How Should I do HIIT?

Hi Guys, My Name's Natalia. I'm 5'3, 23 years old and I weight 137lbs.
I'm a beginner, I recently discovered about HIIT training & I'm obviously Curious about this.
Thing Is, I've read so much information I don't even know how to start.
So I come here for advice!

Usually on the treadmill I walk/jog at 3.5 With 2.5 incline & I don't Run (I've barely started to run for 5 minutes!) But when I do it's at 4.5 & I do believe it's a comfortable pase, It's the resistance I lack.
Now, I have no I dea how to perform this interval thing,
Do I Increase the speed?
30 seconds of 4.5 & One minute of 3.5 Or do I increase it to 30 seconds of 5.5 and one minute of 3.5 Oh! and My warm up should be 5 minutes of 3.0?

See, I'm confused... Some sites say the high intensity should be for one minute, others 30 second...
I just want to get the routine right so I can start right away when I go to the gym!

Intervals as with any other training have to be personalised, based on ability and purpose.
When I was doing intervals for marathon training I wanted better lung capacity, so it was minute fast 30 seconds slow or minute and a half fast, minute slow, fast being comparitive. Running club had some sprinters fro whom a minute fast was a ridiculous idea, so they went by distance instead.
If you cannot run for a minute and need longer to recover in order not to black out, try 30 second sprint 45 jog etc. Ideally you want the recovery, matching or less than your sprint, but this can take a while to build up to if not used to it.
Try a few and see what you can do realistically, then step it up a bit, 5 seconds increase on fast or decrease on slow will feel a lot by the time you are on second or third interval.

There as many HIIT protocols as there are people who think up ways to exercise. The only real requirement of HIIT is that the high intensity intervals be anaerobic, and I'm not even certain that's an actual requirement for it.

Generally, anaerobic work can be continued for up to about 1min, although the lower intensity it is within the anaerobic pathways the longer it can be sustained for. Some anaerobic work can be done for several minutes.

When I do HIIT, I like to use the timing indicated by the Tabata method, which is 0:20 on, 0:10 off, for 8 sets...a grand total of 4 minutes. I've done other protocols in my time. When I was first introduced to HIIT, I did it in much the same way as I currently do strength training: about 0:30-0:60 work and 3:00 recovery, with the goal of getting my HR as high as possible during the sprints and then keep moving at a relatively gentle pace until my HR got back down to about 60%.

Back