Liza

Marathons are (physically) awful for most people who do them. Even if it's a one time thing it's so easy to damage your body in ways that never fully heal.

Yay for the fun knitting group!
Yes I can imagine a lot of people just push their way through a marathon just to get it done regardless of what their body has to say about it. I honestly really can't even imagine doing one. The half marathon distance was more than enough for me and I don't mind if i never get back up to even that distance. But I am seriously so impressed by friend's progress. She seems to have really gotten to an amazing place with her running.
That sounds like a really good day. I must ask the kids if they ever play their ukes.
Yes would be nice to know if they took them on!
Thanks for explaining about the Shibashi. I'll have to look it up. I really hope you can get back to running longer distances soon with your pt's help!
I may have actually explained poorly--Shibashi is a set of qi gong exercises. And one that I really liked.
Presently I am doing a different form of exercise that isn't qi gong called Essentrics. A friend of mine was recommending it to me and when she was showing me some examples of the movements I thought it looked a lot like qi gong. But now that I am actually following some videos on it, I see that while it has some similarities to qi gong in some of its movements it's actually VERY different. I am going to try it for a couple of weeks and see how I like it. It also did remind me of how I do really like qi gong though and yesterday I did the Essentrics video in the morning and then qi gong in the evening.

Yesterday was a bit of a loss in the morning. I decided to try for the garden store to get some soil amendment but they didn't have it in stock, then I tried another one and also wasn't in stock. Sigh. So it was a lot of walking around without getting anything accomplished, which would have been fine in a way except the walk was in traffic-heavy parts of town that aren't nice for walking. Oh well.

Besides that, the day wasn't bad. i ate well for the most part but did overdo the sugar. I'm not sure how I fared calorie-wise as I didn't record them again. I imagine somewhere between maintenance and a surplus.

Essentrics-30 min
qi gong-20 min
walk-2 hours

Having a new thing remind you of a beloved old thing is nice ❤️ I'm sure regular qi gong will do you a power of good.

Having a new thing remind you of a beloved old thing is nice ❤️ I'm sure regular qi gong will do you a power of good.
I do really hope I can make it a regular thing. I don't know why I have trouble keeping regular with qi gong. I can really feel the benefits when I do it and really believe in it.
That would have been frustrating not finding the soil enrichment material you wanted. Do they deliver when you do find it? I really must do some Tai Chi or Qi Gong for my balance.
I could get soil amendment delivered, but that's for big amounts and is pretty expensive and then I would have a big pile to deal with. I have considered doing that many times, as it would be great to have an on-going pile...now you got me thinking maybe I should do that...What I have been doing instead is just buying a smallish bag one at a time that I can wheel home myself in a cart. I usually just like a little extra nutrients to give the soil a bit of an extra boost in the spring, especially when I plant the tomatoes and zucchini, but yeah a nice load of composted manure for the whole yard would probably be a good idea...

Yesterday was good. I had a really nice morning. Got out for my walk-run and increased the jogging time successfully with no pain during or afterwards. Stopped by our local duck pond and it was so lovely and spring-y there with all the birds making such a nice springtime racket :) Ate well for the most part. Didn't record calories again so not sure how that went. Evening went well with getting laundry done and piano playing. Was hoping for qi gong again but it didn't happen.

Essentrics-30 min
physio-30 min
walk-1 run-2 x7 no pain
walk-45
piano 20 min

(I think i am going to start including piano practice time to see if it helps encourage me to do it every day)

Yesterday was good. I had a really nice morning. Got out for my walk-run and increased the jogging time successfully with no pain during or afterwards. Stopped by our local duck pond and it was so lovely and spring-y there with all the birds making such a nice springtime racket :) Ate well for the most part. Didn't record calories again so not sure how that went. Evening went well with getting laundry done and piano playing
That sounds like a lovely day, Liza.
Getting a large amount of soil enrichment delivered might make you feel pressured.

You're inspiring me to perhaps invest in a ukelele Liza! I do hope you find another group again.

Well done on the walk-run, sounds really positive. There's a duck pond near where I live too, it is so lovely to visit, isn't it?

Back