Llama

Maybe we should start a new thread. "Why do I think I binge?" & try to help those that do. Just articulating the reasons & gaining support might be useful for others.
I like that. I'll do some thinking and add my 2 cents later.
I think you are in the middle of your late shift Monday, early shift Tuesday, LaMa, assuming you still do that. Hope it's not too difficult & flies xo
Thanks. When you wrote that I was just falling asleep and now I'm waiting for my first patient. Mr. Ballsack visited me again yesterday and I was so annoyed I told Planner not to send him to me anymore. I feel so much better!
Between the 3 of us we could be so healthy
:rotflmao: I like that!

Thanks. When you wrote that I was just falling asleep and now I'm waiting for my first patient. Mr. Ballsack visited me again yesterday and I was so annoyed I told Planner not to send him to me anymore. I feel so much better!
Oh, well done for speaking up, LaMa!

Turns out she sent me to him BECAUSE I get along with basically all patients. Nice to know. And to be fair: I was the one who was pissed, not him, so I guess it worked...

Processed two loads of laundry, did some landscaping in Minecraft, called my dad, and sent in the prep exercise we're supposed to do for this weekend's course. Trying to reframe housework as self-care and an investment in my wellbeing rather than an endless list of repetitive chores. I want to feel good. I deserve to be treated with kindness and respect and should therefore do so myself. Decided to ask if I can use the antigrav treadmill at work to help fix my Achilles tendon issue and keep running fun while the weather is gross.

In that vein I turned up the motivational music and did food prep this morning. It always feels like it takes a long time but really it´s only 90 minutes or so and I´m slow. Tomorrow afternoon I´ll do a lentil stew and then I´ll be set for my course weekend. Oh, and I finally remembered to pick up a calcium supplement again: that´s the one nutrient I´m always low in.

Thanks, Cate :grouphug: Had bad cramps today and am exhausted but did get permission to use the treadmill as often as I want to see if it'll help fix my Achilles issues. Now to find times when the room it's in isn't in use when I happen to be free...

I hurt my Achilles years ago by running uphill, but it healed quickly thank goodness. Hope the cramps subside, LaMa. Do you take magnesium?

Great you can use the treadmill at work - I really hope your schedule works out so you can use it a lot. Does exercising help the cramps subside? Hope they aren't too bad this time and that you are doing well otherwise!!

Thanks guys. Course is a mixed bag. Some really interesting stuff and some that's way too far into esoteric land for me. I don't like the dude, but at least he's giving us movement breaks so all this sitting down doesn't feel like it's killing me yet.

Sorry LaMa, I missed what course you are taking. Is it for work? I hope you have a nice lunch break and meet up with interesting people, at least!

Immune system. Which is a super interesting topic! Breaks are kind of awkward during covid: about half us seem to try to avoid eating communally because sitting together in the badly ventilated break room without a mask doesn't seem sensible. The rest tear off their masks as soon as they can. Which makes me want to eat with them even less. Plus I hate sitting this much so come lunchtime I need a walk anyway.

I just decided I'm going to go back to eating stupid amounts of high-ALA seeds (flax, chia, hemp, not in combination with animal fats) and raw greens and drinking at least 3 liters of water (aka just keeping track of how much I drink and not drinking things other than water after I finish my current bottle of Pepsi Max). No sweets other than fruit after I finish the protein pudding that's already in my fridge. I'm also going to do a 3-minute cold shower every morning and basic Wim Hof breathing twice a day. Just to keep me on track a friend is taking me swimming in the Danube in two weeks.

:D Feeling quite excited about it, if I´m honest. Was a bit scared of the cold morning shower (haven´t taken properly cold showers since moving in here because this bathroom just makes bathing more convenient) and did my breathing while still in my warm bed. Not sure if that´s allowed but it worked really well and I actually enjoyed the cold water. I knew I´d get back to liking it eventually but was happily surprised to have it be instantaneous. Got my food packed up and today I´ll try to focus on picking up more bits and pieces I can use in my own life rather than trying to discover a logical pattern in the good man´s stories. Hope that makes it less frustrating but if it doesn´t I still have my trusty note block for doodling.

Today was a lot like yesterday except I was ready for it this time. Had a small group of people (we´re only 14 all together) come up to me and tell me they appreciated my input, which was nice because I kind of felt like a negative nag for interjecting as much as I did (and I bit my tongue 9 times out of ten!). Still: some of the stuff he talked about was interesting. Currently struggling with a desire to binge. Ate plenty for dinner so I think it´s the day´s tension making itself felt. Plan for tomorrow: lentil stew for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, kidney bean mash wraps for dinner.

Change of plan: I just remembered that part of my homework for this course (we ride again the last weekend of February) is to fast for 24 hours. I hate fasting so I want to get it over with. Dude suggested we could make it easier on ourselves by fasting from lunchtime till lunchtime so if I have my pre-late-shift lunch tomorrow and my post-early shift lunch on Tuesday I only have to skip two meals (sad Llama) and I save on prep (happy Llama). Will have those kidney bean wraps for breakfast, eat the chicken salad for lunch, and save the lentil stew for my post-fast lunch.

I very much hope that me being healthier this time around means fasting won´t be as obnoxious.

Also also: Dude was clearly very much in favor of calorie restriction and while he hardly made eye contact with anyone during most of his talk he was looking intently at the heaviest member of our group (who probably didn't even fall into the obese category) while explaining that following his methods would lead people to feel less hungry and have fewer cravings. While he himself was skinny fat (very little muscle, little fat on his face and extremities but kind of a saggy little beer gut) and looked a lot older than he really was (2 years older than me). Which is fine: we all have our struggles and how we look is nowhere near the most important thing about us. But at the same time if you're a physical therapist by training and make a living teaching other people how to improve every aspect of their health (food, exercise, relaxation, happiness...) I expect you to look healthier than me.

Do you feel you have learned much from the course so far, LaMa? Will there be a certificate of any sort at the end? Good for you speaking up & also biting your tongue :)

Nothing tangible because based on the things I could easily check I don´t trust him to get all his facts right. But it´s an interesting experience which pushes me out of my comfort zone and counts toward maintaining my license so it´s ok.

Back