Llama

Walking really is the best cure and I should do more of it again. Not quite happy again but a lot better. Looks like the cornelian cherries will be in bloom before the end of the week! Strong gale today and I was very happy to be wearing my cozy new coat, zipped up all the way to my chin. Also added up my calories for the day and while I won't be losing any weight the way I'm going I won't gain either. That's plenty good enough when I'm feeling crappy. (I can hear someone sneezing and sniffing out in the hallway and I think it's my next patient... Are people still careless enough to go into indoor public spaces with cold symptoms?)

Cough lady went to my colleague, thankfully. Poor colleague. Walked home in the near-freezing rain but while my face, lower legs, and coat were pretty much soaked by the time I got home I myself was mostly warm and dry. So tired.

Fifty gazillion hugs, LaMa. Working as hard as you do & dealing with the public in a pandemic, having to wear all of the protective gear must absolutely suck, especially when a lot of the public don't extend the same consideration to everyone else. I really appreciate workers wherever I go. I am sick of hearing people complain that they have to wear a mask inside for half an hour & remind them how lucky they are that they are not health workers.
Kudos to you, LaMa.

Thanks Cate. I can deal with the ppe even if it hurts a bit but I'll never get used to the bitching.

Couldn't find my other pair of work pants and the ones I wore yesterday aren't dry yet so I'm working in jeans today. Yuk. Must remember to bring a backup pair of sweats in case it happens again. May not be white but at least they won't be my day clothes either.

More nightmares tonight, but then I haven't had a night without for weeks so I guess that's no surprise. Anxiety is still mostly under control though, thankfully.

Thanks, Cate. I really need to get my eating back on track. Period is coming up soon and it'll be easier to deal with if I don't binge. Which is what I did today :beathorse:
Let's see what horrors this night will bring now, shall we?

Oh, my throat is kind of scratchy so I just made an appointment for an antigen test tomorrow morning even though I finally picked up my gargle tests today. The antigen test gets immediate results so I'll know I'm ok before I start my shift. I assume it's just allergies (forgot to take antihistamine this morning) but I want to be sure.

Wow, that DEX scan looks wonderful. I wish I knew of that when my mom was well enough to have me help turn around her eating habits. So sorry you are going through nightmares and having to wrestle with eating healthy again, but so glad you are staying relatively the same weight through stressful times. That's my goal is to ride out the stressful times not gaining, and sneak in the weight loss when I am feeling good.

I can't imagine going out into public with cold symptoms and potentially weakening people's immune symptoms in a pandemic. People are truly clueless sometimes. Hope you get good results from the antigen test!

Thanks Cate and Marsia. The scratchy throat and resulting headache did worry me enough to keep me awake for a bit but in the end I slept quite well. Stressful dreams but nobody tried to kill me, so yay. Test is around the corner in an hour and 20 minutes so that at least doesn't add to my stress levels. Throat is much better this morning after taking AH last night (and again just now). So probably just the hazel pollen combined with the dust from the storm we had.

I may be overreacting here but if I arrive 5 minutes before my appointment and they tell me I'll have to wait 15 minutes so they have time to air properly... when I'm the first person there and they haven't even got all doors and windows open but are instead sitting around looking at each other awkwardly with only the two smallest windows open... Isn't that weird?

Then when I came back 10 minutes later they'd just let in someone else so I had to wait again 🤦‍♀️ But apart from the weirdo at the door they were polite and efficient and I tested negative. Which is the main thing.

Very weird, LaMa! I have doubled my AHs lately by also using a nasal spray. Glad your test was negative 😊

I would not have objected to a couple of days at home... but not with the risk of long covid, tyvm. Skurgeon, I hope you have a mild case!
My innards were not impressed with yesterday's binge: felt like a caldera full of superheated lava in there, boiling and bubbling away. Surprisingly hard to do pelvic floor relaxation in those circumstances 🙈

I hope you find nice things that calm you tummy down. Glad the test went well and that you waited until they at least aired the place out a bit before going in! Hugs, and hope you feel better fast!!!

I agree with Cate, try to be nice to yourself and hope that you feel a lot better soon.

Back