Llama

I may have posted this before but here are some pictures of the "hunting lodge" (hah!) at the Lainzer Tiergarten https://www.wienmuseum.at/en/locations/hermesvilla It´s a museum now. The stables do look somewhat like what you´d expect for a noblemen´s hunting accommodations.
Went to the allergy center to find that due to covid I should´ve made an appointment first. Should´ve checked that beforehand... Oh well: I´ve got an appointment now for late September. Came home super tired and craving sweets. Ate two bologna-and-pickle rolls while walking to the center so I wasn´t actually starving but you could´ve fooled me! Had frozen mango, a scoop of icecream, and a dash of cinnamon, sat down for an hour, then started feeling better. Went grocery shopping without going crazy, which was excellent. Now having corn cakes with chicken salad, lettuce, and a bit of cheese to bump up the calories and protein.

I have a throbbing headache (always on Tuesdays for some reason) and should really go for a walk before bed but I just realized I haven´t made a plan for tomorrow yet. So here goes:
- chicken salad
- sushi
- red lentil stew
- either frozen mango or canned peaches with a scoop of icecream

May switch lunch and dinner depending on how I feel after work.

Hope your headache goes before tomorrow, LaMa. I get them often, mostly due to my allergies I think, xoxo

I hope you're not allergic to a particular scent a client is wearing or something. I get allergic if someone has very strong laundry detergent sometimes. Hopefully you are feeling better by now. The "hunting lodge" is amazing! Must be so beautiful walking through the fields around there. Wonderful you're doing so well at the grocery store. Do you think it's that you allow yourself a small treat, so you don't feel deprived?

Odd (and sucky) about the headaches on Tuesdays. Hope it doesn't interfere with getting a good sleep.
It's not all Tuesdays, thankfully, but it is exclusively Tuesdays. Probably something to do with doing a late shift on Mondays and an early one on Tuesdays. Took me a while to get to sleep and I had some nightmares but all in all sleep was ok.
I hope you're not allergic to a particular scent a client is wearing or something.
Happy days! For once I'm not looking to identify new allergies but wondering if the tests will show an improvement. Plus I'm hoping to start desensitizing treatment for one of my pollen allergies.
Wonderful you're doing so well at the grocery store. Do you think it's that you allow yourself a small treat, so you don't feel deprived?
Could be but really it's too early to say. I often have periods of time where things will feel easy and natural only to crash. Time will tell, I guess.

Just finished the first half of breakfast (yay!) and am bracing myself for my next patient. They're nice but chin-deep in (medical) conspiracy theories and it takes all my mental flexibility to keep her from throwing me in with Big Bad Pharma while still softening up her ideas a bit.

Doing well today so far. Picked up sushi for lunch (as well as another portion of chicken&rice which will again turn into two meals if I add some extra greens) and it was delicious. Really looking forward to having my last portion of lentil stew for dinner. Which brings me to a slight possibly-problem: I may be undereating again. If I remember I´ll weigh myself tomorrow morning to see if I´m not going too quickly. If I am I´ll just add some extra nuts again. All in all I´m feeling good though. Tired, but good. Got a load of laundry going because I´m kind of short on comfortably-fitting pants atm. Hope to change that before the month is out.

The friend I´ll be doing yoga with on Friday messaged me to say she´s making a vegan chili and ask if I want to take some home. My first reaction was to say no. Because... Allergies! I don´t want to be a bother! I wouldn´t know the calories/protein! But then I said yes. Because she´s a trained chef working a completely different job and other people enjoying her food makes her happy. And she feels bad if she can´t "pay me back" when I help her out. And if I go to a restaurant I don´t know the exact calories and macros either. And currently when stuff´s thoroughly cooked nuts and bananas are the only things I have to be careful with, allergy-wise, and I can ask about those things. And... trying new things is healthy. So there. Beat my automatic no this time.

I´m looking forward to it! I´m not going to ask for the recipe no matter how good it is though: I don´t want to know how much oil she uses 🙈

Plan for tomorrow:
- Kidney bean mash wraps
- Chicken salad
- Sichuan chicken&rice. Hm. Maybe having chicken twice a day isn´t necessary. Let´s have chopped-up marinated eggs and the last bit of cheese in a salad instead.
- The other half of the small can of peaches I opened today and the last of the sheep´s milk icecream. Does that make seven portions out of 300 g rather than six? 🤔 Could be. I thought it would be less satisfying with the peaches because they´re not cold like the frozen mango so I can eat them more quickly but I was still nice and full after.

Well done, LaMa skipping that automatic no & accepting your friend's offer. I wish I could "train" G to do that occasionally. Your life sounds pretty good at the moment & your food choices, as always, sound so delicious.

Thanks, Cate :grouphug: I remembered to get on the scale this morning and at 78.3 kg I lost half a kilo in a week. That is indeed more than I usually plan to but I think it's still sustainable. Not adding any extra calories yet.

Ooo, congrats on losing the half kilo! That's wonderful you don't have to worry about well cooked foods for the most part, and you can just enjoy your friend's treat. Good plan with the nuts, and your food descriptions are making me salivate. Good thing I am going to bed in a few minutes!

Thanks Cate and Marsia :) Right now I wish I could eat the other half of my breakfast already! Hungryyyy... Maybe in part because I had tech problems with our treadmill and even if it wasn't my fault I felt embarrassed about having to ask for help (tech guy didn't see the problem either, so... yay?) and embarrassment is the emotion that makes me want to eat most out of all.of them.

No doubt about it. So I´m kind of proud of myself for not overeating today. I did have a lot of fruit, but "a lot" is like 250 g of raspberries on top of what I´d normally eat, so... that´s like 130 extra kcal or something. And it made me feel very satisfied (I was quite hungry today; seeing I´ve lost weight can do that sometimes).

About to go for an evening walk but first: a plan...
- Kidney bean mash wraps
- Sichuan chicken&rice
- Butter bean and leek soup. Or possibly that vegan chili, if I do remember to take some home.

The berry treat seems really nice and healthy. It's great when you can eat a little extra of something that is really good for you and it's satisfying, too. Hope you had a lovely evening walk!

I did have a lot of fruit, but "a lot" is like 250 g of raspberries on top of what I´d normally eat, so... that´s like 130 extra kcal or something.
I always love how few calories the berries add. So delicious and feel like such a treat and yet hardly any calories...I guess kind of like the amzingness of greens too, but berries just feel so desserty that they seem like they should have more calories to them!

Back