How do I find the right routine to lose belly fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar1941

I am ex semi-pro football player. When I used to play football, I had abs, and I have no fat areas showing in my body.
Around 4 years ago, I stopped training and only settled for some casual matches with friends and, of course, started eating junk food and ignored my meal schedule and quality.
2 weeks ago, I started doing HIIT using the treadmill (2 mins with 4.5 speed 0 inclines and 1 minute with 12 speed 4 inclines) for one hour, burning around 400 calories daily.
Once or twice a week, instead of HIIT, I go to the gym for weight lifting.
For breakfast, I now have 2 boiled eggs and 1 shake (half a banana, a cup of milk, and some powder that we have here is called bsisa : Calories: 283 •Carbs: 50g •Fat: 10g •Protein: 14g.
Lunch and dinner, I would have some cucumber as my go-to veg, rice/sea-food/chicken or anything of that sort.
The bottom line is I stopped eating bread, I stopped using sugar and defo stopped eating outside, and I am currently doing around 400 kcal deficit daily.
Is this the right way?
I keep reading online that using a treadmill will make my muscles weak and/or will have a loose belly.
The last thing I want to know is a loose belly.
So professionals out there, help me out, please.
I am 24 years old
177 cm
76.5 Kg ( a week ago, I was 79, so I am losing weight)
I will attach a reference for my eating summary for today as reference.
I would love if someone can tell me if I am doing the right things so I can go on, or the wrong things so I can rectify.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 6
Yes you are on the right track.

I keep reading online that using a treadmill will make my muscles weak and/or will have a loose belly.

Yes a lot of running can lead to loss of muscle mass but it will not cause you to have loose skin on your belly, you are young and not obese, in fact you are within the normal weight range.

2 weeks ago, I started doing HIIT using the treadmill (2 mins with 4.5 speed 0 inclines and 1 minute with 12 speed 4 inclines) for one hour, burning around 400 calories daily.

I would not describe this as high intensity interval training. While it is interval training, high intensity cannot be maintained for an hour and does not have a 2:1 rest to work ratio and should not be done every day.

Thank you @Trusylver for your reply, you're right yeah that probably isn't HIIT, my main goal is to have a flat belly and get my abs back, what other activities do you suggest should I include in my routine? abs workout? actual HIIT?
Also how much is too much running? I don't want to have weaker muscles?

Welcome Mar! Listen to Trusylver, she is the expert here I am not. My expertise is based only on my own experience. However one thing I have learned is that 2 weeks is not enough time to expect a lot of change. Keep it up and I believe you probably will.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you and following your progress. Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much, @alligatorob.
Yes, for sure, I am not expecting any drastic change in 2 weeks; I wanted to know if what I am doing is right so that I don't hurt my body in the process of getting it in shape.
After reading @Trusylver 's comment, I added some HIIT to my routine, so instead of running 6KMs a day, I would run only 2 days a week and do HIIT with some abs workout for 2 days with a tennis game a week.
Anyway, I will make sure to update you on my progress.
Again I am super grateful for the kindness and help from both of you nice people.

What has worked for me is committing to working out at least 30min a day. Im a mom of 5 so thats all the time I have to give at this time and I try to do it at least 3x a week. I've also found that drinking apple cider vinegar, lemon, honey, cinnamon before bed at night and on an empty stomach in the morning really does curb my appetite and makes me not as hungry. I'm not striving for perfection but progression at my own paste and its working for me.

, I added some HIIT to my routine, so instead of running 6KMs a day, I would run only 2 days a week and do HIIT with some abs workout for 2 days with a tennis game a week.

looks like a good mix, remember however that you cannot target specific areas for fat loss, your genetics will determine where you store or loose fat. Ab work is good so long as you are targeting the whole core and not just doing crunches/sit-ups, Anti-rotation core exercises are important to include for injury prevention.

Thousands of books have been written about the latest and greatest diets that will help people lose weight and improve health. But a key element in any successful nutritional health program is a tried-and-true method that most people haven’t thought about—yet it could be revolutionary for taking health to the next level. This ancient secret is fasting.

This ancient secret is fasting.
??? The ancients fasted when they didn't have anything to eat. Probably not to lose belly fat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back