Is 6 Second Abs really worth it

NO NO NO

it doesnt work abs need a lot of work and devotion and then you will see results

Just in case there was any confusion.

No.

But I believe 6 second abs sells you a dieting plan as well. Which would do more than the 6 second crunch.

but I read some feedback from people who bought it on amazon.com & they said they really did see results in week

Do you want to spend 60 dollars on a product that works one muscle? Why not spend 60 dollars on a personal training session and learn about training the other muscles in the body?

You don't need a fancy piece of equipment to have the "perfect crunch" as they call it. I've seen the commercials for the product. It produces clicks as you go down so you know you're doing the perfect crunch everytime. Ugh, waste of money.

Again,

NO. Use your money on something worthwhile.

i couldn't agree more ... you will get a lot more useful knowledge spending an hour or 2 w/ a personal trainer for $60 then you will ever get out of a video

The 6 second abs machine i have, they say to use it only 3 times a week with 10 reps but i do much over 3 times a week maybe like 2 times a day and it does give an extremely good workout for all areas of your abs. The book that comes with it has a nice diet program and information about losing weight and a bunch of other good stuff. Besides that, there is a DVD that has 2 videos on it. Total Body Workout and Rock Hard Abs. The Total Body Workout is great, it gives you plenty of exercies to do and some strength training plus the Rock Hard Abs video shows you how to do the exercises on the machine. I only had to watch the Rock Hard Abs section once since memorizing the form and positions of the machine is very simple. It has given me results but all i needed to do was keep using it.
The way the machine gives you results is not only using the machine and working out your abs but doing cardio and strength training. But i think using this machine is much more effective then doing a normal crunch. The package actually provides more then you would expect and in actuality the machine DOES give you a great ab workout.

Hello, just wanted to let you know that I have purchased the product. I have noticed results.I would probably have better results if I stuck to the program.Now I use it whenever I have the energy or time. When I first got it, I did the workout video that comes with it and followed the program,(exept for the food part- I ate what I wanted) and lost some inches. I just had a baby and I do not look like i'm pregnant anymore (as I did right before I bought it). I bought mine at target, because I did not want to pay a 20 dollar shipping fee.
I think it was worth my 60 dollars. And although mine does not click anymore (I have two boys), it still works because I still feel the resistance, especially with the lower ab workout.
p.s. the workout video does suck, because one of the instructors looks like he does not know what he is doing and he has no rhythm, but just follow the main lady and you can get a good workout . But I can tell this video is for beginners or people who are out of shape, like me. Hope this info helps.

My 2-Cents on Abdominal Exercise Machines...

If they really worked, why are there still fat people? The basis of all those machines are not the machines themselves but the programs that come with them... Notice how all of them "just so happen" to come along with a diet and a normal workout plan and usually consists of cardio??? A duh! that's where you lose the weight and see the abdominals... it's not from the product itself....

The product itself is just something you can do instead of crunches... In order to see your abdominals you need to have a healthy diet and have a good cardio program (along with lifting weights help)... All the companies really do is design a machine that works your abdominals and then slap a workout plan and diet to it and sell it to people... and then they show people who are already "fit" and say that they did it...

BUT...

Some of the machines are good for people just beginning to exercise... because they can assist you until you get the hang of it... But for people who already have developed muscles (even if they have fat covering them) or athletes shouldn't waste their time with them....

serious...no one is gonna look good with awesome abs and no muscle anywhere else! Work everything to get the desired look

WhoAmI said:
does it do anything for your upper chest (pecks I guess you call them?) thats what I really want to work on

I've never tried the product, but I dont see how an abdominal machine can work the chest. of course the video that comes with it probably has you doing pushups as part of the total workout plan. I agree with some of the other people here and think almost anyone would benifit more from spending the money on some time with a personal trainer. he or she would be able to help you with anything you'd like to know and would set you up with a workout regimen tailored to your specific goals and body type.

Hello again,
To answer your question about upper chest, well the machine does not do anything for your chest. But the videos offer a great cardio workout and strengthening workout. The guys on there suck, but you can see where they are going with it and go from there. One of the downsides was that you have to purchase a exercise band ( the ones that look like jump ropes but have resistance). But that wasnt a really big deal. It was only like 8 bucks at target. If you just want to work upper chest, this might not be for you. But if you want to work on your abs and want a good cardio workout , I think it is worth the sixty dollars. As far as spending 60 dollars on a trainer is a good idea, but you will have this alot longer than what you would get from a trainer. I would forget a few things if i was told alot in a hour. But i'm no expert or fitness buff, just giving my opinion and telling you what I know from my experience. By the way, I've been using my machine (just the machine, no cardio or other workout), and i'm closer to a flat tummy, and I have lost a few pounds as well.

I haven't tried it either. But I'll tell you Mindy Mylrea is one of the people hawking it in the infomercials. I am totally surprised by that; they must pay a bunch. She is a well known fitness instructor. The device is probably crap, but her workouts are killer...no joke. see

Personally, I wouldn't pay 60 for one of those videos. All I did was download Tae Bo Ab workout mix, and 8 minute abs off the net. I paid nothing and I'm seeing great results. Of course I'm doing weights 3 times a week too.

Tae Bo ab workout mix goes for about half an hour, and for me it's pretty intense, it also works the butt and thighs a bit, so that's an added bonus. 8 minute abs goes through 9 diff ab exercises all at about 45 seconds long, except for the last one which is just a basic crunch. I find it has helped.

But again, the only way to lose weight anywhere, is to do cardio and lots of it. I love it. heh.

Back