Liza

I'll miss if you leave for a while but I've had forum fatigue before so I do understand. Take care either way.

Thanks for letting us know, Liza that you may take a break. I understand totally if you do xo

I mean, to me you seem in a great place with your weight, overall health and fitness. So maybe something else needs your focus now.

Yes I think I will try and just drop by more casually and not sit here reporting numbers and stuff for now...it would be nice to keep in touch on here at least.
I have a stressful matter with my apartment that needs some focus right now so that's fun...but other than that and dealing with all the anxiety that results in, I am going to make an effort to get some healthy meals and healthy movement in.

Oh dear, apartment stuff is never fun. Best of luck with that! Concentrating on making healthy choices while things are stressful sounds very sensible. Always nice to hear from you even if you aren't counting and calculating, of course!

My diary is full of stuff non-diet related, so I wouldn't worry about the figures. Hope you can get the apartment issue resolved soon, Liza. None of us needs stress xo

I've had so many issues at my place this past year after so long of having none. It all stresses me out big time...but it is evening now and i did ok today...ate fairly well...not quite enough exercise because was dealing with the apartment issue (still not finished being dealt with). I am writing here trying to distract from the anxiety...but really what i should do next is eat and get the dishes done...that's the plan anyhow...we'll see...

Action kills anxiety. But then I'm currently on here to distract myself from a particularly gruesome nightmare.

Action kills anxiety. But then I'm currently on here to distract myself from a particularly gruesome nightmare.
Happy to report that I did get off my couch, ate a healthy meal, did the dishes, and went to bed early and had a pretty good nights sleep. Surprising in a way since I'm still anxious. More stuff to be done today to deal with apartment issue...it's always hard for me to stay on track when I have stuff like that but am going to try and make it a good day.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your apartment. Very stressful! I hope you can resolve it by the weekend.

It sounds like you are dealing with the issue, Liza & still managing self-care. Good for you. Hope it's resolved soon (& doesn't involve moving!) xo

Thanks everyone :grouphug:

Issue slowly getting dealt with...and now another has arisen. Yes- stressful! and puts me off my routine...but so far none of it is disastrous and so far not resulting in a need to move (thank goodness as there is no housing here!) I've had so many issues at this place just this past year...everything going wrong at once...i do feel like it may be helping me cope with uncertainties better...

I did get myself out on my walk-run yesterday as the roads were finally good enough conditions for it. Continuing to go easy on that to not aggravate the plantar fasciitis. Food choices were not the best. Will try and do better today. I've decided Fridays I won't eat any sweets so that's today so hopefully that will help me make healthier choices!

I started on two days a week of no Pepsi Max and somehow it's making it easier to not overdo it on the other days as well. Hope the same will be true for you and sweets!

I started on two days a week of no Pepsi Max and somehow it's making it easier to not overdo it on the other days as well. Hope the same will be true for you and sweets!
I'm not sure how the effects of having no sweets for a day is having on my regular days, but I am happy to see at least that I can do it without much issue at all. I am worse when i start eating sweets of remembering to stop than if I don't start at all...
Hope you had a healthy Friday!
Thanks! It is a good practice for me to have a day where I am surrounded by temptations but don't cave!

I guess it's been a week since I last posted...The apartment issue absorbed me for a while...Mostly dealt with now...

I haven't been tracking calories or really doing much running or strength training...i had to laugh when i saw the scale had dropped a couple of pounds the other day...probably not a big surprise as I think i always lose some weight if I do less activity--just the water weight or whatever...but i miss the running and really hope to get back to that this week.

Been eating mostly pretty good I think...and getting out on some pretty good walks...and getting some gardening in...so not too bad a week considering the extra stress...

I even bought a bottle of wine to help me through, but haven't bothered to open it as I seem to be coping ok.

Sugar-free day for me again today.

Good to hear you're coping with the extra stress without needing a lot of sweets or alcohol.
Weight fluctuations really are weird sometimes: guess the long-term trend is all that really matters but seeing an unexpected drop is always nice regardless!

Weight fluctuations really are weird sometimes: guess the long-term trend is all that really matters but seeing an unexpected drop is always nice regardless!
Yes a nice relief when not calculating calories!
But back to the running today (I hope!) I need some of that runners high!

I hope you enjoy the run and your foot approves!
My foot hurt quite a bit afterwards but so far it seems like if I give it one day to recover I can go running again the next day....all sticking by the walk-run schedule still though...
But yeah was very nice to get out there. Always blows me away how hard the first 10 minutes or so seem, like my body has forgotten how to run and then how it just gets into the rhythm of it and then the joy of it. I finished my run at the trails and did a meditative walk through there.
It was a good day all round.
Attended a really lovely memorial for an acquaintance later on in the day and just had me thinking about all the encounters we have and the impacts on our lives. After the memorial, I learned of another fellow's death who I used to chat with all the time. A wonderfully healthy man into his 90's, and always such a pleasure to encounter on my walks...he was just so open and bright and loved to chat.
Just has all put me in a mind of the importance of staying open to all the encounters we have and taking the time to stop and connect with others...

Back