Hey, mind giving some tips?

Hello all. As you can tell i am a new member. To be honest i didn't think the forums could ever help me with my problem until i saw some people giving decent advice to others which gave me the idea of signing up :eek:

I have a little problem here. It's related to six pacs. I want 6 pacs :D .
I have quite strong ab muscles. I have seen many videos on youtube and i can easily do what most of those body builders do in even longer duration and higher repetition (maybe because i weigh 62 kgs but still)... yet i don't have six pacs. I can feel it if i touch my belly and press a little (erm, more than a little maybe), but its not showing. it has been like this for about 6 months I have tried reducing fat percentage but my ribs start showing and it's not very healthy looking. Besides people often tell me i look skinny and i cant say i disagree.

I have been doing sit ups and crunches on and off for years now (I wouldn't be lying if i said 5 years) but only 6 month of them have been with proper fooding involved. So it is getting rather frustrating for me, especially after seeing some of my friends get six pacs within few months with far less dedication and training than me.

What should i do? reduce fat percentage even further? bulk up and forget about six pacs? train my ab muscles even more (I'm game for any kind of hellish training but i have already tried)

Oh and before you say i should eat and bulk up, please take into consideration that I'm a semi professional futsal player. I eat a lot, but i play futsal 4 days a week and the other 3 days i do upper body and ab training. so not only being bulk could reduce my speed and stamina, but it is very hard for me to bulk up.

my photo:

One thing you could try is working your abs with added weight in the hypertrophy rep range. Eg. with a cable machine. This can help to add size to your abs, but genetics will play a role too I'm sure.

Thanks for the reply AcubeOffice
I think genetics can play an important role but i refuse to believe i can't have hard abs until i know I've reached my limits which seem far away at the moment :D

Oh well guess hitting the gym 4 days a week is a Must now since i can't do cable machine exercises at home :D but yeah it sounds like a logical solution. Thanks :)

Back