Llama

Wow, that's wonderful you lost two weeks in a row! It's really good to read you can have a little ice cream and then get back to your more nutritious foods. By Christmas I bet your great habits will at the least get you close to your goal!

-I see i missed your birthday--so happy belated birthday!!:beerchug: along with a belated birthday hug :grouphug:--I hope the day was great to you.
Thank you! Nothing special yesterday but I did get a lot of lovely messages ❤️
Wow, that's wonderful you lost two weeks in a row! It's really good to read you can have a little ice cream and then get back to your more nutritious foods.
Three weeks even, counting the big water drop at the start. Not 100% sure the icecream isn't what's making me crave sweets like mad right now. Or maybe whatever caused the cravings on Monday and Tuesday is still plaguing me today. Either way I kind of feel like crap this morning. I feel like I've been binging for days - like I have a hangover - even though I haven't. At all. Not sure what's going on there. The idea of eating is kind of revolting to me at the moment but I know I'll go from that to ravenously hungry in an instant at some point so I must make food anyway. And prep something for tomorrow morning because I know I won't want to do anything when I get home after work tonight. I guess getting moving is the fastest way to feel better anyway, even though I really just want to go back to bed and call in sick today.

I just got a package... About a meter long and half a meter wide... My sister sent me a wahu board for my birthday! I´m going to keep my practice sessions short to reduce risk of injury but it´s super cool!

I... just had a galaxy brain moment. Since Monday I've been sluggish, feeling like crap, and craving sweets, right? I was even cold sometimes, to the point that I was wondering if I might be getting sick. Yeah, I just ate an extra meal and I'm fine :rotflmao: Even if my high-volume diet keeps my stomach satisfied that doesn't always mean I'm eating enough. So I'll try and be more mindful going forward. Bye bye quick loss...

I just got a package... About a meter long and half a meter wide... My sister sent me a wahu board for my birthday! I´m going to keep my practice sessions short to reduce risk of injury but it´s super cool!
Oh I had to google that as I'd never heard of a wahu board--looks very cool and interesting indeed!
Even if my high-volume diet keeps my stomach satisfied that doesn't always mean I'm eating enough.
good insight! And I'm really glad the extra meal made you feel a lot better!

I had to google a wahu board too. Does your sister have one too?
Glad you sorted the hunger problem, LaMa. You were probably also tired. Being tired makes me want to eat all of the wrong things!

LaMa, I only saw today at work that it was your birthday this week. So sorry, haven't been on the forum as much as usual.

Happy birthday to the birthday girl. :)

good insight! And I'm really glad the extra meal made you feel a lot better!
Me too, I was really getting on my own nerves.
I had to google a wahu board too. Does your sister have one too?
Nope, she just saw it and thought of me so she ordered me one. So sweet!
You were probably also tired. Being tired makes me want to eat all of the wrong things!
True, my sleep hasn't been great either. Probably also due - at least in part - to the too-large deficit.
LaMa, I only saw today at work that it was your birthday this week. So sorry, haven't been on the forum as much as usual.
No worries, I stopped celebrating my birthday literal decades ago :) Your well-wishes are appreciated any day of the week!

My hip hurt more again yesterday, to the point that I was limping. Will take an anti-inflammatory for a couple of days and see if that's enough. Pretty sure it's just a bit of impingement caused by sitting too much and eating inflammatory foods and the swelling is now keeping the irritation going. If I'm right the problem should be largely gone by Monday and if not I'll ask to see one of our doctors.

Oh, no, hope you can rest up and get in comfy positions that take the stress off your hip. I have also been eating more than usual and after I do, I feel infinitely better. I try not to think of that as a setback, just as making sure I still eat well when I am feeling out of sorts. That Wahu board looks like something my daughter would love. Let us know what you think. If I tried something like that, I'm sure I'd do an unintentional back flip off it - I am so not good at balance things! Hope you have a great night's sleep and that your hip gets happy again quickly!

Sorry to hear your hip's bothering you LaMa--hopefully those anti-inflammatories will have it all fixed up quickly. That usually works on my back as well, but for some reason I always put off taking them...

Thanks Marsia :) If your daughter has fun with a skateboard I´m not sure a wahu board will add very much but for me in my living room it´s a lot of fun :)

My smaller work pants were more comfortable today, which is good. I do want to keep eating again. Maybe because I´m no longer as uncomfortable? It´s just past 5 pm and I really ought to get something to eat. It´s time and I´m hungry. But I´m not motivated at all. And I know that if I don´t decide to eat a decent meal I´m very likely to binge later. My prepped food has run out. Which is a good thing because it means I´ve mostly been eating real meals instead of just grazing or piling a couple of sacks together and calling it a meal. Means I can go grocery shopping tomorrow morning and have room in my fridge to store everything. Buuut... it also means I can´t just grab something and eat. I could order take-out. That´s probably the sensible thing to do. Do I feel like it though? What I feel like is staying here, on my couch with my laptop, until I get hungry enough that I no longer feel bad about stuffing myself with chips and chocolate. That won´t do! I think... pizza might do the trick. I´m not a big fan of pizza generally but not all days are the same. Ok: pizza it is.

Sorry to hear your hip's bothering you LaMa--hopefully those anti-inflammatories will have it all fixed up quickly. That usually works on my back as well, but for some reason I always put off taking them...
Thank you! Currently completely painfree and fully mobile so I think it´ll be fine by Monday. Especially if I can get myself to do my exercises...

Oh: must make plan.
- That frozen-thawed baguette (empty fridge...)
- Tuna pasta salad
- Vegan Ćevapčići (from a dry mix based around pea protein)
- Short, slow run
- Two shoulder exercises

(Also 30 minutes family exercise plus a short hike)

Glad your hip is better, and hope you had a good pizza! K does skateboard, so I guess the Wahu board wouldn't be that novel. Are you liking playing on it so far?

It's good to make a plan :)
What was the outcome? Did you have pizza?
I didn't. There's only one decent pizza place somewhat near me and ordering from there would've taken longer than I wanted to wait. So I had cheese and crackers instead. Could've been worse.
Me too! I assumed it was a short surfboard, like a boogie board.
That's basically what it looks like, but since Austria is landlocked a real one wouldn't be much use!
K does skateboard, so I guess the Wahu board wouldn't be that novel. Are you liking playing on it so far?
I do! Still working on reliably staying up there even on my yoga mat but already starting to try and turn to a lengthwise position to get a better feel for it. Kind of proud of myself for overcoming my fears because it WAS kind of scary at first. Getting older will do that to you...

Feeling kind of demotivated today. Shouldn't have got on the scale because I was feeling bloated and it's not my weigh day but I did it anyway and of course the number is higher than it was on Wednesday. That's just how it is though. I started out at 80.8 kg and my goal was to get back to 71.8 kg. But lets focus on smaller goals: halfway there, as Greg Doucette says. Which would be... 76.3 kg. That sounds doable. If, no: once I reach that I get to buy myself a whatever the water carbonation thingies are called. And then we'll see how it goes.

That's basically what it looks like, but since Austria is landlocked a real one wouldn't be much use!
Okay... again a sample of how our brains play tricks on us. For some reason, in my brain I had Australia, not Austria. Apparently I added a couple of letters and several thousand miles.

You´re not the first to make that mistake :) Given that there are way more Australians on here (and in general: Australia has almost three times the population Austria has) it isn´t even illogical.

I ate half my breakfast before family exercise and felt better right away 🙈 Again... Went pretty hard on the leg exercises, which I clearly hadn´t been doing for a while. No surprise my hip started to complain, really. Body feels much better, though I´m sure I´ll be stupid sore tomorrow.

:flame: Got my period almost a week early :flame:

Again.

Which puts the possibility on the table that my feeling off this week has been at least partly hormonal. Not that it really matters: if I´m going to have week-long periods every three weeks I´ll just have to deal with whatever they bring either way. I don´t want to go (back) on the pill/hormones so I guess I´ll just have to grin and bear it. Or at least scowl and bear it.

On a positive note: lunch was delicious. While I was checking my stores before grocery shopping I realized I still had most of a bag of shrimp in my tiny freezer compartment, getting in the way of important things (like more mango). So I had pasta with garlic, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and shrimp instead of tuna salad. Will probably have the same for breakfast tomorrow morning. And possibly once more on Monday to finish the bag.

Anyway: I´m grumpy now and don´t want to go hiking away from reliable toilets so I´ll go shopping for kitchen supplies instead. I could do with another casserole dish and maybe a replacement for my older, more beat-up storage containers. That should give me at least an hour of walking anyway, which will just have to do.

Had some more icecream (which makes 2 portions, for a total of 120g today). Could've finished the whole pint tbh; salted caramel is do good! But I was sensible despite being annoyed and now I feel good about myself. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Plan for tomorrow:
- Shrimp/pasta/veg
- Corncakes/salami/lettuce/pickles
- Potato/broccoli/Ćevapčići

Don't see myself hiking tomorrow but I do want to go for a walk. No sitting around moping all day. Getting a little more stable on the board already. No change at turning yet though!

Back