Llama

Thank you! I feel a lot better. Hope I´ll get through tomorrow alright (today is pretty much in the bag as long as I can keep my brain engaged while I walk passed Hofer on the way home after work) because working an early shift after a late shift is kind of exhausting. Plus I have therapy tomorrow afternoon. BUT this week I´ve got a late shift on Wednesday again so I can take it easy in the morning and won´t be as stressed after work tomorrow.

Well... that was not a great start to my shift. I checked on Friday and I swear the schedule showed everything to be normal but when I arrived earlier it suddenly said I'm on strength training today. Basically a small fitness center with a very limited number of guests and with a therapist present. Which would be fine: I know the machines and I know what to look out for. But there's also a computer system involved which I've literally been shown once, for 5 minutes, 9 months ago. So I kind of freaked out and spent the time I'd normally have to eat lunch going over things with a colleague I managed to nab before she could go home who does do this thing regularly. Still pretty stressed out but I guess it'll be ok. Good thing I'm always here stupid early...

But there's also a computer system involved which I've literally been shown once, for 5 minutes, 9 months ago. So I kind of freaked out and spent the time I'd normally have to eat lunch going over things with a colleague I managed to nab before she could go home who does do this thing regularly. Still pretty stressed out but I guess it'll be ok. Good thing I'm always here stupid early...
Oh gosh that does sound stressful LaMa. I hate surprises like that! That's good you were able to go over some things with your colleague, but not great you had to skip lunch to do so! Will there be another opportunity to eat your lunch? Anyways I hope it goes well.

Wow, I feel like Rip Van Winkle - I slept for 2 days straight, and you conquered 2 new hiking trails, made all this yummy food, did all sorts of wonderful food planning, and trained on new skills at work. I think you're doing amazing with the food! And love hearing about your abenteuers! (J tried teaching K German when she was little, and the one word that stuck with us from that time is abenteuers - adventures!)

I hate surprises like that!
Same... I blew up at the planner at first 🙈 I did apologize later.
Will there be another opportunity to eat your lunch?
I ended up starting with my first patient 6 minutes late, which means my first break was almost gone as well. Ate lunch during second break aaand then my last break was at 4:30 pm already - too early for dinner when you´ve had a late lunch - and I ended up finishing my food day just now (8:40). Not ideal, but what can you do?
I feel like Rip Van Winkle
I hope you didn´t sleep QUITE that long!
J tried teaching K German when she was little, and the one word that stuck with us from that time is abenteuers - adventures!
Abenteuer, both singular and plural, and always with a capital A. Does J speak German?

Forgot my plan again:
- Pea mash wraps
- Chicken and rice
- Either the tempeh thing or the egg bake thing

Now that the adrenaline has worn off I´m a puddle of pudding and need to sleep asap.

That would have thrown me out too, LaMa. You did well to cope & not fall into a bucket of ice cream!
I hope that sleep is sound & long :grouphug:

I like that adventure always starts with a capital A in German! Yes, J did an internship in a Swiss German speaking airport for his engineering degree. He loves languages. Glad you get to get some rest now!!

Ah, sorry there was an incident at work today, LaMa. You normally don't speak too much about your job, so I imagine this is a bit of an anomaly. There will always be challenges. I don't have anything better to say than that, hahaha.

Thanks Cate, Marsia, and Emily.
Cate, sleep was fitful but probably enough to get me through the day. Before bed I had a phone call with an old friend that through me for a loop and kept my brain racing even in my sleep. Then I woke up in the middle of the night with a bit of a cough and in my half-sleep I was immediately convinced I have covid so that didn't calm me down. Of course in reality I just didn't drink enough water yesterday because time and stress.
Marsia, all nouns are capitalized in German. Languages are awesome!
Emily, work is SO MUCH BETTER than the previous place but the planner's tendency to treat us like interchangeable automatons without a personal life gets on my nerves sometimes. I don't mind if they change my shifts around occasionally but telling me about it beforehand (not even talking about asking here) would feel so much more respectful. Stuff like that. Still: in general I'm happy to work here.

Misread my clock this morning and left the house 10 minutes early, which is why I'm typing this while walking slowly: if I walk too fast the door won't be open yet and I'll be standing still in the cool morning air for ten minutes. In a t-shirt and shorts. Therapy today. I think I'll try to reschedule to every other week from now on: I'm doing well and going every week low-key stresses me out both time-wise and financially.

I'm glad that your work is SO MUCH BETTER than your last job, LaMa. It's a shame that the planner is not a bit more thoughtful. It's a bugger that you had a fitful sleep, but hope it was enough to get you through the day. I have to remember why I want to eat all the wrong things after a bad night's sleep. Therapy every week sounds like more than you need. Is it in person or online?

Thanks Cate. It was a rough one but I made it through. Therapy´s in person, very close to where I live. We agreed to lower the frequency to every other week. I think that´s a good thing.

A thing that´s been on my mind: another one of my uncles died last week. Out of my dad´s siblings that´s one who died in an accident, and six who are widowed. Out of the three remaining spouses two narrowly escaped death in the past couple of years. And my dad´s oldest sibling is only 75. Life is so fragile!

Working an afternoon shift on Monday & then a morning one on Tuesday would be rough. Life is so fragile, LaMa. I'm sorry about your uncle :grouphug:

Hey there! Haven't been by in a few days. Holiday weekend in my world, which meant that I was busier than I would have been on a normal weekend, lol.

Life is fragile. Sorry to hear about your uncle. I was very close to mine, and all 4 of my uncles on my mom's side have all passed.

Ooooo, 🎇🎆🎉HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LaMa!!!🎉🎆🎇 Hope it's a lovely one!

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I am now the oldest person in my family. It's weird how everyone else is gone already. Life does feel fleeting at times. Even though the planner at your new job seems a bit clueless, it's so nice you don't dread work anymore and it's mostly enjoyable. I go to therapy every other week and it doesn't overwhelm me that way - both emotionally and financially. Hope you like it better, too.

Cate, love "Llamazing"! And did you see they have a llama emoji 🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙!

On topic things first:
This is part of why I can eat so many calories: I do weigh things out so I assume I underestimate my calories by a smaller margin.

But also: thank you guys! Day started out very nicely :) I ate icecream for dinner after therapy but I´m right back here. Chicken and rice for breakfast, veggie/egg bake prepped for lunch and butter bean mash (with leek, mustard, nooch, mushrooms, and some spices) prepped for dinner. Now sitting down with a bowl full of fruit. Food plan for tomorrow:
- That Tempeh Thing
- Half-baguette (with ham, cheese, and lettuce)
- Butter bean mash part 2
At least that´s what I think. A colleague asked me to swap shifts with her but I haven´t yet checked if the change went through. If it did I´ll have a late shift tomorrow as well. If not we´ll adapt.

By the way: I weighed myself this morning and I lost 0.4 kg this week! Well, these six days, really, since I´m pretty sure I weighed myself on Thursday last week. 77.9 kg today. If I could keep up this speed I´d be back at a comfortable weight by the end of October and back at goal by Christmas! Probably not gonna happen, but it´s still a nice thought.

Hey LaMa, just catching up--I see i missed your birthday--so happy belated birthday!!:beerchug: along with a belated birthday hug :grouphug:--I hope the day was great to you.

Changing the therapy to once every 2 weeks sounds wise. I can imagine it would be a bit draining every week. And yes cheaper this way too!

Back