how many times are you running a week?

hey, ive read so much on how much you should train during a week and it varies a great deal! cant believe how different peoples opinions of it are, ive found its best to run 3-4 times per week. no more. just wondering what people are doing. :)

It's different for everyone and it depends on where you're starting. If you're brand new to running, then you need more recovery, so 1-2 days per week might be your starting point. As your body gets used to it, you can add more run days.

None, running sucks

I'd rather do something like DB snatches for cardio which leaves me free to chat up the hot little russian PT girl between sets

I personally run 3-4x a wk and on the days I'm not running then I opt to do a machine similar to the elliptical where there's both resistance on my arms and legs

Chicken Plucker, I completely agree! Unfortunately though I find it to be the only way to lose excess weight for me, plus I'm wanting to do a Triathlon so it is quite important I practice!

3-4 times per week for me.

If you want to start running from today then i would like to suggest you that you should not run more than 3 or 4 times per week. It is advisable to all the beginners that they should not start running as rigorous way. It may bring devastating result for them. They would feel pain in their leg and they would feel fatigued. After one or two month they can run 4 or 6 time per week. Make sure you drink lots of water before running.

Stretching is very important before running.

I'm trying to lose some pounds (about 183lbs athte mo). Think I'd like to get 161 (5'10"). I have the same issue re running. I dont run a lot, just a couple of miles twice a day but would like to do that 7 days a week. Its just a brilliant calorie/fat burner and seems to tighten and tone both upper and lower body. Can I cause damage doing it that often with it only been short burst runs? I have run before when my weight has climbed and its done the trick. Not keen on gyms. My legs are aching but coping.

I'm 62, 165#, fairly fit, and been running less than a year. When it was warm enough, I was running in the very early morning 2 or three times a week and once on the weekend if I could get away with it. Never exceeded 4 miles. It was great!
Now with the winter I'm stuck on a treadmill and hate it. 3X a week, three miles is all I can stand even with varying the speed and angle.
So really, the answer is "it depends". Everyone is different and you have your own needs. But I hope my .02 helped you.
Pete

I run 3-4 times a week depending on the goal at the time. I do 4 times per week when training for a 10 km race or half marathon and 3 times when I am maintaining fitness or focusing on weight loss.

I do lots of exercises every week, I run, jog, walk, bike, swim and do some Yoga. You will never be bored in doing workouts everyday if you know more exercises. You can do it alternatively or by schedule. I love cycling during weekends with my kids and DH around our area.

I run 3 to 6km every day, depending on my energy levels. On weekends I may up this to 9km depending on how sore I am from the weights training I participate in every fortnight. I believe running daily is extremely important mostly because I am addicted to the 'high' I get ��. However, if I'm unwell, or feel too sore, I may skip one day. I'm still a beginner somewhat, but have always had a keen running ability.

I run 2 times a week. I know it's nothing but i'm reqlly just starting now :/ plus i do pilates twice a week as well

So the basic answer to the question how often should I run is three to four days a week with some cross-training thrown in, if possible, and at least one day a week of rest. And one last thing: remember to have some fun, even on those days when your run is on the tougher side.

It differs from everyone according to their body structure. I go for rinning daily in the morning because it refresh my mood.

Back