Jackie's Back, lets actually get to where I wanna be

Hi there, Im Jackie, I was on here a few years ago, I havent posted for a couple of years. Im in reasonable shape, i just really wanna carve my top 2 abs out. Happy new year, I hope everyone is well.

Current Stats:
Weight: 147 pounds, 31.7% Bodyfat, 33.6% Muscle, BMR = 1477.75 calories

Current Goals:
Weigh 140 or less pounds and Get to under 29% Bodyfat by 1st March 2015,
Weigh 135 or less pounds and Get to 24-26% Bodyfat by 1st May 2015

Wish me luck :)

Welcome back, Jackie. Sounds like you've got some fairly reasonable, attainable goals. Good :) I look forward to seeing your progress along the way.

What types of training are you used to doing and intending to do for this aim. In truth they are realistic enough that most will do it for you with sensible diet and focus. Just interested.

What types of training are you used to doing and intending to do for this aim. In truth they are realistic enough that most will do it for you with sensible diet and focus. Just interested.

Hey CrazyOldMan, I dont believe we've met?
I am going to resistance train 3x a week, as I dont have any weights atm, I am doing stuff like, press ups, crunches, dips, lunges, etc
I will start running again - very soon. Ive been going for long walks while ive got the time. When im back at uni, im going to walk there and back once a week, its 3 miles each way. :)

Tuesday 6th Jan

Diet:

45g Mini Wheats - 150 calories
Milk 100ml - 35 calories
Big banana - 120 calories
brazil nut - 35 calories
apple nutri grain bar - 131 calories
2 slices brown bread - 217 calories
20g Peanut butter - 120.6 calories
little apple - 66 calories
3 fish fingers - 187.5 calories
potatoe 150g - 112.5 calories
peas 80g - 60 calories
sweetcorn 40g - 47.5 calories
tbsp olive oil - 123.45 calories
mayo - 80 calories

TOTAL 1485.55 Calories

Training:
2 x 27 press ups
2 x 27 dips
2 x 27 chin raises
2 x 14 two-point bridge
2 x 15 lunges

50 minutes of walking

So its been a good day :)

That's a very specific calorie count. Keep that up, and you'll have no troubles. Unlike me -- at the end of the day, if you ask how many calories I've consumed, the answer will be: "I dunno, somewhere between 1- and 6- thousand?"

I'm assuming chin raises are not chin ups? Or they are and you deserve my endless praise?

I have been doing this fitness stuff a little while now, as the name may imply. I am old enough to have grown out of doing stupid things and trying to make myself ache every day of my life, but somehow despite having taught moderation many times, before I became soft office boy, I've never quite managed to learn it.
My background is being the really short scrawny kid who grew up to be an average height scrawny adult who just happened to find himself deeply entangled in free climbing and a few other activities that supported it, including ballet. Over the years I have done a number of things including triathlon, boxing, aikido, ballet, contemporary dance, weights to make me prettier, followed by powerlifting. Now with full time job and family I aim to run 3 times a week, do 1 interval session and 3 weight sessions, squat, bench and deadlift focussed. I manage it when I can. My fitness has become far more part time as spare time has become such a rare commodity, but there is a theory that I may get to retire one day, though with the age continually increasing in the UK I may be 80 by then, when I will have spare time to be able to get back to more training.

Somewhere around the bodyweight forum you will undoubtedly be able to find a link JustinRVA used to post often about a batch of bodyweight movements that are good to use.
Difficulty with this stuff is always balance, the legs find handling bodyweight very easy while your upper body doesn't. This leaves you able to do squats until you lose count 5 times and fall asleep while chins and press ups are far quicker to tire you out. There are ways to increase intensity for the legs, adding impact, lack of injury allowing, single leg work, painfully slow movement or insanely fast etc.
Plyometric is great for this if you can do it safely. People will tell you off for not doing complete movement when doing it right but it is great for intensity. One of my classic fails doing this was jumping over a stack then doing a long jump straight after. The jump over the stack was just prep, the plyometric part was the instant take off as part of the rebound. Cuts the reps you can do down a treat. I had targeted myself a set of 5 as final set, done that and decided in my arrogance and stupidity that I should try another one when in truth I knew I was too tired. Inevitably I clipped the stack, but not just a brush with a toe, hit squarely about an inch from the top with both feet, sent the stack tumbling and landed on them splayed out on the floor. Got up wondering if anyone would have noticed, saw around 40 to 50 people nearby had and were displaying looks of concern through to laughter, so I took a bow and cleared up the mess. Age doesn't bring wisdom, I have survived despite the stupid things I have done.

That is indeed heavy duty calorie counting as Goldie said. Ironically considering how detailed this is I am going to raise a possible thing to add to the list, liquid intake and calories. You have listed milk once and may be like me drinking virtually nothing but water and lots of it, but I see many people ignoring this part of their diet, especially with concerns to alcoholic beverages. When you have put in this much effort to be so thorough it is worth going the extra step.
My intake is around 3,500 to 4,000 calories a day but I wouldn't have a clue where about in there it is day to day. I just know that fuelling the 13 stone person I have become especially when going for a lunch time run burns 700 calories in between 40 and 45 minutes requires serious food intake, something I used to find harder than I do now.

That's a very specific calorie count. Keep that up, and you'll have no troubles. Unlike me -- at the end of the day, if you ask how many calories I've consumed, the answer will be: "I dunno, somewhere between 1- and 6- thousand?"

I'm assuming chin raises are not chin ups? Or they are and you deserve my endless praise?

aww thank you lol, yeah chin raises are not chin ups, sorry to disappoint. I would get a chin up bar, but i dont trust the door frames here lol, one day, one day :)

I have been doing this fitness stuff a little while now...

That is indeed heavy duty calorie counting as Goldie said. Ironically considering how detailed this is I am going to raise a possible thing to add to the list, liquid intake and calories. You have listed milk once and may be like me drinking virtually nothing but water and lots of it, but I see many people ignoring this part of their diet, especially with concerns to alcoholic beverages. When you have put in this much effort to be so thorough it is worth going the extra step.
My intake is around 3,500 to 4,000 calories a day but I wouldn't have a clue where about in there it is day to day. I just know that fuelling the 13 stone person I have become especially when going for a lunch time run burns 700 calories in between 40 and 45 minutes requires serious food intake, something I used to find harder than I do now.

Thank you for your input, yes I only drink water apart from the little bit of milk on my cereal in the morning, that was why there were no drinks there. And I hardly drink alcohol - I will be including this, when i do go for a few drinks :)

Anyway, sorry ive missed a few days of calorie counting, I harldy ate anything yesterday as my period pain was so bad that I threw up on my way walking back from Asda, nice lol, I know this is due to an hormonal imbalance so ive decided to not have any coffee (which i was drinking a lot of last month), chocolate or cheese and keep alcohol to a minimum

Friday 9th Jan

Diet:

Milk 100ml - 35 calories
small banana - 80 calories
2 x breakfast bake nutri grain bars - 334 calories
15g butter - 108 calories
little apple - 66 calories
small can of baked beans - 192 calories
1/2 can chopped tomatoes - 50 calories
choc soya milk drink - 152.5 calories

TOTAL 1384.5 Calories

I have been doing this fitness stuff a little while now, as the name may imply. I am old enough to have grown out of...

Somewhere around the bodyweight forum you will undoubtedly be able to find a link JustinRVA used to post often about a batch of bodyweight movements that are good to use.
Difficulty with this stuff is always balance, the legs find handling bodyweight very easy while your upper body doesn't. This leaves you able to do squats until you lose count 5 times and fall asleep while chins and press ups are far quicker to tire you out. There are ways to increase intensity for the legs, adding impact, lack of injury allowing, single leg work, painfully slow movement or insanely fast etc.
Plyometric is great for this if you can do it safely. People will tell you off for not doing complete movement when doing it right but it is great for intensity. One of my classic fails doing this was jumping over a stack then doing a long jump straight after. The jump over the stack was just prep, the plyometric part was the instant take off as part of the rebound. Cuts the reps you can do down a treat. I had targeted myself a set of 5 as final set, done that and decided in my arrogance and stupidity that I should try another one when in truth I knew I was too tired. Inevitably I clipped the stack, but not just a brush with a toe, hit squarely about an inch from the top with both feet, sent the stack tumbling and landed on them splayed out on the floor. Got up wondering if anyone would have noticed, saw around 40 to 50 people nearby had and were displaying looks of concern through to laughter, so I took a bow and cleared up the mess. Age doesn't bring wisdom, I have survived despite the stupid things I have done.

aww its so great to hear about your story. And about your "little" mishap ;) thank you for sharing, yeah im 26 and I already know - age doesn't bring wisdom, if only that were true, i think i would be a lot further ahead in most areas of my life, oh well, this year I plan to make it count and put the required effort to get well on the way to my dreams when it comes to my phsique

I tend to have two sets of goals most years, realistic and unrealistic. The first is something I should be able to achieve, the second is unlikely, but they feel great when managed. They are also things I tend to come back to later, which is nice when you realise this years realistic was practically impossible in previous years.

I tend to have two sets of goals most years, realistic and unrealistic. The first is something I should be able to achieve, the second is unlikely, but they feel great when managed. They are also things I tend to come back to later, which is nice when you realise this years realistic was practically impossible in previous years.

Wow, thats a great idea, think I might take that up. Thank you :)

Saturday 10th Jan

Diet:

Milk 100ml - 40 calories
small banana - 80 calories
brazil nut - 35 calories
breakfast bake nutri grain bar - 167 calories
20g Peanut butter - 120.6 calories
little apple - 70 calories
3 fish fingers - 187.5 calories
potatoe 150g - 112.5 calories