! Liza it does sound like your physical fitness level and goals are both really good. Even if you can't be bothered with the playground. When I go there it is very early in the morning when no one else is around :) Like you I think I need to get a bit more down to business with things, just a bit afraid I will freak myself out!
Yeah I thought the chinups would be a good goal to focus on as my arms are usually so weak. I must say though lately they seem very strong--I think a combo of doing the strength training with the resistance bands and now adding in the gardening. I have dropped the resistance band workouts lately (i think because I am getting so much gardening in,) but I think i will get back to that now that most of the heavy gardening is done...

I need to get down to business again too, but (sook, whinge) "It's so hard" :svengo:
Ooh, get the nice bike, Liza. How good would it be to have a bike you love?
I know Cate-- It is so hard! But we can do it!
Well on the one hand it would be lovely to have a bike I love, but not if it's going to cause me too much worry about it getting stolen...If I didn't have that worry I would just go for the more expensive one. Good news is I think I may have found a middle ground. Nice looking bike, much cheaper so won't worry about it as much...We'll see--I look at that one today...

A lady at work just put up one of those bars and she said they are meant to be very good for your spine.

I would get the nice bike. You deserve it. x
Thanks Emily :) Yeah if I could attach just a bar inside here that would be great...I would be too afraid to attach anything that would possibly take my wall down when hanging on it though...But something good for the spine and neck and shoulders would be great...maybe just need to get to the playground!

Well feeling pretty good. Got out for a walk-run yesterday--increased the running interval to a 2:1 and that went well. Oh that felt so good as I feel I am finally on the mend and that hopefully soon will be back to my regular running routine. I only did about 20 mins of the walk-run session, then did about another hour of walking--half of that through my beautiful trail areas. So peaceful and lovely. I admit I get a bit scared when I am not seeing other humans as I do worry more abt running into bears then, but usually i can let go of the fear and just enjoy the walk.

Definitely doing better with food choices these past few days. I haven't recorded any though, so that will be my goal for today.

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my...

I would not do well in a more dangerous country. Haha. We don't even have wolves in Ireland anymore.

Glad you are feeling good and doing better with the food.

Austrian hunters are very keen on shooting anything that moves in the forest so it's not wildlife I'm most worried about :p I'd be very nervous in areas with large predators!
Great to hear your arms are feeling so much stronger 🥳

Yeah I thought the chinups would be a good goal to focus on as my arms are usually so weak. I must say though lately they seem very strong--I think a combo of doing the strength training with the resistance bands and now adding in the gardening. I have dropped the resistance band workouts lately (i think because I am getting so much gardening in,) but I think i will get back to that now that most of the heavy gardening is done...
That is interesting, I never realized gardening could be such a good workout! Good to know!
Thanks Emily :) Yeah if I could attach just a bar inside here that would be great...I would be too afraid to attach anything that would possibly take my wall down when hanging on it though...But something good for the spine and neck and shoulders would be great...maybe just need to get to the playground!
My bar doesn't attach to a wall, like you I was afraid to do that. It is more like a 'station' you can also work your abs, you put your arms/elbows on these parts that 'stick' out and lift your knees. And then there is also the bar for the pull-ups. BUT the playground does work too!
Well feeling pretty good. Got out for a walk-run yesterday--increased the running interval to a 2:1 and that went well. Oh that felt so good as I feel I am finally on the mend and that hopefully soon will be back to my regular running routine.
I know exactly how you feel about this, for me when I was a decent runner, I just felt so healthy! Good for you Liza, I am glad you are on your way there!!!

Back